Who's Touring Around Glastonbury 2017?

Gnomicide

• Replies 7.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Elbow seem to be getting plenty of airplay on Radios 6 (A list) and 2 (B list), I assume Radio 1 don't play them anymore?

Hard to judge standing till the album comes out, but the spring tour has essentially sold out suggesting still pretty popular. They certainly couldn't play above the sub slot in any case, but I'd say the can still expect to carry it off and it would be popular. It is a little bit odd to 'own' the slot, but it doesn't stop Coldplay and the headline slot. Equally, I don't reckon Elbow would mind dropping down a level either, certainly Guy was quite happy in an afternoon Park slot last year.

I would love Jamiroquai to play!! Would go down a storm I reckon, but would west holts headliner be too small for them? Other headliner maybe?

They might have come into the mix too late and if everything is already booked there may be no slot for them :(

They might appreciate the coverage given new album and reform etc? Then big arena tour later in the year for the cash.

2 hours ago, Smeble said:

I don't know what's worse, jay Kay being jay Kay, the pap thinking it's ok to head butt someone or the sad z listers on the program commenting about it.

Or a forum which is usually quite progressive descending to TrueLAD levels and yukking it up at the video every time Jamiroquai's mentioned.

2 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Get. Em. Booked. Although with all the possible stage headliners floating about it's looking like every single night is gonna be clash central (or none of them are booked and it'll be just fine)

Aye despite pushing them as a WH headliner for years now, I just couldn't imagine missing an act I properly like to party with Jamiroquai so maybe a daytime Pyramid slot would be cool, around where Madness played this year.

46 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Aye despite pushing them as a WH headliner for years now, I just couldn't imagine missing an act I properly like to party with Jamiroquai so maybe a daytime Pyramid slot would be cool, around where Madness played this year.

This. Would be great. There's already far too many headliners for me to handle and only 1 has been announced.

53 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

I don't see it myself - surely have WH/some stage headliner written all over them. Think they'd unfortunately be more likely to take a headline/prominent slot at a smaller festival rather than middle of the day Glastonbury (if that's what they were offered, which I'm basing on nothing at all)

2 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

Yeah can't see Jay Kay's ego accepting anything other than stage headliner. And can't see any stage other than WH or Other being offered. May be wrong, as 3rd down pyramid would get loads of TV exposure. Have (t)he(y) ever played the farm before?

According to setlist.fm they played in both '93 and '95 (third down Pyramid in '95 funnily enough)

2 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

I don't see it myself - surely have WH/some stage headliner written all over them. Think they'd unfortunately be more likely to take a headline/prominent slot at a smaller festival rather than middle of the day Glastonbury (if that's what they were offered, which I'm basing on nothing at all)

It's the Pyramid stage tho init? There's an argument that they might rather play to tens of thousands there over playing a smaller stage at the same time as a couple of bigger acts.

The thing about them possibly choosing another festival rings true though. Certainly seems something Bestival would try but it falls outside their announced dates and I'm sure they'll have a route around the world mapped out as they were quite big in other regions as well.

7 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Really hoping that WH pulls it out the bag this year given the grim prospects seemingly in train elsewhere.

JK doesn't factor into those hopes.

WH has got me salivating more than any of the other stages this year just due to the potential it has (and that's just the top end). Whether any of that potential will come to light is another thing mind...

7 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

I thought he might've, but does he have any shows lined up after the one I can see on his tour dates (which just happens to be tonight)?

I have found it very strange he's yet to be announced for any festivals but I'd be surprised if he's not there. I had him down as 3rd down Pyramid, maybe same slot as Last Shadow Puppets last year? 

2 minutes ago, Callum_96 said:

I have found it very strange he's yet to be announced for any festivals but I'd be surprised if he's not there. I had him down as 3rd down Pyramid, maybe same slot as Last Shadow Puppets last year? 

Yeah that's definitely where I'd place him if he were to play, but until he announces any more shows it's looking unlikely