Liam and Noel playing tonight

Mich1268

2 minutes ago, amfy said:

Well Ariana Grande was just a name to me before last week. I didn't know what she looked like and had no clue about her music, and I'd probably still not want to own any of it, but she is a beautiful singer. Her voice just soars.

...of all the people to target, what a mistake to pick her, she looks like a Disney princess and seems to radiate light! Could there be a bigger contrast to the evil that has been visited on us over the last couple of weeks.

what an amazing evening of music - the cynicism of this forum dropping through the floor says it all about he magic it wove.

great post ... one of many superb ones tonight ...  a credit to Manchester , London , Efests , Glastonbury tonight .. one Love everyone x

• Replies 461
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yes that young lady gives me hope for the future.  Totally amazing, there's not many people who could do that. 

And credit to all the artists who played with the most basic of production. 

But most of all credit to the audience and the city of Manchester for delivering one big fuck you to the evil of the world. 

Pop stars (and young folk in general) get a bad press these days, sometimes justified, often overblown, however tonight a group of them got together and did something pretty special for a city that needed it. It's easy to be cynical about these kinds of event, however that cynicism tonight would just make you look like a dead-in-side, humourless tosspot.

Well done to all involved and this thread has been a great read.

Especially the Victoria Wood/Liam G pic.

12 minutes ago, amfy said:

Well Ariana Grande was just a name to me before last week. I didn't know what she looked like and had no clue about her music, and I'd probably still not want to own any of it, but she is a beautiful singer. Her voice just soars.

...of all the people to target, what a mistake to pick her, she looks like a Disney princess and seems to radiate light! Could there be a bigger contrast to the evil that has been visited on us over the last couple of weeks.

what an amazing evening of music - the cynicism of this forum dropping through the floor says it all about he magic it wove.

Seriously need more upvotes for posts like this. Lovely 

What a great event. I take my hat off to Ariana for putting it all together. Class act. 

To see the whole forum coming together and enjoying it regardless of the music or all our own tastes just proves to me how good an event it was. 

Tonight's hit me right in the feels. Love conquers hate, always. 

1 minute ago, zico martin said:

Yes it was Twitter in here tonight. Great work guys :)

Not even on the same planet. Twitter is full of disgusting bottom feeders. It was utterly joyful in here. I fucking love you guys. 

Great show and big respect to all who played on such short notice with limited production. I normally have no emotions but I had some tonight I must say, so many of the songs that were played had lyrics that really pulled on the old heart strings. Anyway, back to being a big tough guy.........

Was great to share such an uplifting event with you all on this thread tonight. Also good to see how music keeps surprising all of us .None more than me. If you had asked me about Ariana Grande before i saw her tonight, id have dismissed her as just another American teen with more reputation than talent. But i guess thats one reason why we all love music.And a reminder to me personally to keep my mind and indeed ears open at all times.I hope to meet many of you personaly at efest meet in just over a fortnight :-)

15 minutes ago, tinktink said:

how could Noel turn up he is still partying with Madonna Stella & Bono 

I'm sure the idea of Noel turning up would have been considered however I think all involved would have realised that it would have taken the focus away from what the real reason the event was organised.

Absolute credit to all involved though. Must have been a logistical nightmare putting this together at such short notice. As for Ms. Grande, it simply warms the cockles to see her doing this, it really does.

Brilliant and emotional evening. Ariana Grande must surely now be one of the most popular stars in the country. And never thought I would see the day where Liam Gallagher and Chris Martin were embracing on stage!

Let's take these vibes to the farm. Can't wait :)