Bonobo

pauladam

On 31/03/2017 at 5:26 PM, bennyhana22 said:

Right, my lovelies

I have news.

A bit of Poirot work, including sterling efforts from @Keithy has discovered that Bonobo is:

Bristol - Wed 21 June

Netherlands (Does the Rabbit Hole) - Fri 23 June

Roskilde - Sat 24 June

Meaning that, if his self-confirm is true, and if he is playing live and so not 'just' a Thursday DJ set, he'll be playing on SUNDAY!

Meaning that the Radiohead clash is dead (die, you bastard, die) and the dream of Sunday West Holts Headliner is ALIVE (live, you sweet thing, LIVE!)

:)

Ben

The music at Roskilde doesn't start til Weds 28th June, so he isn't playing there on Sat 24th. Like the Rabbit Hole listing, that's just the first day of the festival.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

55 minutes ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

The music at Roskilde doesn't start til Weds 28th June, so he isn't playing there on Sat 24th. Like the Rabbit Hole listing, that's just the first day of the festival.

I know, BSR, I know!

I've become painfully aware of making a right arse-up of my exciting proclamation and that we are, in fact, none the wiser!

:ph34r:

Ben

1 hour ago, Franky said:

Just getting into his stuff now, what his best album please ? Fully aware there will be different opinions, to help I like, prodigy, chems, faithless, massive attack, fat boy slim, Nero etc etc. 

Thanks all 

Depends which Bonobo you're looking for. 

I like him and he writes great stuff, but I'm not a huge fan of chill out music. 

As such, latest record Migration is his best by a country mile. In fact, it's truly fantastic and I CANNOT wait to see it played, booming its grooves out over the discerning West Holts massive**.

:)

Ben

**clearly is still pure speculation...!

I do love chill out music but I think I am going to be looking for something a bit more upbeat and dancy if he's going to be doing a later slot. 

I have listened to both his latest albums and Black Sands is certainly very chilled. 

2 minutes ago, Franky said:

I do love chill out music but I think I am going to be looking for something a bit more upbeat and dancy if he's going to be doing a later slot. 

I have listened to both his latest albums and Black Sands is certainly very chilled. 

Inna di rave it's not always that chilled, but yeah the more recent stuff is more club focused 

• 2 weeks later...

Playing middle of the day on the main stage at Coachella. Now I know he's a lot smaller over there so I doubt he was too arsed where he got lumped, but an interesting alternative to where he could end up rather than Friday WH headliner, although the latter would obviously be the far better option even if it does mean clashing with everybody.

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

I see Bonobo is playing 5pm main stage at Coachella.

Maybe they'll be playing the big grey box?

EDIT: OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH MAN

I remember you mentioning it as a possibility and me thinking/saying 'nah fuck that it ain't happening' but there you go - the idea of him as a WH headliner always seemed a bit off to me anyway for some reason so it'd certainly be interesting (although would open the door for an awful clash with whoever did end up on WH that night...)

I really can't imagine it working mid-afternoon on Other, but if he's doing the same at Coachella then maybe. WH headliner 3 years after subbing it felt off to me anyway (I was always predicting him for JP until the poster dropped with naff all WH headline options on it).

Would maybe open up a Friday night slot for the Hacienda Classical.

Although tbh the top end of my Other lineup is stacked.

4 minutes ago, MattDavies__ said:

No reason why he can't still headline JP tbh 

He can, there's just an abundance of names that could headline John Peel and fewer that can conceivably headline West Holts.

It's rare that they leave a stage headliner off the first poster so a main stage set would make sense at this point. Has anyone started prodding the John Peel booker for headliner names on Facebook yet? He sometimes lets a few slip.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/04/2017 at 6:21 PM, Time Being said:

Ok I am taking this Coachella set time as indicative of Glastonbury set time for no good reason other than a desperate hope that Radiohead and Bonobo do not clash. 

Bonobo -> XX -> Radiohead

A man can dream

He's not going to clash now he's at Down the Rabbit Hole on Friday. Huzzah. 

1 minute ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Which means its not him on WH on Friday - so doesn't scrap the ATCQ rumour.

If we take it that Justice are headlining WH on the Sunday night then not sure where that leaves yer man.

If they're not headlining John Peel Saturday, they must be soundtracking teatime on the big grey box or the big grey chip-cone.