Self Confirmed 2017

the wonderwhy

3 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Indeed - far better to enthusiastically endorse something sight unseen.

Will admit to being a tad confused; there may be some subcontext I'm missing here... or not... whatever.

FJM comments in this thread do raise an interesting* topic though which is does the personality of a band/artist influence/put people off their music; I say this as someone who was totally ignorant that FJM was a divisive individual.

* I may be being fast and loose with my definition of interesting*

7 hours ago, Mardy said:

Each to their own etc etc, but bloody hell, FJM really fucking annoys me. Everything. Him, his music, his interviews, and if i got close enough, probly his aftershave too.

i mean, good booking and that, but damn.

Agree 100%. His music isn't nearly good enough to justify his bullshit

To people who say it's just an act, that doesn't explain complete dick moves like this http://consequenceofsound.net/2016/07/father-john-misty-went-full-troll-mode-for-his-set-at-philadelphias-xpn-festival/

10 hours ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Just cos you have to change the belt on your turntable you miserable c**t. 

That is enough reason to hate somebody though. Put the record on, sit down and get comfy and then this weird sound comes out of the speaker. If you do decide to change the belt, I normally put a different record on, but if you do change the belt you always forget to change it back so if you go to listen to a record 2 days later it's the wrong speed again so FJM annoys you twice. 

1 minute ago, Fred Zepplin said:

That is enough reason to hate somebody though. Put the record on, sit down and get comfy and then this weird sound comes out of the speaker. If you do decide to change the belt, I normally put a different record on, but if you do change the belt you always forget to change it back so if you go to listen to a record 2 days later it's the wrong speed again so FJM annoys you twice. 

Preach it, brother. 

9 hours ago, ShakeyCrash said:

Will admit to being a tad confused; there may be some subcontext I'm missing here... or not... whatever.

FJM comments in this thread do raise an interesting* topic though which is does the personality of a band/artist influence/put people off their music; I say this as someone who was totally ignorant that FJM was a divisive individual.

* I may be being fast and loose with my definition of interesting*

In this case it wasnt the personality of the Paterfamilias that was contentious but his jams, or lack thereof - principally a 15 minute long piece of shapeless acoustic navel gazing that seemed to bore the arse off most of the room.

On zaterdag 25 maart 2017 at 2:18 PM, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Poor show. You could always try firing a proton torpedo at Sprinty Dave's reactor core.

I know it's off-topic, 2 days late, utter nerdness and nobody cares, but I need to point out that Amy's comment here,  directed at SwedgeAntilles, was obviously referencing Star Wars and the destruction of the Death Star. So yes, proton torpedo is correct. Photon torpedoes, quantum torpedoes and other such nonsense are from a completely different universe.

11 minutes ago, marcoolio said:

Reading the article, it definitely doesn't. They want to play but haven't (at time of writing) been approached

Just now, evannn said:

Reading the article, it definitely doesn't. They want to play but haven't (at time of writing) been approached

Well if I was an argumentative sort, I'd point out that they have already played (albeit unauthorized), so it's a self-confirm after the fact.

9 minutes ago, eastynh said:

Hooky liked my tweet when I asked if hacienda classical will be at Glastonbury. Reckon it is nailed on with them being in Bristol same weekend.

Almost certain, pretty sure everyone that plays Harbourside in Bristol is on the Glasto bill usually. 

19 minutes ago, eastynh said:

The interesting bit is which guests wpuld they have with them. If its Shaun Ryder then would 1 of his bands also play??

I like the one where Shaun looks like he doesn't have a scoobydoo what's going on.

Edited by Quark