Worthy View, Tipis & CV Fields Sale

Avalon_Fields

• Replies 940
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 10/19/2016 at 0:14 PM, Smeble said:

Even where there was metal track they weren't using them, the tractors towing people into E17 through E16 completely ignored the metal track and towed people through the mud resulting in a 2 foot deep, tractor width wide trench completely cutting E16 in half meaning come Monday half the field couldn't get to the metal track to get out. 

I think the biggest mistake on the Tuesday was delaying the opening until 6pm, all it did was cause traffic chaos on the roads outside the festival, the fields weren't going to improve and from what I could see they weren't actually doing anything to them. 

If they were going to delay opening all early arrivals should have been sent to a holding area at the bath and west.

Completely agree with this, GFL didn't do themselves any favour's with the way they managed the situation this year. They could have done a lot better. Hopefully they will have learnt quite a bit and the next time it happens (10 - 15 years time of course) things will be much improved. 

The test of most festivals is how they cope with bad weather.  I did the IoW once after torrential rain and it was chaos.  The site was so muddy that they were towing vehicles in and then wrecking them afterwards with the tow out. They had the volunteer 4x4 club cowboys.  If you do get stuck in such a situation hold on for proper tractor drivers, who at least have a bit more of an idea about what they are doing.

In fairness, didn't GFL get caught out because a lot of the tracking they were planing to use was still stuck in the mud after the previous week's Download or some other fest?

We were lucky as my caravan towcar is an ageing Audi A6 Quattro Allroad and we managed to drive in and out under our own steam.  The vehicles with the biggest problems were the motorhomes, which tend to be front wheel drive and with crap traction.

On 10/18/2016 at 5:42 PM, Nice hymer said:

The introduction of specific family tickets too...

For 2017 you will have the option of booking from a number of different campervan/caravan ticket types:

West Campervan (pitch up to 8m x 7m, for one vehicle up to 8m in length – £100)
East Campervan (pitch up to 8m x 7m, for one vehicle up to 8m in length – £100)
East Campervan Family Pitch (pitch up to 8m x 7m, for one vehicle up to 8m in length, in the family section of the campervan fields – £100)
Bath & West Regular Campervan Pitch (pitch up to 8m x 7m, for one vehicle up to 8m in length located at the Bath & West Showground, with a 24 hour free shuttle bus service to the Festival site – £100)
Bath & West Large Campervan Pitch (pitch up to 16m x 7m, for vehicles over 8m in length, at the Bath & West Showground, with a 24 hour free shuttle bus service to the Festival site – £200)

Couldn't see any further info on the thread about which field(s) in the East will be used for the Family pitch - I have emailed GFL to see if they will specify -  i will post any reply incase any one else is interested

8 minutes ago, The other Bellboy said:

Couldn't see any further info on the thread about which field(s) in the East will be used for the Family pitch - I have emailed GFL to see if they will specify -  i will post any reply incase any one else is interested

I'm definitely interested to know where they are putting Family vs Standard as I'd like to be as close to the hill of death as possible and as I have the kids with me it'll mean I get a choice of either ticket. I'd camp in normal if it meant we were closer to the hill.

17 hours ago, CircuitWizard said:

I'm definitely interested to know where they are putting Family vs Standard as I'd like to be as close to the hill of death as possible and as I have the kids with me it'll mean I get a choice of either ticket. I'd camp in normal if it meant we were closer to the hill.

E22, E23 and E24 will be the family camping areas

20 minutes ago, The other Bellboy said:

E22, E23 and E24 will be the family camping areas

is this confirmed? Because there is no E22 anymore, and I would have thought E19, E20 and E25 would also be family -- they are usually

Edited by 5co77ie

18 minutes ago, Nice hymer said:

I can't imagine the system working very well...

If family camping is closer to h.o.d and therefore the enrtrance, surely everyone will be trying to get family tickets ?

Hopefully it'll be an improvement but my expectations aren't high...

I won;t be - same as we never say we want family cv fields when we arrive either. I wouldn;t take a place from a family when I am physically, if not mentally able to walk that extra distance.

Its really no different, but does stop the 'which field do you want' conversations on arrival

Does the full balance need paid on Thursday when booking WV accommodation? And did I read further up this feed that they only accept debit cards not credit? 

Also what is there more of, 2 person belle pads or 2 person yurts? Just trying to figure out what's got the best odds when trying to book?