Lorde

jyoung

10 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

-cue dental digging up old posts proving that you, in fact, did not miss it and were in fact heavily involved in the conversation and possibly/probably the instigator- 😋

I started but I got sidetracked by the debacle of when she accused Kanye of 'stealing' her floating glass box set stage setup and her set designer absolutely dunked on her. Forgot all about that. LMAOOOOOOOOOO

28 minutes ago, Ddiamondd said:

Penny for David Blaine's thoughts

😂 I remember being in old London Town to see the Stones and the following morning, we spotted Blaine suspended from a crane in a glass box while we were taking a stroll along a river. 

Imagine my surprise. I waved a hello and went about my business. True story.

Just now, Matt42 said:

Are we in agreement her best track is supercut?

The refrain ‘Cause in my head (In my head, I do everything right)’ is the biggest ear worm.

It’s definitely up there. Absolute belter. That whole album is totally flawless so I really struggle to pick my favourite. Still 4 years later I’m just completely in love with the lyrics on that record. As good as it gets in my book.

Have to catch her on a headline gig next year. APE would be awesome.

4 minutes ago, jparx said:

Have to catch her on a headline gig next year. APE would be awesome.

Same boat as you, I really wanna get a ticket to a show of hers. APE or something like that on a summers evening would be amazing. 

Paging @dentalplanas he will probably have a heavy opinion on this, but do you think with Lorde some of her fans who grew up with her are now at the age where they can buy their own tickets to gigs - and therefore she might be a bigger deal than she was even 4 years ago?

If you were 13/14/15/16 bopping along to the royals era you’re literally in your early-mid 20s now lol.

Edited by Matt42

5 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I think Lorde's fans are all dudes in their late 20's who can be coaxed out of seeing her at Glasto by a Radiohead set.

I should have you know that I managed to see a decent chunk of the XX, Lorde, and made it in time for the start of Radiohead with a good spot in the crowd?

How did I do it? In a group of 4? … good wellies and determination. 

8 hours ago, Matt42 said:

I should have you know that I managed to see a decent chunk of the XX, Lorde, and made it in time for the start of Radiohead with a good spot in the crowd?

How did I do it? In a group of 4? … good wellies and determination. 

Swapping your wellies for trainers might have meant you got to see even more of her set.