Latitude Festival 2017

scatteredscreens

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, finn_with_1_n said:

Ezra Furman and Mercury Rev have been confirmed to play at the Barbican on the Thursday and Friday of Latitude weekend, respectively. Can see both of them at Latitude. 

ezra is only playing blue dot according to his facebook page. posted this when it was announced...

"Hello all my faithful Brits.
My Boy-Friends and I are playing ONE and only one festival in the UK this summer. This is it

Bluedot Festival. It's July 7-9. Get tickets. If you like this sort of thing

Thank you all for everything forever"

16 minutes ago, Hawky said:

A week till we find out, and I'll tell you what it can't come soon enough  because let's face it, we have NO IDEA who's playing.

We have far too many ideas of who's playing tbh. My money is on Joe Goddard to make an appearance, obviously not a headliner

14 minutes ago, evannn said:

We have far too many ideas of who's playing tbh. My money is on Joe Goddard to make an appearance, obviously not a headliner

We have The 1975 so far. There has been about 300 different names mentioned, around 25 of those are possible headliners. 

Lineup will be announced and it could be something crazy like:

Gorillaz

Kendrick Lemar

Edited by Hawky

5 minutes ago, finn_with_1_n said:

Oh don't tease me with Kendrick! I assumed he was too big for Latitude but a set at the festival would be incredible

He headlined longitude last year so about the right size. I'm not sure they'd book a hiphop headliner but love it if they did

Just a round up.

It depends how much stock you put in exclusives but we can rule out the following as they are exclusives at other festivals...

Pixies

2 door cinema club ( although this was when it was initially announced I can't see it mentioned now although they are at dour in Belgium latitude weekend)

Ryan Adams

Foals 

Major lazer

Pj Harvey

The XX (not a bestival exclusive but have never shared a latitude headliner and is a "rival" festival)

Tour schedules don't allow (or make it very very unlikely) the following 

Depeche mode

Bon iver

Catfish and the bottlemen 

Elbow

LCD soundsystem 

And there are a selection of bands who at the moment seem unlikely

Gorrilaz- no live dates planned for 2017...yet 

Sigur ros-there is a break in between their Europe and us tour but the new stage show is specifically designed for intimate venues not festivals  ( unlike last year's).

Tame impala- think they have said no uk dates this year  (they have 1 us festival in July)

Beck - only 1 us date so far this year 

Then there are the bands who are touring who have headlined recently 

Alt j

The national 

Maccabees

The bands who could be in the frame to headline are  (I think)

Massive attack  (although no live dates for 2017 currently announced)

Lana del rey 

Nick cave 

Fleet foxes 

Of course it could be someone currently on an exclusive or who hasn't announced any tour dates this year. 

Edited by glimmers_of_hope
Update

3 minutes ago, glimmers_of_hope said:

Just a round up.

It depends how much stock you put in exclusives but we can rule out the following as they are exclusives at other festivals...

Pixies

2 door cinema club ( although this was when it was initially announced I can't see it mentioned now although they are at dour in Belgium latitude weekend)

Ryan Adams

Foals 

Major lazer

Pj Harvey

The XX (not a bestival exclusive but have never shared a latitude headliner and is a "rival" festival)

Tour schedules don't allow (or make it very very unlikely) the following 

Depeche mode

Bon iver

Catfish and the bottlemen 

Elbow

LCD soundsystem 

And there are a selection of bands who at the moment seem unlikely

Gorrilaz- no live dates planned for 2017...yet 

Sigur ros-there is a break in between their Europe and us tour but the new stage show is specifically designed for intimate venues not festivals  ( unlike last year's).

Tame impala- think they have said no uk dates this year  (they have 1 us festival in July)

Beck - only 1 us date so far this year 

Then there are the bands who are touring who have headlined recently 

Alt j

The national 

Maccabees

The bands who could be in the frame to headline are  (I think)

Massive attack  (although no live dates for 2017 currently announced)

Lana del rey 

Nick cave 

Fleet foxes 

Of course it could be someone currently on an exclusive or who hasn't announced any tour dates this year. 

V concise.

In terms of demographic, there's a few trends that seem to crop up wrt headliners:

1 up and coming artist, and 1 retro act

Usually at least 2 headliners are British (might be coincidence)

Often one headliner has a strong female presence.

Theres been a strong indie/britpop theme, but electronic music has come to the fore in recent years. 

So I don't think we'll get all 3 of 1975, LDR, Fleet Foxes. 

1975, LDR/Fleet Foxes, Massive Attack v possible headliners.

I'm not convinced FF are big enough but everyone else thinks so, so I'm probs wrong

For what it's worth with a week to go I am pretty convinced that we're gonna get The 1975 and Lana Del Rey as 2 of the 3 which on a personal note doesn't fill me with a huge amount of excitement. The third headliner really is up for grabs though, I can't really put my finger on who it is going to be. 

Massive Attack would be amazing but I'm not sure if they're on the circuit this year, same goes for Gorillaz. One of either LCD Soundsystem or Bon Iver would have been the dream but sadly looks very unlikely. Pixies I think are a headline exclusive at Blue Dot so are likely to be out of the running too. Fleet Foxes imo are not big enough to headline the Obelisk, possibly a sub slot or headlining Scary.  

I'm going The 1975, Lana Del Rey and someone on the Sunday to fit the sing-a-long variety, but I can't for the life of me think who. I'm sure I'll make at least 3 different predictions between now and Wednesday.

Yeah it's my feeling too that we have two on lock and we're looking for an older headliner to balance out the popsters on Friday and Saturday.

Beck is an excellent shout by glimmers that I'd completely forgotten about. I think his resurgence would see him as a pretty sweet option for all ages, but obviously the lack of tour dates suggests it'll have to come from nowhere. Would put The Cure and Bjork in that bag too to be announced despite having no European dates. Now there's plenty of doubt around Massive Attack playing I think we'll have to look to a surprise next week. 

does anyone know what is happening with longitude this year? normally latitude shares at least one headliner and several undercard acts with them and they've announced in january the last few years so we've had a taster of the latitude lineup early. i've not seen anything announced for it yet this year though.

49 minutes ago, mercury said:

does anyone know what is happening with longitude this year? normally latitude shares at least one headliner and several undercard acts with them and they've announced in january the last few years so we've had a taster of the latitude lineup early. i've not seen anything announced for it yet this year though.

25 minutes ago ha

IMG_3189.JPG

17 minutes ago, glimmers_of_hope said:

Makes sense, it was always odd they were separate. 

I wouldn't say so. The festivals usually come across quite different in the sorts of acts they'd book, shared headliner aside.

The synchonised announcement is interesting though. I figured Lana Del Rey would be the one they shared but if they've delayed Longitude announcing then maybe there's something bigger going on between the two fests. Would guess that Frank Ocean is one of their headliners but obviously he won't be it.