rzwodezwo

2019 Headliners

1 minute ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Where's the "it isnt a band" from?

The girl on Twitter who said he'd pulled out said the replacement isn't a band and that the person she was replying to won't like them (pretty sure he was a Macca fan so I can see her meaning it's a pop act or something).

22 hours ago, strummer77 said:

Emily said there was ‘a couple of blokes’ headlining. So pretty sure it isn’t Gaga unless Macca pulled out in the last week or so. 

Why are we taking this tweet seriously anyway?

She said that about 'next year' - one of those is next year 2019 or 2020 things again as it was right after talking about 2019 as this year

Just now, The Nal said:

Who is this girl? Do people just believe everything they read on twitter?

People thought it was interesting that she said it and then Neil adding that extra bit of info has made it More believable 

Any chance AM were being asked to do Friday headline before Stormzy was confirmed for the slot?

(Desperate for any configuration of the rumour bits that inevitably concludes Macca's still in the frame)

1 hour ago, eFestivals said:

Arctic Monkeys.

The info has come thru a route that definitely has connections, but whether or not the info is correct i can't say.

PS: to be clear, the info was they were asked, not what answer they've given (or even if they've given one, yet).

If they are asked I can't see it being a no.

1 hour ago, sisco said:

Suppose it was always going to be someone like The Arctic Monkeys if they needed to replace (I know it’s not really replacing) Macca.  

I know Glastonbury sells out but it also has that reputation of being the best festival in the world.  Throwing someone like Mumfords, Florence, Pink or whoever else to replace him would make this year seem a very week trio.

Arctic Monkeys, Bruce Springsteen... ermm I’m struggling after that who make it fairly like for like in terms of size.  So so gutted if it’s true though

Stormzy, The Cure and AM is stronger than those two with FATM...that would look pretty weak although I'd rather Florence.

57 minutes ago, Mardy said:

Metallica was a straight out genius booking. The amount of PR that Glastonbury got in places that never normally show interest, and the amount of exposure Metallica got in places that normally pay no attention to them - a phenomenally smart move by both sides

Works well when you book an act in that genre for that size...there wasn't much difference I don't think tbh between them and Muse last time.

Maybe AM are one of the 2 confirmed for 2020, Macca pulls out for whatever reason and they're then asked to do 2019 instead.. and say no

3 minutes ago, mufcok said:

Maybe AM are one of the 2 confirmed for 2020, Macca pulls out for whatever reason and they're then asked to do 2019 instead.. and say no

That would be my guess tbf.  

4 minutes ago, mufcok said:

Power play by the Monkeys there.

52 minutes ago, sisco said:

But Swift could of been and swapped her around.  Anyway, very unlikely.  

Be interesting to see who IOW announce though. 

When are IOW announcing?

1 minute ago, Hugh Jass said:

When are IOW announcing?

They normally do before Christmas.  (Although I though it was next week and have got confused with R&L)

So you’re telling me Macca pulls out so they ask AM and they so no, THEN one of either Swift or Gaga accept it? Not buying it. It’s either still Macca, an English act or they’re bumping up LG.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, LiamMcMillen said:

So you’re telling me Macca pulls out so they ask AM and they so no, THEN one of either Swift or Gaga accept it? Not buying it. It’s either still Macca, an English act or they’re bumping up LG.

Liam McMillen bump up