Latitude Festival 2017

scatteredscreens

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 2/13/2017 at 9:56 PM, evannn said:

My prediction is XX to play Longitude if it's happening this year. They didn't do any Ireland dates on their tour so I'm expecting an exclusive. 

Whether that would include a latitude slot as well I don't know

I think Electric Picnic is maybe just as likely because of Bestival. Also despite their 3 arena show I wouldn't write off Radiohead doing Longitude and Latitude. 

10 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Has a proper dance/electronic act ever headlined Latitude? I can't see them going for an act like Chemical Brothers (and definitely not Chase & Status) personally.

Don't think so.

I don't think there ever will be on either, just doesn't seem right. 

Soulwax was incredible last year though, think Latitude's thing seems to be to "Let's have one dance headliner on the BBC 6 stage" Reckon it'll be... bonobo this year.

On 2/13/2017 at 6:09 PM, dentalplan said:

eFests are as certain as they can be, as they've labelled them a 'TBC' on the line up page which is reserved for practically-sure things. So I would expect them personally, Finn. Or is it Fin? :P

Ah that makes sense, given they have pegged down Reading/Leeds this year months before the announcements. Just a speculation, that is all!

And from what I was led to believe, I am a Fin but was recently stunned to find out people spelt it with an extra "n" so I am currently flexible with the spelling.

On 13/02/2017 at 2:04 PM, Hawky said:

There's a gap in their Europe dates that spans from 06/07 to 10/08.  I have no idea on how American festivals work, but looking at Boston Calling there's the XX aren't listed as "US exclusive" or anything like that... 

They're at Coachella and also 'Shaky Knees Festival', no idea what that is but sounds amazing 

Looking at who's around, I think BBC 6 will look something like:

Friday- Moderat 

Saturday- Mac Demarco

Sunday - Bonobo

Have no idea with the main, as there's so many festivals yet to announce their lineup. 

I'll go with:

Friday- 1975

Saturday - Sigur Ros 

Sunday- Lorde

That's my final prediction.

10 hours ago, Hawky said:

Looking at who's around, I think BBC 6 will look something like:

Friday- Moderat 

Saturday- Mac Demarco

Sunday - Bonobo

Have no idea with the main, as there's so many festivals yet to announce their lineup. 

I'll go with:

Friday- 1975

Saturday - Sigur Ros 

Sunday- Lorde

That's my final prediction.

I was thinking Moderat the other day, big enough to headline though?

knowing my luck would clash with Sigur Ros anyway

What do people think about Thee oh Sees playing?

16 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Has a proper dance/electronic act ever headlined Latitude? I can't see them going for an act like Chemical Brothers (and definitely not Chase & Status) personally.

11 hours ago, aidenlangan95 said:

In a sense, yes if you accept Kraftwerk. But I appreciate that it's quite different.

It had become more electronic (I think) under Natasha's reign, and now there's the new booker from EYOE/Field Day I expect we might get a bit more. 

I think the Chems are about as dancey as the fest would get, still acceptable for the Guardian/6Music/Family crowd. Obviously they wouldn't book Deadmau5 etc