Wristbands for sale from 2008 2009 2010 2011

scudetto_boy

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, mjsell said:

This thread has done the unthinkable and acheived something :D Proud of you all. 

Out of the darkness cometh light.

Maybe we should turn this thread into one where if anyone has any spare memorabilia they don't want they could offer it to those that do? Wristbands, guides, tote bags, etc...

8 hours ago, SPTFRE said:

If anyone has a spare 2008 wristband and/or guide they don't need, it's the only one I'm missing from my set, it would be gratefully received. Happy to donate a tenner to WaterAid/Oxfam to compensate

If @Ommadawn can't find their one, then if either of you let me know I'll have a look in the loft and I'll see if I've still got my one, dude. 

I cant find my 1979/1981/1982 ones as they are stuck in a shed { that is covered in brambles } but I came across these - and the other 23 are Crew wrist bands. { most are locked away in the shed }

Looking back the old ones must have been dead easy to counterfeit although I cant recall when they switched from plastic to woven

Can anyone recall which year they ditched plastic ?

wrist-003.jpg

7 hours ago, glasto-worker said:

Looking back the old ones must have been dead easy to counterfeit although I cant recall when they switched from plastic to woven

I suppose that when people were just climbing the fence to get in, there wasn't much point in putting the effort into counterfeiting them.

40 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

I suppose that when people were just climbing the fence to get in, there wasn't much point in putting the effort into counterfeiting them.

As I recall, through much of the 80's there wasn't much of a fence anyway, and if you walked around far enough it was just a question of getting over/through a hedgerow. In 1999 I don't think there were wristbands - you got your hand stamped, leading to enterprising people outside doing a roaring trade in counterfeit stamps. Not sure how long this went on before they re-introduced wristbands?