Biffy Clyro

Franky

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

If this happened I think it'll be left off of the 1st poster and potentially 2nd and a TBA guest put on with Download needing to be over before it happens.

Furthermore I don't think they will play before FF but more likely before Radiohead or Ed.

Considering they've supported them before and appeal to a similar crowd it makes a lot more sense for them to play before FF.

But I guess Glastonbury doesn't always make sense.

6 minutes ago, thewayiam said:

If this happened I think it'll be left off of the 1st poster and potentially 2nd and a TBA guest put on with Download needing to be over before it happens.

Furthermore I don't think they will play before FF but more likely before Radiohead or Ed.

Were they down as an exclusive for Download?  If not, they're also playing TRNSMT in Glasgow, so would Download be hugely troubled if Biffy were announced for Glasto too?

(Not that I care, I won't be anywhere near wherever Biffy play anyway...)

They're on record as seeing themselves as headliners, albeit hopefully the status of the below hasn't changed.

Biffy Clyro have revealed that they can see themselves headlining Glastonbury in the future, as well as speaking out about the ‘challenge’ of Download.

The band have headlined the likes of Reading & Leeds, Sonisphere, T In The Park and Isle Of Wight Festival in the past – but never Glastonbury.

“I definitely think we could do it. It’s something we would love to do,” frontman Simon Neil told us at the Nikon Presents VO5 NME Awards 2017 nominations party. “It would be the biggest box ticked ever – but we’re not headlining it this year…”

http://www.nme.com/news/music/biffy-clyro-chances-headlining-glastonbury-challenge-download-1961421

4 minutes ago, merago said:

Were they down as an exclusive for Download?  If not, they're also playing TRNSMT in Glasgow, so would Download be hugely troubled if Biffy were announced for Glasto too?

Nope not down as any sort of exclusive, not even a random English festival exclusive

5 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

As much as I dislike Biffy it would be quite amusing if Glastonbury ended up sharing 2/3s of the much maligned TRNSMT headliner line up. 

Having Radiohead and Biffy as a sub wouldn't be horrific though would it?

Radiohead, The XX

Foos, Biffy

Ed Sheeran, The Weekend

45 minutes ago, sisco said:

Nope not down as any sort of exclusive, not even a random English festival exclusive

50 minutes ago, merago said:

dont download normally not bother announcing their exclusives. other than aeorsmith's only show of 2017 none of the names in the first batch (biffy, soad, five finger death punch etc.) were named as exclusives though i highly doubt most of them will appear anywhere else 

6 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

We'd be all like "Come on out, Biffy Clyro, and entertain us!" and he'd be there in the scud bellowing about bruises and broken fairytales.

Don't they do that one where they bellow on about being both a huge body of water and a collosal land mass at the same time?

29 minutes ago, Thunderstruck said:

Don't get the hate for Biffy?! Great band - probably not as a headliner but a great booking if it's happening!

My feelings are more of ambivalence than hatred. They're in my imaginary file of acts that are popular but I can't understand why, but my opinion aside they are hugely popular so if booked as a sub to Foo Fighters it would be another strong booking for the festival in addition to what's been already announced, falling into line with what Emily said about two years' worth of music this year