2019 Headliners

rzwodezwo

17 minutes ago, Homer said:

Just wondering: does anyone think Garth Brooks could be a potential headliner?

On the basis of him wearing his silly trouser harness and swinging over the crowd while waving his cowboy hat in homage to the end of Dr Strangelove, absolutely.

Beyond stupid mental images that make me laugh and get me through the day, no.

Edited by Quark

6 minutes ago, beau1 said:

The Cure have been announced to play Glasgow Sessions in August which pretty much rules them out for TRNSMIT (if they weren't already).

I reckon we will hear about them playing Glastonbury if/when the Glasgow show sells out?

The fact it's GSS and not TRNSMT tells you a lot about what they reckon they can sell.

1 minute ago, thewayiam said:

The fact it's GSS and not TRNSMT tells you a lot about what they reckon they can sell.

Wouldn’t you have thought the fact people have missed on Glasto would help ticket sales, don’t see why it should hold it back. They are selling it on the last time they headlined was ages ago so I’d doubt it would matter too much.

10 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

Wouldn't be surprised if it is down to creative control. GSS seems to have let Smith pick some of the bands, much like BST did. I'm sure it is no coincidence that the other two announced bands are former Cure support bands and are both Scottish. Not sure TRNSMT would allow give up that control.

43 minutes ago, beau1 said:

The Cure have been announced to play Glasgow Sessions in August which pretty much rules them out for TRNSMIT (if they weren't already).

I reckon we will hear about them playing Glastonbury if/when the Glasgow show sells out?

They could do reading and Leeds 

12 minutes ago, jj200 said:

They could do reading and Leeds 

I don’t get you jj, through being on the threads surely you pick up something but most posts have no common sense. The Cure aren’t going to appeal to people who to RandL and you don’t seem to use information we get to use yourself. You don’t pick up anything that is said.

Please use the replies you get to absorb information and at least say things that could be realistic.

If they headline I apologise and will give you a tenner.