Latitude Festival 2017

scatteredscreens

2 hours ago, suttttttt said:

What is the likelihood of QOTSA headlining? They have just been announced for a festival in Japan a couple of weeks after Latitude so they're obviously touring in the summer. Too heavy for a Latitude crowd?

I was just thinking that this morning. New material coming out soon. Personally I would be very happy with them there.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, brayshizzle said:

I was just thinking that this morning. New material coming out soon. Personally I would be very happy with them there.

It would make the weekend for me but like @FloorFiller they are a bit raucous. I'll throw them in there as my wildcard prediction though. Imagine a Mark Lanegan Song For The Dead encore!!!

Okay, what about the idea of a QOTSA/Iggy Pop co-headline? I'm not a fan of co-headliners but I would happily see this. They obviously worked with each other last year and it would allow them to perform some PPD tracks, Iggy songs and premiere new QOTSA material.

Latitude is excellent, it's so chill. I've never been to a festival like it. 

I went in 2016 for the first time. Initially, i thought it was just a standard festival with the standard crowd. However, when i approached the arena gate for the first time and a man was there with his wife, and daughter, The security asked "any sharp objects, any cans? [in your bag]", the man replied "oh no, nothing like that", Security had to check anyway... the lady pulled out a GIANT KNIFE from his bag- her face was like " WHAT! ARE YOU DOING!!" , but she actually said "Sorry, you can't take this in" The gentleman, calm as anything, disputed this by pulling out a can of tinned salmon and some fancy looking crackers and said "How else am i going to prepare the salmon"- and he actually got into a bit of a huff!  I remember thinking, this place is different... very different. 

1 hour ago, Hawky said:

Latitude is excellent, it's so chill. I've never been to a festival like it. 

I went in 2016 for the first time. Initially, i thought it was just a standard festival with the standard crowd. However, when i approached the arena gate for the first time and a man was there with his wife, and daughter, The security asked "any sharp objects, any cans? [in your bag]", the man replied "oh no, nothing like that", Security had to check anyway... the lady pulled out a GIANT KNIFE from his bag- her face was like " WHAT! ARE YOU DOING!!" , but she actually said "Sorry, you can't take this in" The gentleman, calm as anything, disputed this by pulling out a can of tinned salmon and some fancy looking crackers and said "How else am i going to prepare the salmon"- and he actually got into a bit of a huff!  I remember thinking, this place is different... very different. 

Haha!! Brilliant. We had a group next to us who had Eggs Benedict!

No word of a lie they had a fully functioning kitchen setup under a gazebo connecting two large tents. 

Latitude unlike other festivals you actually have a little bit of decent room, you can also setup and take good stuff without fear of it being stolen. 

2 hours ago, finn_with_1_n said:

Quick one- Sturgill Simpson is officially ruled out from the line-up as he has dates in America all weekend; a bit of a shame as I would've enjoyed him on the 6Music Stage

Believe he played last year on main, anyway. 

When are you all expecting the Latitude line-up announcement to be made? Is there any confirmed or rumoured date yet? Latitude line up seems a bit later this year, than in previous years? Is that right??? (I'm just wondering who Melvin might be sharing this specific weekend, across both Latitude and Benicassim)

Edited by andytommo

4 minutes ago, andytommo said:

When are you all expecting the Latitude line-up announcement to be made? Is there any confirmed or rumoured date yet? Latitude line up seems a bit later this year, than in previous years? Is that right??? (I'm just wondering who Melvin might be sharing this specific weekend, across both Latitude and Benicassim)

Its usually announced around March 

22 hours ago, Jacko45 said:

Surely we cannot get good weather again can we?

I've never been at a festival until Latitude and thought "Is it maybe too hot?"

Last year on the Sunday we drove out for just a little brekky and found a beautiful long beach and had dip.

Love Latitude 

East Anglia tends to get better weather than the rest of the country so possibly!