Tour Announcements & Upcoming Gigs

FloorFiller

On 4/15/2024 at 9:25 PM, Kaboom Boxer said:

I hope this trend of bands only doing Bristol and London on their UK legs doesn’t catch on!

I wasn't aware St Vincent was doing more festivals in Europe but a 4 date European tour seemed on the skinny side.

5 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I dunno. If they offer up a secret set on a smaller stage playing Funeral would the festival really turn it down?  Getting a freebie from a former headliner - albeit with a tarnished rep - is a way of shoring up a weaker line up.

Why would they play for free? 

7 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I dunno. If they offer up a secret set on a smaller stage playing Funeral would the festival really turn it down?  Getting a freebie from a former headliner - albeit with a tarnished rep - is a way of shoring up a weaker line up.

Normally I see where you're coming from, but I'd be ashamed of the festival if they took that approach. 

6 hours ago, adequate8 said:

Reputation laundering. Getting back in people's good graces.

5 hours ago, clarkete said:

Normally I see where you're coming from, but I'd be ashamed of the festival if they took that approach. 

On any given year you can find wrong 'uns on the bill.

2 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Reputation laundering. Getting back in people's good graces.

On any given year you can find wrong 'uns on the bill.

But those were historical wrong uns who have been in active festival circulation.  These aren't historical, or in active festival circulation and this festival is always trying to be more progressive about gender related issues - so it would be an embarrassing step back. 

Edited by clarkete

9 hours ago, adequate8 said:

I don't think they meant for free - just to take a smaller slot as a secret set which is paid a fair bit less than Pyramid Sub / Other Headliner (which is probably around where they are now)

5 minutes ago, DarthSaul said:

@Slugy I can't quote reply but AF artist presale is through ticketmaster code Funeral20

Cheers mate. I can see anywhere to enter it, I assume you have to wait for the tickets to drop?

Would love to hear of Arcade Fire playing to 17 people at brixton academy, due to a nationwide crackdown on a) people who don't understand the concept of consent and b) sh*tty ticket prices.

• Upvote 7

8 minutes ago, balti-pie said:

Would love to hear of Arcade Fire playing to 17 people at brixton academy, due to a nationwide crackdown on a) people who don't understand the concept of consent and b) sh*tty ticket prices.

Some people clearly have more money than sense - and whatever sense is left over isn't enough to care. grim

43 minutes ago, gfa said:

Some people clearly have more money than sense - and whatever sense is left over isn't enough to care. grim

On this fence about this.

I was at their last show in 2022, after the news of Win Butler’s behaviour broke and I will admit that it was quite an uncomfortable atmosphere (not just because the Queen also died that day). It’s worth noting standing was £70 for this show, I agree that £90 is crazy for a gig ticket but £70 two years ago wasn’t OTT so I can kind of accept a £20 increase.

I imagine this will be the last time I see them as the quality of their output has notably dipped. I’m going to take opportunity to see a band that was at one point one of my favourite bands, celebrating an album that was a formative part of my youth. The chance to see a band that has headlined most major festivals around the world in such a smaller venue also comes into consideration.

It’s a case of having to separate the art from the artist, whilst not tarnishing 80% of the band for 20% of the bands behaviour.

4 minutes ago, aldo88 said:

On this fence about this.

I was at their last show in 2022, after the news of Win Butler’s behaviour broke and I will admit that it was quite an uncomfortable atmosphere (not just because the Queen also died that day). It’s worth noting standing was £70 for this show, I agree that £90 is crazy for a gig ticket but £70 two years ago wasn’t OTT so I can kind of accept a £20 increase.

I imagine this will be the last time I see them as the quality of their output has notably dipped. I’m going to take opportunity to see a band that was at one point one of my favourite bands, celebrating an album that was a formative part of my youth. The chance to see a band that has headlined most major festivals around the world in such a smaller venue also comes into consideration.

It’s a case of having to separate the art from the artist, whilst not tarnishing 80% of the band for 20% of the bands behaviour.

All i will say is that the band put out a statement supporting Win, so im happy to tarnish them with the same brush

His brother quit his band just before allegations broke. Smart guy

• Upvote 2

22 minutes ago, Andy0808 v5 said:

Can’t wait to see the same energy on here for Lizzo’s next tour. I’m sure you’ll all be calling for empty venues and being bellends to those who want to see her 🤔 

She isnt being accused of the same thing

anyway, her case is going through the courts, so we will see what they say

Alot of one case for one, one for another going on. 

£90 to see one of the best albums ever made in a reasonably small setting is great value. Sadly I'm at Werchter over the weekend watching bands like Nothing But Thieves who get nowhere near the sort of bad press on here like Arcade Fire.

3 hours ago, DarthSaul said:

Easy to say when you don't care for the band in the first place. I didn't notice similar comments re Ezra Koenig during the Vampire Weekend on-sale last week

No idea if this is aimed at me but plenty of people do care and are not going to see them due to this despite liking them - myself included (well i wouldn't pay £110 but would definitely for a normal price)

I didn't even know about Ezra Koenig until just now - its clearly less widely known or people would be talking about it here , you'd definitely see at least one mention. Classic whataboutism though...

I can't even seem to figure out the full story from a quick google, would be interested if someone can explain as theres a few reddit posts and poorly written articles but nothing apparent of much substance.

Away from the allegations/disreputable behaviour etc. the ticket prices for AF are ridiculous.  Anyone paying that needs to give their head a wobble.

21 minutes ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

Away from the allegations/disreputable behaviour etc. the ticket prices for AF are ridiculous.  Anyone paying that needs to give their head a wobble.

Whilst I agree they are crazy prices - they aren't really much different to similarly themed The Killers tour; which has sold out across the board. 

I'd expect at least one additional date at Brixton.

35 minutes ago, 4AssedMonkey said:

I paid it for Noel Gallagher at the Royal Albert Hall. Turned out to be one of my favourite ever gigs so glad I did! (had pretty much the best possible seats)