2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

4 minutes ago, Bobs said:

Macca at Glastonbury.

I think we all need to forget 04, and appreciate one of the rock legends returning to the field, and it'll be bloody special.

Did he not get slated at the Olympics? Peeps have always had an agenda. So many “Oh I fucking hate Paul McCartney” merchants around.

1 minute ago, Wooderson said:

Did he not get slated at the Olympics? Peeps have always had an agenda. So many “Oh I fucking hate Paul McCartney” merchants around.

Which is a shame.

I'm 26, I can't sing... full stop.

He's 76, been doing it for 58 years if not longer! He'll be 77, he's not going to sound like it's 1969, but he's still a legend, and people can't moan about Stormzy, yet slate them for Macca, what do they want? :lol:

5 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

Trust me I can give this headliner the full Jens Lehman. He divides opinion so much after all. A lightning rod for a lot of ire. Has been for decades.

The Stones are too old. Radiohead are too miserable. Coldplay are too wet. Arcade Fire are too small. Kanye's too egotistical. Adele's too reliant on ballads. The Who are not half the band they used to be. Metallica are too heavy. Foo Fighters are too MOR. Ed Sheeran' s too lightweight, etc etc.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

Trust me I can give this headliner the full Jens Lehman. He divides opinion so much after all. A lightning rod for a lot of ire. Has been for decades.

Fucks sake, i misread that as Jens Lekman. Been utterly bewildered for the last hour.

3 hours ago, Rose-Colored Boy said:

Paul McCartney added as an SR a matter of hours ago and y'all are banging on about My Bloody Valentine. Wild.

MBV are legends, and a more interesting proposition than Paul McCartney. You're acting like people are banging on about The Vaccines or something.

2 hours ago, battleborn said:

??????

You said their music is good enough to stand up on it's own and then said nothing you've heard from them sounds like music. Seems like two pretty conflicting statements?

1 hour ago, Mash011 said:

Only a band that's secretly really boring would have to play so loud that half the crowd vomit and shit themselves tbf. 

If only they had songs like Sex and Chocolate to liven their sets up like The 1975.

50 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

The Stones are too old. Radiohead are too miserable. Coldplay are too wet. Arcade Fire are too small. Kanye's too egotistical. Adele's too reliant on ballads. The Who are not half the band they used to be. Metallica are too heavy. Foo Fighters are too MOR. Ed Sheeran' s too lightweight, etc etc.

U2 were too wet

1 hour ago, Wooderson said:

This thread indicates prospect of a lose-lose for Macca. Truckload of shoulder shruggers who can’t wait to post how shit it is after 20 mins as they amble away to see c**ty O’Bscure. Rest of us will say “wasn’t as good as ‘04.”

I wasn't there in '04, saw him once in Manchester in 2003 and he was great. Seeing my favourite Beatle at the big G is a dream come true (I love you, ticket Gods, I really really do, please be nice) and I'll be down front loving it

24 minutes ago, MEGABOWL said:

I wasn't there in '04, saw him once in Manchester in 2003 and he was great. Seeing my favourite Beatle at the big G is a dream come true (I love you, ticket Gods, I really really do, please be nice) and I'll be down front loving it

Did you not go to Glasters in 04 mate

12 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

The only one of the “big” artists that played in the past 15 years I’d have back would be Springsteen, cuz he made a hames of his set. Macca’s, like Stevie and Neil and the Stones should be a one-off. 

While Muse, Coldplay and the Arctic Monkeys can show up whenever they want?

1 hour ago, Gucci Piggy said:

MBV are legends, and a more interesting proposition than Paul McCartney. You're acting like people are banging on about The Vaccines or something.

You said their music is good enough to stand up on it's own and then said nothing you've heard from them sounds like music. Seems like two pretty conflicting statements?

If only they had songs like Sex and Chocolate to liven their sets up like The 1975.

MBV were utter dirge who were hyped up by the NME and Melody Maker in response to them missing out totally on the emergence of acid house and the rave scene. Plus they needed their own next big thing after Madchester had the audacity to spring up without the weeklies permission.  They stuck the boot in on Madchester are promoted shite like MBV and the shoe gazing scene.

MBV are the epitome of pretentious noodling. 

21 minutes ago, eastynh said:

MBV were utter dirge who were hyped up by the NME and Melody Maker in response to them missing out totally on the emergence of acid house and the rave scene. Plus they needed their own next big thing after Madchester had the audacity to spring up without the weeklies permission.  They stuck the boot in on Madchester are promoted shite like MBV and the shoe gazing scene.

MBV are the epitome of pretentious noodling. 

Which one of them shagged your missus?

• Upvote 1