2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

11 minutes ago, Gucci Piggy said:

Probably just got confusing because of us all talking about two things at once.

Basically, Twitter person said that The Cure are headlining Saturday and then later said Macca was the third headliner but has now pulled out.

Person on here heard that Glasto's Saturday headliner had pulled out.

I think Kali just doesn't want The Cure to headline for multiple reasons. 

It's like my distaste for pop shite. 

Judging by all that's gone on it sounds like Macca might be out, but The Cure are very much still on.

Edited by beau1
Edit

Maybe it is health related (Not necessarily voice) and he will pull the plug on the US dates as well. They don't tend to rush in to announcing these things - look at The Who Paris gig (Ok different circs). It may be they want to keep health news quiet and cancelling known about gigs gives the game away?

I would hope for Madonna or gaga replacememy. Going to be bloody spice girls I can see it.

8 hours ago, morph100 said:

Still got Bon Jovi, Spice Girls and Elton John having never played before and doing farewell tours around the time. Would none of these have Glastonbury on their Bucket list to play before they bow out? 

P!nk's in the UK at that time too. not saying she's headliner material and I doubt it's a farewell tour.

Just throwing it out there.

10 minutes ago, slash's hat said:

Maybe it is health related (Not necessarily voice) and he will pull the plug on the US dates as well. They don't tend to rush in to announcing these things - look at The Who Paris gig (Ok different circs). It may be they want to keep health news quiet and cancelling known about gigs gives the game away?

I would hope for Madonna or gaga replacememy. Going to be bloody spice girls I can see it.

Yeah I suppose that could be the case. If those US dates start to change then alarm bells will certainly be ringing.

I'd be surprised if they manage to get someone as huge as those two as a replacement though. Someone more pedantic than me can do the research but I seem to think replacement acts tend to be UK based and not THAT massive. Metallica are the only US replacement that come to mind and they aren't as huge as Gaga or Madonna in a Glastonbury context.

I'd personally be gutted if Macca has pulled out. I wasn't there in 04 and seeing a Beatle at Glastonbury is a dream for me. If I could see any artist headline Glastonbury, Macca would be alongside Floyd as my top pick. It would be a real shame to have that in sight and then taken away. If it's a health issue then of course that all goes away and I hope it's nothing too serious. The world is shite enough at the moment to add losing Macca on top of it. Let's hope he's fit and ready to nail G, and we're all there belting out Something next June.

21 minutes ago, TheNoise said:

P!nk's in the UK at that time too. not saying she's headliner material and I doubt it's a farewell tour.

Just throwing it out there.

Only free on Friday though and it'd mean a shitload of consecutive dates. Don't think there's any chance.

6 minutes ago, jparx said:

Yeah I suppose that could be the case. If those US dates start to change then alarm bells will certainly be ringing.

I'd be surprised if they manage to get someone as huge as those two as a replacement though. Someone more pedantic than me can do the research but I seem to think replacement acts tend to be UK based and not THAT massive. Metallica are the only US replacement that come to mind and they aren't as huge as Gaga or Madonna in a Glastonbury context.

I'd personally be gutted if Macca has pulled out. I wasn't there in 04 and seeing a Beatle at Glastonbury is a dream for me. If I could see any artist headline Glastonbury, Macca would be alongside Floyd as my top pick. It would be a real shame to have that in sight and then taken away. If it's a health issue then of course that all goes away and I hope it's nothing too serious. The world is shite enough at the moment to add losing Macca on top of it. Let's hope he's fit and ready to nail G, and we're all there belting out Something next June.

Can still see Gaga filling in tbh if possible. She'll know how good a Glasto headline slot will be for her in this little resurgence she's having.

To everyone saying that they need a big booking to "replace McCartney", remember that they're not officially replacing him - he's never been announced. Maybe they need a strong headliner to go with Stormzy and The Cure, but that's because of them, not because of losing Paul. Most of the world has no idea he's been in contention to play.

And also consider that they're not looking for a "last minute replacement" either. The festival isn't on for another 219 days!

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

To everyone saying that they need a big booking to "replace McCartney", remember that they're not officially replacing him - he's never been announced. Maybe they need a strong headliner to go with Stormzy and The Cure, but that's because of them, not because of losing Paul. Most of the world has no idea he's been in contention to play.

And also consider that they're not looking for a "last minute replacement" either. The festival isn't on for another 219 days!

Maybe the artic monkeys or the 1975

22 hours ago, Brave Sir Robin said:

Woman on Twitter says that it was gonna be Macca, but now isn’t, according to “industry type bods”:

Hmmm, interesting.

I had a bit of info on Friday which said a particular headline-sized band were approached 2 weeks ago - which i dismissed, on the basis of macca/cure.

My Macca/Cure info is fairly old now. It's not impossible it's changed, tho I wouldn't really expect Macca to be an act who'd change his mind.

But it does seem to mesh in with what someone said about Macca not doing BST, when I'd (separately) heard he'd be doing that too.

I'll have to start re-asking the questions.

Now that Stormzy is confirmed and not entirely well recieved, theres a really weird dynamic going on with the replacement possibilities, if Macca has indeed pulled out (i dont believe it bc i cant) 

But for instance... we know were not going to get kendrick. Or anything american hip hop. We also know pink, mumford, and florence have seperate dates and arent possible. 

We were going to get a fresh untested act, a weathered rock act, and a true icon. If the Icon is gone... where does that leave us. 

So this leaves very few possibilities....which makes me think we might get something that we dont predict or have been intentionally led off the scent of... cough madonna cough. The lineup seems really unbalance without Macca. 

I think I need to avoid this thread until Macca is announced. 

6 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Hmmm, interesting.

I had a bit of info on Friday which said a particular headline-sized band were approached 2 weeks ago - which i dismissed, on the basis of macca/cure.

My Macca/Cure info is fairly old now. It's not impossible it's changed, tho I wouldn't really expect Macca to be an act who'd change his mind.

But it does seem to mesh in with what someone said about Macca not doing BST, when I'd (separately) heard he'd be doing that too.

I'll have to start re-asking the questions.

Who though!?

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, MetaKate said:

Who though!?

Arctic Monkeys.

The info has come thru a route that definitely has connections, but whether or not the info is correct i can't say.

PS: to be clear, the info was they were asked, not what answer they've given (or even if they've given one, yet).

Edited by eFestivals