Latitude Festival 2017

scatteredscreens

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

45 minutes ago, Smeble said:

1st time going to latitude this year, when do they normally start announcing acts?

Usually about a week into March, they tend to do the majority of the line up at once, inc the three music headliners and most of the mainstage subs/lower stage headliners

38 minutes ago, evannn said:

Usually about a week into March, they tend to do the majority of the line up at once, inc the three music headliners and most of the mainstage subs/lower stage headliners

Cheers, that's really late, it must affect their sales announcing after everyone else, people will end up going elsewhere.

14 minutes ago, Smeble said:

Cheers, that's really late, it must affect their sales announcing after everyone else, people will end up going elsewhere.

Yeah, it doesn't often sell out (not until last minute) but I imagine a fair part of that is down to the location as well

last night a woman commented on one of Robin Pecknold's (Fleet Foxes) Instagram pictures saying she hoped that they were playing Latitude this year. He then liked the comment, aswell as another about playing in Brighton.

Could be nothing in it but there must have been a reason he liked that comment and hardly any others...

2 hours ago, splinterbungee said:

Pixies / 1975 / Fleet Foxes headlining with Brian Wilson doing Pet Sounds on the Sunday Lunchtime

That would suit me nicely - I'd be happy to have the 1975 in there if I got the others

NO! No Brian Wizzle, I'll have to get a ticket. I'm not having two years on the bounce of crap non-event Sunday Lunchtimers and then the year that I don't go it's Pet Sounds. NOT ON MY WATCH!

Just now, Zac Quinn said:

If what their manager said about only doing "a couple" of festival slots in the UK this year is 100% accurate, they're now ruled out. Surprised nobody picked up on this

Hasn't The Neil TBC-ed them? "A couple" isn't exactly a confirmation that it's definitely two.

1 minute ago, kingcrawler said:

Did he not say a couple of special ones anyway? TRNSMT is hardly special so if you're going by that Latitude is still on.

The exact quote was "only a couple of really special festival slots" in response to a question about what they would be doing in the UK this year.. you and GOMY are right though, it is ambiguous to the extent it'd probably be wise to put more faith in Neil's confidence about them 

Fri: The 1975, Christine and the Queens

Sat: Bon Iver, Fleet Foxes

Sun: Pixies, Catfish and the Bottlenobs

No inside info, just what I've got a hunch on. Pixies headlining Blue Dot on 7th-9th July, 1975 supposedly nailed on (Neil said it) and who knows about Bon Iver, but after they cancelled their tour I want them there.

Edited by Brownie30

2 hours ago, Brownie30 said:

No inside info, just what I've got a hunch on. Pixies headlining Blue Dot on 7th-9th July, 1975 supposedly nailed on (Neil said it) and who knows about Bon Iver, but after they cancelled their tour I want them there.

Pixies are in Finland or something on the Sunday. Can't see them being there at all now they're headlining Bluedot as well as playing at Hyde Park.

Sub is probably a bit high for Christine & co. unless she's bringing out a new album. Hadn't thought of Catfish, sadly quite possible. I hope they wouldn't have Fleet Foxes on before Bon Iver.

9 hours ago, Brownie30 said:

Pixies are "uk festival headline exclusive" at Bluedot, so if they're at latitude it won't be headlining