Who's Touring Around Glastonbury 2017?

Gnomicide

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

39 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Couple of act I'd take (get The Roots on the Pyramid on the Friday!) but nothing mind blowing there. Liam Gallagher's gotta be a good bet for a John Peel headliner

Just had a quick shifty at setlist.com and there's nothing there yet for Liam's solo efforts, take it he's not actually played any shows yet? Would be interesting to see what he goes with.

Just now, SwedgeAntilles said:

Just had a quick shifty at setlist.com and there's nothing there yet for Liam's solo efforts, take it he's not actually played any shows yet? Would be interesting to see what he goes with.

Nope not played any shows and not released any material, although I'm sure he'll have to do the latter before the former so expect that to come soon-ish. Probably would've gone to see him if he was anywhere other than headlining a stage, out of pure curiosity at how he's gonna croak through an entire set or if he's actually managed to get his voice back

21 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Nope not played any shows and not released any material, although I'm sure he'll have to do the latter before the former so expect that to come soon-ish. Probably would've gone to see him if he was anywhere other than headlining a stage, out of pure curiosity at how he's gonna croak through an entire set or if he's actually managed to get his voice back

Just saw this actually, given both are about/rumoured this is the sort of thing I could see headlining the JP;

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/whats-on/music-nightlife-news/liam-gallagher-gig-norway-ashcroft-12464579

2 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Just saw this actually, given both are about/rumoured this is the sort of thing I could see headlining the JP;

http://www.manchestereveningnews.co.uk/whats-on/music-nightlife-news/liam-gallagher-gig-norway-ashcroft-12464579

I imagine that would be a very busy JP tent if it were to happen regardless of who they went up against

Liam will release his first single in March, and album will follow 3 weeks later. Official announcement early February. Richard Ashcroft plays on his album (no idea what though). 

I read an interview with Liam recently where he said he would be playing a good number of Oasis songs. He mentioned rehearsing quite a few of the songs, so he can mix the setlist up, rather than play the same setlist all of the time. Also said he will be playing stuff that Oasis didn't play very often, including songs from Be Here Now. It would be nice if he sticks to this, Noel's setlists are predictably boring.

I am not expecting much from the album to be honest, but I have more interest than Noel's next album at the minute.  

I'd like to see Lana on the bill, but yeah other than the previously mentioned that Lolla lineup isn't mega exciting. 

Kinda gutted that Pixies are doing it as I really fancied going back to We Love Green in Paris which was a lovely festival (despite most of the city being underwater at the time) & had LCD/PJ Harvey last year - thought they'd be a good shout for that. Ah well. 

1 hour ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

No chance, Liam solo yes but both of them would have to be on Other at least.

1 hour ago, Alan_C said:

Liam will release his first single in March, and album will follow 3 weeks later. Official announcement early February. Richard Ashcroft plays on his album (no idea what though). 

I read an interview with Liam recently where he said he would be playing a good number of Oasis songs. He mentioned rehearsing quite a few of the songs, so he can mix the setlist up, rather than play the same setlist all of the time. Also said he will be playing stuff that Oasis didn't play very often, including songs from Be Here Now. It would be nice if he sticks to this, Noel's setlists are predictably boring.

I am not expecting much from the album to be honest, but I have more interest than Noel's next album at the minute.  

Noel only probably has one more album in him solo.

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

I struggle to think where Lana would fit after already playing so high up so recently. Other sub maybe, but even that doesn't feel right

She really isn't that big in England to be fair, Other sub would be fine.

1 hour ago, Alan_C said:

Im not interested in Liam as his voice is shot, but.... if he did a few tunes Ive never heard live, I would be.

I bet he'd do "Its getting better man". Cos A  Its shit. And B, I bet he likes it.

Id rather him do - Hey Now & Rockin Chair 

Edited by FuzzyDunlop

3 hours ago, HoTWire said:

Bonanza Festival in Utah is the same weekend as Glastonbury, this is line up :

slide-lineup.jpg

No return trip from Bob Moses (who has a TERRIBLE slot last year and deserved better), and no first visit from the brilliant Kiev.

Not that it was ever likely but Lauryn Hill would have been fucking cool

10 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Or a forum which is usually quite progressive descending to TrueLAD levels and yukking it up at the video every time Jamiroquai's mentioned.

Don't even front; everybody loves an underdog turning the tables on a bully, it's one of the most gratifying videos ever.

19 minutes ago, GETOFFAMYLAWN said:

Don't even front; everybody loves an underdog turning the tables on a bully, it's one of the most gratifying videos ever.

A paparazzi who waits outside a bar for someone, thrusts a camera in their face and attacks their car claims justice for a drunk Jay Kay talking to him like a dickhead by smashing his head into the man's face... What a gratifying tale. What better gratification can you get than physically assaulting someone?

I think Liam written some great tracks born on a different cloud, songbird, im outta time, boy with the blues.. songs like columbia, bring it on down etc he should manage to sing, more doubts in rockin chair, listen up and whatever. hope he have a good ear for what'll work, or at least management with some balls tell him, slide away from 2009 was just dreadful. would definitely watch him, as long as he isn't up against radiohead 

Edited by Ovechkin