Self Confirmed 2017

the wonderwhy

47 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

The everything must go full album shows was the last nail in the coffin for me. 

This reissue is it being well and truly hammered in tight. 

Will still probably see them if they play mind. 

I could understand the reissues of The Holy Bible and EMG, but I absolutely agree that this is a step way too far bringing this one out again too, it's hardly their most memorable album. 

Very much looking forward to them though :), Friday Other opener slot? 

3 minutes ago, pantu the dog said:

I could understand the reissues of The Holy Bible and EMG, but I absolutely agree that this is a step way too far bringing this one out again too, it's hardly their most memorable album. 

Very much looking forward to them though :), Friday Other opener slot? 

It's a pretty ugly path to go down. Three reissues since the last album is practically giving up music; although SATT isn't a tour though, right?

Other opener would be about right. If not opening then middle of the day on the same stage. Can't imagine them playing another stage at this point.

30 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

It's a pretty ugly path to go down. Three reissues since the last album is practically giving up music; although SATT isn't a tour though, right?

Other opener would be about right. If not opening then middle of the day on the same stage. Can't imagine them playing another stage at this point.

As far as I'm aware they're not touring it. I really hope they open the other stage, I've not been particularly fussed about that slot the last few years but they'd really blast the Friday morning cobwebs off :lol:

23 minutes ago, briddj said:

While I agree it's overkill, a lot of fans do seem to have a great affection for SATT. After the bands announced yesterday, I think they would only open the Other Stage now on the Friday.

I'm just not sure they are that low down yet but I can't see mid Other either, they haven't dropped down 2 places since last time and that would be ridiculously strong! Are we sure that songkick would know?, although it's pretty silly to add those words in if not, this feels like a 2014 year where they seemingly had everybody that year.

17 hours ago, GrowlerPhil said:

According to Song Kick and the band's website Crinkle Cuts are playing....I'm none the wiser but it's my first find and I'm pretty chuffed with that. 

I know these guys! They'll be bloody good fun if they're anything like they were when I was at a flat party with them in 2012. Funky stuff.

Edited by fat_man_joe

1 hour ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

If the Manics are playing, and were left off the poster, it feels a bit Other-Openery 

Not really, Craig David is the only one from Bristol Sounds to have made it and Bonobo isn't on there yet either, tickets to sell. Maybe Hacienda are the one's to not play if it's thought we'll only get 3 of them.

I'd love the Manics, The Coral and The Kooks just for old fun to open Friday Other.

2 hours ago, thewayiam said:

I'm just not sure they are that low down yet but I can't see mid Other either, they haven't dropped down 2 places since last time and that would be ridiculously strong! Are we sure that songkick would know?, although it's pretty silly to add those words in if not, this feels like a 2014 year where they seemingly had everybody that year.

Yeah, I'm not convinced it isn't an error.

I don't think opening the Other on the Friday should be considered dropping down though - it's not like you are first on by your standing, it's now always a bigger band than the slot will demand on a Saturday or Sunday.

But we haven't had many suggestions as the Friday opener.

2 hours ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

If the Manics are playing, and were left off the poster, it feels a bit Other-Openery 

I agree, but their big show in Bristol went on sale on Friday so would be another reason for them to be left off.

Edited by briddj

23 minutes ago, briddj said:

Yeah, I'm not convinced it isn't an error.

I don't think opening the Other on the Friday should be considered dropping down though - it's not like you are first on by your standing, it's now always a bigger band than the slot will demand on a Saturday or Sunday.

But we haven't had many suggestions as the Friday opener.

I think it is a bit, I couldn't see James, Kaiser Chiefs at all at that time or Beady Eye headlining Victorious for example, I know Noel did but his day showed throughout why that was too high a booking and the fact he played a smaller set too.

I think there is a difference between playing 3rd down Other/JP headliner if you like and opening up. Manics at 3rd down that year was also a very strong year for the fest as well.