2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

What is the context of Emily saying about ‘a couple of blokes’? What was she asked? I haven’t managed to listen to the full interview but it seems like the answer to a question about gender split among the headliners, and I don’t know why she’d say it like that if one of the headliners was a woman.

I agree but Macca could have dropped out since then.

29 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Sure. Would be awfully quick for the news of McCartney dropping out to travel though, I think.

I agree. Emily saying its blokes was very recent wasn't it? I think folk are getting too scared and believing a random Twitterer. Not long ago a different random Twitterer who was a band manager said it was Taylor Swift, so that was the flavour of the day for this forum. I ain't believing it til @eFestivals pipes up (he's quieter on weekends I've noticed, probably has a life to lead! :D ). Also, I don't wanna believe McCartney is out!

I don't see why Macca would agree to play and then pull out, 8 months in advance, with no effect on his US tour. The only tenuous reason I could see is worries about his voice and Glastonbury being such a large, heavily broadcast event, but I don't really buy that. His voice has been fine at recent shows and no worse than the past few years. He's played numerous shows that have been broadcast over the past few months alone.

Doesn't really add up at all imo. There are a lot of different parties wanting it to happen and I don't see why he would pull out of one individual show so far in advance.

Interested to see what Neil thinks of it all!

8 minutes ago, morph100 said:

Still got Bon Jovi, Spice Girls and Elton John having never played before and doing farewell tours around the time. Would none of these have Glastonbury on their Bucket list to play before they bow out? 

Elton - Only free on the Friday which obviously Stormzy is headlining, and would mean him doing three nights in a row which he isn't doing at all on his tour. He's already got dates announced until after the 2020 festival so he's probably the best bet for that year at the moment.

Bon Jovi/Spice Girls - Highly doubt Glasto would book either to headline so it'd come down to whether they'd accept a lower slot, which is doubtful when they can just do their own stadium shows instead and earl a shit load more money.

1 hour ago, jparx said:

I don't see why Macca would agree to play and then pull out, 8 months in advance, with no effect on his US tour. The only tenuous reason I could see is worries about his voice and Glastonbury being such a large, heavily broadcast event, but I don't really buy that. His voice has been fine at recent shows and no worse than the past few years. He's played numerous shows that have been broadcast over the past few months alone.

Doesn't really add up at all imo. There are a lot of different parties wanting it to happen and I don't see why he would pull out of one individual show so far in advance.

Interested to see what Neil thinks of it all!

The voice thing doesn’t make any sense at all. He’s done broadcasted festivals in America this year and got great reviews. 

4 minutes ago, MetaKate said:

I knew there was going to be a plot twist. This is bullshit though, I hope its not true...Macca was the only one I wanted to see. 

I'm not sure I believe it...I hope its wrong, but at least its some fuel for the thread.

I’d be sad to not see Macca too 

About time I stopped missing quality headliners on JP - next year should put pay to that! 

25 minutes ago, morph100 said:

Still got Bon Jovi, Spice Girls and Elton John having never played before and doing farewell tours around the time. Would none of these have Glastonbury on their Bucket list to play before they bow out? 

Dunno if he'd still be around but could see Bon Jovi being booked for the legends slot in 2020. Dunno if he'd accept the pay cut though

Just now, kalifire said:

If this random twitter person (with any credentials whatsoever?) is correct, my personal hope is that The Cure was the Saturday headliner, to be replaced with a female pop act. 

Stormzy / Madonna or Gaga or Swift / Macca

Now that would be strong. 

The person on Twitter didn't say the Saturday headliner has pulled out. They specifically said Macca has pulled out. It's the person on here who'd heard the Saturday headliner has pulled out.

Just now, Gucci Piggy said:

The person on Twitter didn't say the Saturday headliner has pulled out. They specifically said Macca has pulled out. It's the person on here who'd heard the Saturday headliner has pulled out.

Oh, ok. I’m sure I saw that she said Saturday and had earlier said Saturday’s headliner were The Cure. Probably wrong anyway but who knows. 

1 minute ago, kalifire said:

Oh, ok. I’m sure I saw that she said Saturday and had earlier said Saturday’s headliner were The Cure. Probably wrong anyway but who knows. 

Probably just got confusing because of us all talking about two things at once.

Basically, Twitter person said that The Cure are headlining Saturday and then later said Macca was the third headliner but has now pulled out.

Person on here heard that Glasto's Saturday headliner had pulled out.