The60ftOctopus

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, ayecannyaye said:

I had the lyrics to 4th Of July tip- exed onto my pencil case at school while I was doing my GCSE's. Wow that makes me feel old.

What an absolute tune! 
---
First thing I woke up to this morning too. Sad news. Great voice and even better musician. 
Never caught Soundgarden despite being a massive fan but did catch him solo once. 

A shocker, one of the great rock vocalists of the past 30 years, maybe ever. Superunknown is a stunning album, Badmotorfinger excellent and I enjoyed quite a lot of the earlier stuff and Down on the Upside too. Had hoped they'd turn up on the Other one year. Caught them at the SB Empire the other year and his voice was as fantastic as ever.

Edited by Brave Sir Robin

Looking more like suicide. Apparently the last song he played in the gig on Wednesday and what will be his last ever song performance was In My Time Of Dying, the gospel song Zep covered. 

Read the lyrics, maybe over thinkibg it but it does point towards that somewhat. 

I revisit this video on an almost monthly basis. A man with an unbelievable voice who I was desperate to see solo live just the once - on his last tour when he played the Royal Albert Hall I was forced to very begrudgingly make the decision that I could not afford the ticket price and passed it up. I will regret that decision for a long, long time. RIP. 

Edited by Brownie30

58 minutes ago, chatty said:

Looking more like suicide. Apparently the last song he played in the gig on Wednesday and what will be his last ever song performance was In My Time Of Dying, the gospel song Zep covered. 

Read the lyrics, maybe over thinkibg it but it does point towards that somewhat. 

it sounds like suicide by hanging. wasn't someone starting a thread about Ian Curtis' date of death being the same as well? midnight after a gig on the 17th, early hours of the 18th?

So gutted when I heard this! One of the best voices ever!

2 hours ago, chatty said:

Only got to see them twice but i'm sure they played that last quite often, might be wrong?

I'd say over thinking but that's just me.

Fucking unbelievable.

I reckon it'll drugs or plain heart attack...... I hope the later. 

What ever the outcome he'll be up on the stage where all great artist go for there last great gig with Andrew Wood singing crown of thorns 

4 minutes ago, guypjfreak said:

Fucking unbelievable.

I reckon it'll drugs or plain heart attack...... I hope the later. 

What ever the outcome he'll be up on the stage where all great artist go for there last great gig with Andrew Wood singing crown of thorns 

It's been confirmed as suicide by hanging - found on his bathroom floor with a band around his neck. So weird/sad that he near enough got back from playing a show and decided to end it there and then.

43 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

It's been confirmed as suicide by hanging - found on his bathroom floor with a band around his neck. So weird/sad that he near enough got back from playing a show and decided to end it there and then.

Wtf.... It's crazy.. I suffer depression real bad at times so I can understand the head is or can be a fucked up place but by all accounts his last gig was great.. He looked great... Struth makes you wonder doesn't it.. 

Thanks old son.. 

I can bet a million dollars old Dave grohl will do a little something.. As will mark lanegan... 

22 minutes ago, BlackZeppelin said:

I wonder if Mark Lanegan will do a little tribute for him?

I'm assuming they were close given how much Sound Garden rated Screaming Trees.

Yeah they were close but I'm not sure Mark's particularly the sentimental type. Grohl surely will though.

wonderful voice..I came late in appreciating it . Loved his solo stuff.One of my favourite performances is on Slash's self titled solo album from 2010. Song called Promise .Thought he sounded at his peak there. Hes in good company up there.