2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

5 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

I like the Arctic Monkeys, but let's be honest, anybody who classes them as anything more than pretty decent does not have very broad horizons.

Not quite sure how you've come to such a ridiculous conclusion haha. What do you class as broad horizons? I'm an enormous fan of Elton John, Bicep, Gaga, Pink, The music of Oliver Twist, ELO, Green Day, Prodigy, Dusty Springfield, and Arctics are one of my favourite bands of all time... were you thinking it'd be limited to Kasabian and Oasis?

Edited by Stokesy10
  • Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Fake Tales of San Francisco is a cracking wee number but they take to the stage with all the enthusiasm of a hungover toilet cleaner who's just been told he's got a pay cut.

The bloke was spinning around on an office chair to certain songs a few weeks back and having whale of a time! To be honest, I go to gigs to listen to music. It's like when people criticised Noel in Belgium for "not talking to the crowd enough" - My word, haha!

Fake Tales is great, yes. They've had the bollox (and success) to change their styles and reinvent themselves over 6 albums which is more impressive. 

Edited by Stokesy10

1 hour ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

My cousin's wife makes dresses out of meat and has had a high priority order placed by a confidential client for delivery in late June of next year.  

Somebody beat me to the Morrissey quip?

45 minutes ago, mufcok said:

That's the best thing about music though isn't it, opinions? It would be pretty boring if we all just liked exactly the same stuff.. 

I'm flying 11 hours on Thursday to watch AM in America. If Mumford were playing outside my house, I'd pull the curtains on. Opinions...

No mate, you would all be cool as fuck if you liked New Order and Depeche Mode.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, eastynh said:

Somebody beat me to the Morrissey quip?

No mate, you would all be cool as fuck if you liked New Order and Depeche Mode.

Haha. What's that new New Order documentary like? Gonna try watch it this week. Went to two of those Granada Studios gigs, they were excellent 

36 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Arctic Monkeys have got a handful of OK songs but a live reputation roughly equivalent to Dumpy's Rusty Nuts.

Could it be that despite not cutting it on record that Mumfords actually perform with some enthusiasm?

I Bet You Look Good On Me Hog

• Upvote 1

I'd love it to be Macca,

But Stormzy, Macca and The Cure? 6 out of 6 male headliners two festivals in a row? Glasto is too "woke" (zzz) for that surely?

Stormzy - has he even sold out the O2 yet? Seems premature. The Cure is a good shout. I would have said Metallica based on their schedule but it seems too soon. Lars absolutely loves Glasto though and was there last year filming Bradley Cooper for A Star Is Born.

Eagles seems up Eavis' street - Billy Joel ruled out as Wembley is only UK performance. I hope Stormzy headlines Sunday night if it's him - so I can drive home early.  

12 minutes ago, RaphPH said:

I'd love it to be Macca,

But Stormzy, Macca and The Cure? 6 out of 6 male headliners two festivals in a row? Glasto is too "woke" (zzz) for that surely?

Stormzy - has he even sold out the O2 yet? Seems premature. The Cure is a good shout. I would have said Metallica based on their schedule but it seems too soon. Lars absolutely loves Glasto though and was there last year filming Bradley Cooper for A Star Is Born.

Eagles seems up Eavis' street - Billy Joel ruled out as Wembley is only UK performance. I hope Stormzy headlines Sunday night if it's him - so I can drive home early.  

He's basically a slightly better, more mature Dizzee Rascal... ? Blatantly not headlining Pyramid.

If he does, fair enough, I'm all for something different. Plenty of other places to be!

Edited by Stokesy10

12 minutes ago, Tommy Dickfingers said:

If Arctic Monkeys are a band live band can I have an example of a good contemporary one? 

58 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

I like the Arctic Monkeys, but let's be honest, anybody who classes them as anything more than pretty decent does not have very broad horizons.