Lorde

jyoung

1 hour ago, Ddiamondd said:

Is it different when you wake up on one side of bed in the Southern Hemisphere? It's reversed right? Very hard to wrap my little head around, some might say bordering on impossible.

Fs, is there any need to take it so personally haha it wasn't aimed at you mate...

Besides, having Christmas in summer is fucking mental.

43 minutes ago, Baggins7 said:

Serious Midsommar vibes from the vid. Don’t mind the tune though

B18162D3-1FA9-44C9-88D6-D7FEE4B18D12.jpeg

4D5DD77B-56C1-4273-86EF-13E968C16B20.jpeg

Aye I felt like the music vid was creepy, but seeing that press release/statement it seems like it's not?? So the song is actually an unironic "everything is great if you just get rid of your phone and join us on the beach"? Kinda odd but we'll see how the rest of the album goes. Before I read the statement I was thinking it was going to be a concept album about a cult haha 

2 minutes ago, Haan said:

Aye I felt like the music vid was creepy, but seeing that press release/statement it seems like it's not?? So the song is actually an unironic "everything is great if you just get rid of your phone and join us on the beach"? Kinda odd but we'll see how the rest of the album goes. Before I read the statement I was thinking it was going to be a concept album about a cult haha 

Tbh I still think this will be part of a concept album, and the irony of it will be revealed with more of the singles. I think the press release may well end up being part of it as well.

8 minutes ago, discgoesmic said:

I really like this track. It's not a massive banger, but it punctuates better things coming after over a year of misery. It's chilled and positive. Reminds me of Harmony Hall by Vampire Weekend.

Great shout.

I’m really enjoying it too and I’m not sure the fact it’s not a traditional banger really matters? I really thought she would and should have dropped a total belter for the first single, so I was disappointed at first, but now it’s had chance to simmer i like it a lot and I’m here for the ride, whatever form it takes.

Edited by jparx

Just now, jparx said:

Great shout.

I’m really enjoying it too and I’m not sure the fact it’s not a traditional banger really matters? I really thought she would and should have dropped a total belter for the first single, so I was disappointed at first, but now it’s had chance to simmer i like it a lot and I’m here for the ride, whatever form it takes.

Doesn't matter to me at all - I totally agree, you'd think after 4 years it would be a stadium filler. But somehow with so much going on at the moment am I ready for a massive high adrenaline track? It might come down to how i'm feeling generally at the moment. Mellow seems to suit me at the moment.

I'm just imagining hearing it live next year at the big G or somewhere else and it makes me happy 😀 It certainly gets better the more you listen.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, discgoesmic said:

Doesn't matter to me at all - I totally agree, you'd think after 4 years it would be a stadium filler. But somehow with so much going on at the moment am I ready for a massive high adrenaline track? It might come down to how i'm feeling generally at the moment. Mellow seems to suit me at the moment.

I'm just imagining hearing it live next year at the big G or somewhere else and it makes me happy 😀 It certainly gets better the more you listen.

Yeah, much like Harmony Hall showed in 2019, it’s a perfect Pyramid sub type vibe. Sunset, cider in hand...perfect vibes. And then she drops Supercut straight after and it goes off 🤙

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, jparx said:

Yeah, much like Harmony Hall showed in 2019, it’s a perfect Pyramid sub type vibe. Sunset, cider in hand...perfect vibes. And then she drops Supercut straight after and it goes off 🤙

Harmony Hall was magical in 2019 wasn't it? Can't wait to get back to the farm

As someone who writes press releases for a living, I literally couldn't care less about what the press release says.

It is after all, the record that I will be listening to on a warm summers day, rather than reading the press release.

Just now, jyoung said:

As someone who writes press releases for a living, I literally couldn't care less about what the press release says.

It is after all, the record that I will be listening to on a warm summers day, rather than reading the press release.

Aren't you doing yourself out of a job, there...?

Just now, jyoung said:

I used to love The Beatles until I chanced upon Derek Taylor's drivel - not listened to them since.

I'll wager a tenner to Water Aid that the press release, and this single, is part of a concept record and will be dripping with irony and satire in the context of the record.

And if not, it's a really good tune either way.

Just now, jparx said:

I'll wager a tenner to Water Aid that the press release, and this single, is part of a concept record and will be dripping with irony and satire in the context of the record.

And if not, it's a really good tune either way.

I'm not so sure. The sad girl market is fairly saturated at the minute and I'm not surprised she's taken a left turn.