2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

1 minute ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Somewhere I heard Emily say that they were hoping to release the line up earlier than usual this year...

I assumed thats cos the big 3 must have been signed

That was a misunderstanding based on something she said in the interview with Lauren Laverne wasn’t it?

Remember some people thinking she’d said it’d be early but listening back she hadn’t?

Cure Info summary:

Initial rumour came from someone who had talked to their bassist's daughter. The daughter had claimed the band were headlining/playing Glastonbury.

Neil then chased this up and one of his reliable sources said that The Cure were headlining Glastonbury.

The Cure then announced 20 European Headlining festivals/shows for 2019.

Cure's dates also suggest they will be playing/headlining Glastonbury as they have a gap in their tour on the Saturday and Sunday. They currently have no 'proper' UK festival show, they are playing glasgow summer sessions but that is more a one-off gig, like BST.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, beau1 said:

Cure Info summary:

Neil then chased this up and one of his reliable sources said that The Cure were headlining Glastonbury.

Nicely done.

Tho I didn't chase anything up, a call came from a regular contact who has contacts, with the info that they were playing. He followed that up with a further call about 2 months later re-confirming that it was definitely happening (he'd been told it again from the same contact).

His contact is reputed to be someone 'close the band' (I know who). It should be right, but sometimes this stuff isn't.

Edited by eFestivals

5 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

It should be right, but sometimes this stuff isn't.

Is it this part that stops them from being "TBC" then? How far away are we from that stage. I only ask as I'm hoping it's not them though however I don't want a clash with the chemical brothers. 

37 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

More for the 2020 thread (for which there used to be two and now there’s none, btw) but I’m reading on another board about Mad Cool bookers talking (nothing conclusive ofc) about a potential future R.E.M reunion. There was a Lollapalooza chief talking about that a year or two ago also. cmonnn

Let's not start raising people's hopes with talk of REM reunions, they've always struck me as a band who wouldn't do one. Stipe and co don't seem to be motivated by the money and they parted amicably so there's no real "unfinished business".

Don't get me wrong, if they did come back I'd be there with bells on.

1 minute ago, Hugh Jass said:

Let's not start raising people's hopes with talk of REM reunions, they've always struck me as a band who wouldn't do one. Stipe and co don't seem to be motivated by the money and they parted amicably so there's no real "unfinished business".

Don't get me wrong, if they did come back I'd be there with bells on.

There was the odd rumour last year but then I read an interview with Peter Buck who made it perfectly clear it would never happen. Still....

Probably one for Stage Predictions but oh well, still going for this (Pyramid vs Other)

Stormzy / Elbow

Gaga / Chem Bros

The Cure / The Streets

Still trust info on Wolf Alice turning it down is still accurate due to them having a break, but at the time I was told they might do a few random to test new stuff, like they did with Euro last year (Benicassim springs to mind)… think they will wait for LP3 for Glastonbury 2020.

2 minutes ago, henry bear said:

There was the odd rumour last year but then I read an interview with Peter Buck who made it perfectly clear it would never happen. Still....

Yeah they've always been pretty adamant that they would never do it, but I suppose things change, bills pile up, etc...

Be interesting to see what sort of reaction they get if they reformed, they were looking very much a spent force by the end (although I maintain Collapse Into Now was great) - gigs not selling out, venues being downgraded...  If they came back now the reunion hype could probably land them a headline slot at BST. 

3 minutes ago, CJTM said:

Probably one for Stage Predictions but oh well, still going for this (Pyramid vs Other)

Stormzy / Elbow

Gaga / Chem Bros

The Cure / The Streets

Still trust info on Wolf Alice turning it down is still accurate due to them having a break, but at the time I was told they might do a few random to test new stuff, like they did with Euro last year (Benicassim springs to mind)… think they will wait for LP3 for Glastonbury 2020.

I could get on board with this.

4 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Be interesting to see what sort of reaction they get if they reformed, they were looking very much a spent force by the end (although I maintain Collapse Into Now was great) - gigs not selling out, venues being downgraded...  If they came back now the reunion hype could probably land them a headline slot at BST. 

It would yeah. I guess the longer they leave it, the more legendary they’d become and thoughts of those last few years would ebb away. I don’t think they’d reach the heights again though, for all their success in the 1990’s, they don’t seem particularly influential, or a name to drop for younger people. Would love the chance to see them again, always brilliant live.

Just now, JoeyT said:

I could get on board with this.

Would probably do something else Friday night, like 2015 after Dave's leg it free'd it up.

I wanted to see Christy Moore on Acoustic Stage as something different, but none of my 20-30 strong group were bothered… ended up getting slaughtered at Libertines and seeing Enter Shikari in JPT… some fella outside the tent gave me his Cookie Monster helmet from a suit and I ran into the pit.

The lack of holes for eyes was brutal.

Gaga Saturday Pyramid & The Streets Sunday Other for me, can I get an amen.

51513542_328796098054127_5063121535464636416_n.jpg

12 minutes ago, CJTM said:

Wolf Alice are headlining Truck festival end of July so they are about this summer. But yeah, it could be a one off.

1 minute ago, nikkic said:

I think I probably missed this info, so apologies, but what was the actual reason for Macca pulling out? 

Do we know? And is there any info pointing towards him being there next year instead? 

Announced show(s) in Vegas weekend of Glastonbury 

11 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

Yeah they've always been pretty adamant that they would never do it, but I suppose things change, bills pile up, etc...

Bookers with money are chasing them. They clearly all like each other still, like performing still, etc. I initially thought they were a case of finally being done with music after a long career but I’m convinced it’s only a matter of time until they do shows again with all the interest in reuniting them. You don’t really hear bookers speak about trying to reunite many other bands anymore.

I think they’d do stadia if they returned. Looking at the types that are doing them now, R.E.M on a reunion could easily do that yeah. And I think they’d be happy to play Glastonbury again (if the promoters let them).

Can't see REM doing it - Stipe always sounds pretty adamant on the subject and it always felt they all have a bit more integrity than most, with regards to both their success and failures.

They'd still do stadiums - Accelerate tour was in Twickenham. (Having said that, I'm not sure it sold out, and I'm sure the Millenium Stadium was only half the stadium in around 05 ish tour).

4 minutes ago, Yokel Again said:

Can't see REM doing it - Stipe always sounds pretty adamant on the subject and it always felt they all have a bit more integrity than most, with regards to both their success and failures.

They'd still do stadiums - Accelerate tour was in Twickenham. (Having said that, I'm not sure it sold out, and I'm sure the Millenium Stadium was only half the stadium in around 05 ish tour).

Wasn't their last gig in Cardiff downgraded from the Milennium to the Cardiff City one?