2019 festival

I wasn't allowed to go at 16 when I want to see Muse and Kasabian. I was gutted. 17 I was allowed but we didnt want to go when Fall Out Boy and Kings of Boring Performance Leon were playing. Tbf 16 is still quite young, 17 seems alright. Now I am 18, the obsession is real with festivals. Sorry for the part life story. 

22 hours ago, Andre91 said:

Jesus Christ, how many 14 year olds are going to Reading and Leeds?

Edited by RarerThanDandyB
English

1 hour ago, RarerThanDandyB said:

I wasn't allowed to go at 16 when I want to see Muse and Kasabian. I was gutted. 17 I was allowed but we didnt want to go when Fall Out Boy and Kings of Boring Performance Leon were playing. Tbf 16 is still quite young, 17 seems alright. Now I am 18, the obsession is real with festivals. Sorry for the part life story. 

I did Reading at 17 and 18, think 16 is quite young but now a lot more likely. Only a few people my age that I knew went the year before I did so it has happened for a while.

I went Reading for my 15th Birthday, but I had to camp with family in white so I guess it’s kind of acceptable.

Still managed to get mangled on the regular and not found out. I do agree though, think 17/18 is probably a better age to start going.

3 hours ago, Dangerbreaks said:

Thoughts on the new Frank Carter album. Only had a couple of listens so far but I'm really liking it. 

Really good album. Going to see him in Leeds on Sunday, saw him in York earlier in the year and he was outstanding. He'll easily own the slot he has on the lineup. One of the best frontmen out there. 

It's decent but I prefer the first album though. Kitty Sucker is my favourite track on it from the first listen and I was pleasantly surprised seeing Tom Morello's name on the track listing. I do feel sorry for the guitarist who now has to spend loads of money on pedals and gizmos to fill in for Tom now :P 

Not got round to listening to that Frank carter record yet, he was insanely good when I saw him at Leeds 2016, was into him a bit before then but really started liking him quite a bit after, heard that single Crowbar and liked that so looking forward to giving the whole thing a listen, second record is my favourite.

Vampire Weekend album is class too, very chilled, This Life might be my favourite song of the year have been playing it constantly since it come out

What do people think could be the secret sets? Catfish might be a decent shout with a view to headlining next year?

Thinking maybe The Streets as another choices, Catfish seem like a very good choice to me though since they aren't doing too many festivals this year compared to previous years and are definitely in demand still. I feel like they would have just announced them though if they were playing as they would be a good ticket seller for sure. Can't really see any other options really - perhaps Bloc Party if they do Victorious friday - reading saturday and then to leeds on sunday but seems a bit of a push. Liam Gallagher is around the week after although same with catfish, probably would of just been announced. Maybe someone more unexpected, any major albums coming out in Autumn?

27 minutes ago, gfa said:

Maybe someone more unexpected, any major albums coming out in Autumn?

I think Biffy’s new album is around that time, I’m thinking them for the secret set. If not Catfish or The Streets like you say. 

• Upvote 1

32 minutes ago, syc1818 said:

Why not

I think they're a bad fit for the current R&L demographic. They're riding a wave of nostalgia from audiences a decade or so older than the average R&L goer. Disastrous booking in N.E.R.D. last year and this would be similar. 

If Biffy Clyro have an album out around then, that's them nailed on I think.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, syc1818 said:

I dunno they are quite bit with the early 00s indie revival that's happening recently with teenagers 

Yeah a lot of young people still really highly regard Original Pirate Material (as they should) and most people know Fit But You Know It and Dry Your Eyes so they do have appeal imo. 

1 hour ago, TKOCF said:

Yeah a lot of young people still really highly regard Original Pirate Material (as they should) and most people know Fit But You Know It and Dry Your Eyes so they do have appeal imo. 

What's the average RnL goer? I'm 22 and my group of mates reference Mike Skinner lyrics pretty regularly