2019 festival

55 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Paying 2 hundo to finish every night with 45-minute headline sets? Keep it.

Would probably end up elsewhere for Vince purely because I saw him in 2017 and didn't think too much of him live, but with a solid undercard i'd be perfectly willing to finish up 2/3 nights with 45 mins of Earl and Pusha. Considering for the past 2 years I've basically had no gaps in my schedule of who I'd see on the undercard, it's well worth the money.

Edited by TheWaters

On 11/7/2018 at 8:40 AM, Ferda said:

As much as I would enjoy BMTH headlining I can't see that happening (anyway, if FF & 1975 info is correct it doesn't fit unless it's co-headline). Saw them last night in Hamburg, about 3-4 ths crowd in 7k capacity arena. Would be interesting to see how they do in the UK but sales seem weak so far? They also played 1h 20m set which would be too short for headliner standards. The concert was pretty good though and Fever 333 were brilliant.

Aye, sales for BMTH have been disappointing to say the least. I'm willing to give the benefit of the doubt that it comes down to the rather high-end prices they've slapped on since the move into arenas - but it does feel a little like they've priced themselves out.

If Amo shifts 30,000+ first week, I'll be pleasantly surprised. Feel they should have had a crack at a major headline slot.

https://www.nme.com/blogs/nme-blogs/fake-band-threatin-just-played-sold-uk-tour-absolutely-no-one-2400572

Pit headliners next year surely??

This whole situation is so funny and strange if any of you haven't had a look into it, give this article a read.

"they’ve out-Hunna’d The Hunna. And for that, maybe they should be applauded?"

55 minutes ago, TheWaters said:

https://www.nme.com/blogs/nme-blogs/fake-band-threatin-just-played-sold-uk-tour-absolutely-no-one-2400572

Pit headliners next year surely??

This whole situation is so funny and strange if any of you haven't had a look into it, give this article a read.

"they’ve out-Hunna’d The Hunna. And for that, maybe they should be applauded?"

Just read up about it, the whole thing is fucking bizzare

has his own wiki page on fandom http://music.wikia.com/wiki/Threatin

10 minutes ago, dum surfer said:

Just read up about it, the whole thing is fucking bizzare

has his own wiki page on fandom http://music.wikia.com/wiki/Threatin

just followed the link thru about the "Top Rock Artist of the Year" award he supposedly won, and the "Top Rock Press" website it's from is obviously a fake to hype him, too. It has very limited content.

As he's from LA, I'm betting there's a rich daddy somewhere.

Edited by eFestivals

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

just followed the link thru about the "Top Rock Artist of the Year" award he supposedly won, and the "Top Rock Press" website it's from is obviously a fake to hype him, too. It has very limited content.

As he's from LA, I'm betting there's a rich daddy somewhere.

Defo gotta be someone rich involved, went on his spotify and he actually recorded the full album and seen he still has some scheduled shows to play in like Belfast or something. 

this is the funniest thing I’ve read about in a while

49 minutes ago, LiamEP said:

seems mad how big they've gotten over the last year or so

I literally saw them playing a 100 capacity library show back in like April haha, it's mad. (Obvs they were bigger than 100 cap venues, but mad to think they did a whole tour of that small venues just this year)

15 hours ago, TheWaters said:

I literally saw them playing a 100 capacity library show back in like April haha, it's mad. (Obvs they were bigger than 100 cap venues, but mad to think they did a whole tour of that small venues just this year)

I can beat that, I saw them opening a Dr Martens store in Bath 6 months ago, about 50 there.

Again, obviously that was smaller than they normally play but as you say it’s mad to think that was earlier this year

22 minutes ago, VCK said:

There's talk that the Glastonbury headliners will be Stormzy, Paul McCartney and The Cure.

That leaves Arctic Monkeys free. Them, Foo Fighters and a 1975/Twenty One Pilots co-headline?

Can't see them getting both Arctics and Foos in one year, and The 1975 are too big to be co-headlining at this point imo. Most likely scenario is Arctics have chosen not to do festivals this year (perhaps planning on doing them off the back of their supposed new album coming next year?) and it'll just be the other three.

Edited by FloorFiller
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, VCK said:

There's talk that the Glastonbury headliners will be Stormzy, Paul McCartney and The Cure.

That leaves Arctic Monkeys free. Them, Foo Fighters and a 1975/Twenty One Pilots co-headline?

AM and Foos would be pretty pricey already, but I don't think with such a strong two headliners they would need to bother with a coheadline, they could just have one of them play instead. Not sure which would be better difference wise from the other two headliners, probably 21p since it kinda is a bit rap/emo although 1975 definitely have pop appeal.

7 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Can't see them getting both Arctics and Foos in one year, and The 1975 are too big to be co-headlining at this point imo. Most likely scenario is Arctics have chosen not to do festivals this year (perhaps planning on doing them off the back of their supposed new album coming next year?) and it'll just be the other three.

there's a new album next year? interesting

1 hour ago, gfa said:

there's a new album next year? interesting

There was a rumour of it on Reddit but that's all.

Anyway, we don't even have any indication that Arctic Monkeys are gonna be active next Summer other than a tweet that said they're playing Maddison Square Garden, a special UK show and an iconic June Festival. I'm extremely confident they won't be at R&L.

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Gucci Piggy said:

There was a rumour of it on Reddit but that's all.

Anyway, we don't even have any indication that Arctic Monkeys are gonna be active next Summer other than a tweet that said they're playing Maddison Square Garden, a special UK show and an iconic June Festival. I'm extremely confident they won't be at R&L.

AM have never played stadiums have they? Was thinking they would do that but then if this tweet is true I would say Knebworth is a realistic option. 

What other June festivals take place that can be described as 'iconic' apart from Glasto? 

Edited by R Shah

1 hour ago, R Shah said:

AM have never played stadiums have they? Was thinking they would do that but then if this tweet is true I would say Knebworth is a realistic option. 

What other June festivals take place that can be described as 'iconic' apart from Glasto? 

Nope. If there was a special UK show I'd imagine it would be a Sheffield outdoor show, which it seems they were planning on doing this year.

Most obvious one is Bonnaroo. In the UK there's IOW but I don't see that happening. Anyway, the info didn't actually come from anyone with a track record of having inside info on Arctic Monkeys, it was just relayed on Twitter by someone who does, so I wouldn't be surprised if it isn't true and they do nothing next Summer.