Block 9

fatyeti24

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well this is all very exciting indeed.

I didn't make it to SEC last year and I've never been to NYC Downlow - definitely on the list for this year.

So top tip is to get there before headliners finish from what I'm reading. And to buy a stick on moustasche earlier in the day to avoid the queues yes?

16 minutes ago, Skoo said:

Well this is all very exciting indeed.

I didn't make it to SEC last year and I've never been to NYC Downlow - definitely on the list for this year.

So top tip is to get there before headliners finish from what I'm reading. And to buy a stick on moustasche earlier in the day to avoid the queues yes?

If you head down there on Thursday early evening you can get in without any trouble at all, just make sure to keep the moustache you purchase for future visits - I have always lost mine and had to repurchase, but it's for charity so no great drama.

2 hours ago, Matt42 said:

absolutely stellar mix from start to finish. If you want to see the maturest and most polished form of house music about then Steffi is the one.

Cheers for the nod Matt, I appreciate it, but I'm not sure it's my bag. Not sure what I'd do during it other than stand there swaying smashed out of my tits on MD, or is that the whole point? It's slow I guess is what I'm getting at, need something with a faster tempo/beat. Got any other recommendations for someone who likes to move it?

4 minutes ago, simian_mobile_mushrooms said:

Cheers for the nod Matt, I appreciate it, but I'm not sure it's my bag. Not sure what I'd do during it other than stand there swaying smashed out of my tits on MD, or is that the whole point? It's slow I guess is what I'm getting at, need something with a faster tempo/beat. Got any other recommendations for someone who likes to move it?

That's PARTLY the point. 

I mean, you don't just...'sway'.

Well, I suppose you COULD!

Ben

4 hours ago, Tuna said:

They're quite separated by venue. NYC Downlow will host more housey/disco sounds. Genosys has more of a techno edge - both that classic Detroit & more modern, I guess, "European". London Underground is a bit muddier I guess, but somewhere inbetween. Though I've never been in, so don't know what the vibe is like. I'd suggest popping by the Electronica/Dance thread - it'll get more traffic and everyone in there is sound - with a few examples of what you like/know. 

Fair play, I'm normally so fucking far gone by the time I reach the SE Corner I have no idea what I'm doing. This year I might try and show some restraint and actually check out the diff areas. Thanks a lot

5 hours ago, eastynh said:

Surely you know Kevin Saunderson??

Nope. Was he in Inner City then?

Why does the "after dark/SE corner" stuff always veer towards DJs and electronica. Are there any actual musicians in that lot, or is it all just DJs, programmers and people shouting incomprehensibly into mics?

Now I'm implying a problem @Matt42;) 

34 minutes ago, MrZigster said:

Why does the "after dark/SE corner" stuff always veer towards DJs and electronica. Are there any actual musicians in that lot, or is it all just DJs, programmers and people shouting incomprehensibly into mics?

Won't rise to this but if you delve into what's on offer you'll find a wide range of music styles represented in the SE corner. And yes, I would class many of them as musicians :huh:

40 minutes ago, MrZigster said:

Nope. Was he in Inner City then?

I dare you to look at what Blawan does live and say he isn't a musician. 

Here's a kinda idea 

live-artists-kareen.jpg