Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

39 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Splendour Fest just announced. Ashcroft and Supergrass is decent but £60 is steep. Also 24th July is unlikely to happen. I'm surprised they went with that date.

Why is that date unlikely to happen?

43 minutes ago, Radiochicken said:

What’s The National one? Have they moved their May gigs?

Nope I bought a ticket for the May gig.

Obviously it’ll be cancelled but hedging my bets on being able to go the re-arranged date. 

A ticket popped up on Ticketmaster so I grabbed it. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, sisco said:

Why is that date unlikely to happen?

Well I don't think outdoor gigs will happen until August at the earliest. And currently, anyone under 40 isn't getting their second vaccine dose until July 27th minimum. If it went off the first dose then there would be no need to move end of June events.

9 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Well I don't think outdoor gigs will happen until August at the earliest. And currently, anyone under 40 isn't getting their second vaccine dose until July 27th minimum. If it went off the first dose then there would be no need to move end of June events.

Socially distant outdoor shows will eb allowed from May 17th. Would be massively pessimistic for it to be delayed that long

15 minutes ago, zahidf said:

Socially distant outdoor shows will eb allowed from May 17th. Would be massively pessimistic for it to be delayed that long

Outdoor venues will allow 4k. The larger outdoor seated venues upto 10k where crowds can spread out. 

Splendour is now 25k. How do we in envisage this fitting in with that? Is that an outdoor seated venue?, how are you going to sort that out standing while spread out. I'd say that definitely fits into the June 21st at minimum category. Maybe I'm wrong.

Screenshot_20210305-141312_Chrome.jpg

5 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Outdoor venues will allow 4k. The larger outdoor seated venues upto 10k where crowds can spread out. 

Splendour is now 25k. How do we in envisage this fitting in with that? Is that an outdoor seated venue?, how are you going to sort that out standing while spread out. I'd say that definitely fits into the June 21st at minimum category. Maybe I'm wrong.

I'm more concerned that you only have 17% battery left...

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

But by June 21st social distancing is in the bin

22 minutes ago, Supernintendo Chalmers said:

I'm more concerned that you only have 17% battery left...

Well if that's all you have to be concerned about then you're doing okay haha.

18 minutes ago, zahidf said:

But by June 21st social distancing is in the bin

At the very earliest! If you think everything from April is going to run like clockwork which is when the 'at the earliest time's things are then they aren't. Vaccinations are already I'm short supply this far in.

7 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Well if that's all you have to be concerned about then you're doing okay haha.

At the very earliest! If you think everything from April is going to run like clockwork which is when the 'at the earliest time's things are then they aren't. Vaccinations are already I'm short supply this far in.

Okay sorry bro we'll stop having any hope now. Just gonna rip all my tickets up and accept that the hard times will never end

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

Okay sorry bro we'll stop having any hope now. Just gonna rip all my tickets up and accept that the hard times will never end

I hope they will be sooner but I'm just being a realist.

Why RIP them up?, places will give refunds. And who said never end?, I have said that I think purely going by what the dates at their earliest have stated given what we've had so far is very optimistic.

Edited by thewayiam

31 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

22 minutes ago, Gilgamesh69 said:

For me all my gigs and festivals are happening until the goalposts get moved. I'm hopeful and hoping that the vaccination process keeps progressing, we don't hit any bumps in the road (I'm thinking we should be okay due to vulnerable being vaccinated therefore keeping deaths and hospitalisations low and the vaccines working on any new strains) and social distancing is gone by 21st June. 

Edited by foolee

8 minutes ago, foolee said:

For me all my gigs and festivals are happening until the goalposts get moved. I'm hopeful and hoping that the vaccination process keeps progressing, we don't hit any bumps in the road (I'm thinking we should be okay due to vulnerable being vaccinated therefore keeping deaths and hospitalisations low and the vaccines working on any new strains) and social distancing is gone by 21st June. 

That's fine. I'm a bit different I guess as I came back home just as the pandemic was starting up end of March time. I haven't bought anything as yet....well a ticket to a comedian in November. But I would have bought at least a Sunday ticket for Download. I'm still sceptical over getting a ticket for Catfish in Swansea because for me I just find it unsafe to do so at this point. Especially as a time when we've gone from over 3m vaccines a week to 1.2m and that'll last until the 14th at least.

I don't consider just the vulnerable the solution because people younger fo have it. My mates 31 for eg and he's off work again because he's not recovered well from post positive after effects. He got it bad and said it's the worst he's ever felt. Others I know under 30 by a distance got it as well. My friend next door neighbour died from it, her step mum died from it and her mum died from it. Yes they are older but still.

So for a couple of reasons as can be seen I'd rather take every risk I see as important first before be cause multiple thousands of people back in venues. Outdoor events aren't going to fold if they are delayed this year, bands aren't going to stop being able to afford food. But unnecessary deaths may be caused because of it.

35 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

That's fine. I'm a bit different I guess as I came back home just as the pandemic was starting up end of March time. I haven't bought anything as yet....well a ticket to a comedian in November. But I would have bought at least a Sunday ticket for Download. I'm still sceptical over getting a ticket for Catfish in Swansea because for me I just find it unsafe to do so at this point. Especially as a time when we've gone from over 3m vaccines a week to 1.2m and that'll last until the 14th at least.

I don't consider just the vulnerable the solution because people younger fo have it. My mates 31 for eg and he's off work again because he's not recovered well from post positive after effects. He got it bad and said it's the worst he's ever felt. Others I know under 30 by a distance got it as well. My friend next door neighbour died from it, her step mum died from it and her mum died from it. Yes they are older but still.

So for a couple of reasons as can be seen I'd rather take every risk I see as important first before be cause multiple thousands of people back in venues. Outdoor events aren't going to fold if they are delayed this year, bands aren't going to stop being able to afford food. But unnecessary deaths may be caused because of it.

That's fair enough. I just keep thinking if things go well and we're back in venues/fields after June 21st I'd rather have a festival/festivals booked. Imagine things get the okay and you can't go because they're all sold out? I also have lots that have rolled over and I've booked local gigs as I can go no matter what day of the week and get a refund if anything clashes when dates are rescheduled. 

Vulnerable and older is a lot of the solution though because we're aiming to reduce deaths and hospitalisations so as long as these are kept relatively low which the vaccine program should do then we'll be okay. We aren't going to get rid completely but understand your hesitation. I'm just looking on the optimistic and hopeful side as I can't wait to be back at gigs/festivals.

20 minutes ago, foolee said:

That's fair enough. I just keep thinking if things go well and we're back in venues/fields after June 21st I'd rather have a festival/festivals booked. Imagine things get the okay and you can't go because they're all sold out? I also have lots that have rolled over and I've booked local gigs as I can go no matter what day of the week and get a refund if anything clashes when dates are rescheduled. 

Vulnerable and older is a lot of the solution though because we're aiming to reduce deaths and hospitalisations so as long as these are kept relatively low which the vaccine program should do then we'll be okay. We aren't going to get rid completely but understand your hesitation. I'm just looking on the optimistic and hopeful side as I can't wait to be back at gigs/festivals.

No I get all that and agree that the older people are the more more likely they are to become victim etc.

I guess from my wage if thinking. If they get everyone over 18 vaccines first before having thousands together then you literally can't do anything more than that. You are vaccined, the person next to you is and it's almost all the hesitation and worry is gone. Just on the thing said elsewhere too. I would not attend any event if it meant wearing a face mask.

I think for anyone who is going to comfortable going to gigs if they do happen this summer (and can afford it obviously), every gig ticket we buy for this year makes next year's season more likely to happen if the worst case scenario of postponement comes to pass. Especially if we have a loyalty to a specific event. 

I agree it is potentially a moral grey area but this is why I think it wont happen according to our current roadmap- I think realistically the Tory voters (who make policy via polls) won't stand for it unless we go with a one vaccine policy for younger (not entirely out the question) which should be done by July.  Otherwise I don't see a mass event til everyone has had both

Edited by efcfanwirral