Latitude Festival 2017

scatteredscreens

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

God.....

The thought of Mumford/1975 is dire, isnt it? It seems they are going for popularity rather than credibility. Less 6 music & more radio 2.

Still, the undercard is always good. Not just music either. So they will be SOMETHING else to see whilst they trudge through their aural diarrhea....

3 minutes ago, retromoz said:

God.....

The thought of Mumford/1975 is dire, isnt it? It seems they are going for popularity rather than credibility. Less 6 music & more radio 2.

Still, the undercard is always good. Not just music either. So they will be SOMETHING else to see whilst they trudge through their aural diarrhea....

Honestly the headliners have never really attracted me. I keep myself anticpated every year but its the undercard that really gets me. Also that and the venue. I think Portishead were the only headliner I have caught in the last few years 

2 minutes ago, suttttttt said:

'Orbital who are back after a 5 year break and who play their "only northern show of the summer", and there's a "northern festival exclusive" performance from Pixies'

Is how it reads on eFests, I was under the impression they were a UK exclusive as well though

if that's what you read on efests, that's what the press release said.

There seems to be A LOT of confusion surrounding the Pixies... Blue dot reporting its a "UK Headline exclusive "... Whereas every press release says "Northern festival exclusive"...

Strangely though, The Pixies have no profile on the Blue Dot festival website... However Alt J and Orbital do. So this really is a grey area. 

Edit: the first post is from Manchester evening news.

_20170227_152123.JPG

Screenshot_20170227-151655.png

Screenshot_20170227-151744.png

Edited by Hawky

5 minutes ago, finn_with_1_n said:

LCD Soundsystem, Tribe Called Quest and Solange are headlining Pitchfork Festival on the weekend of Latitude. Surely rules them out?

Yeah...  They were out anyway apart from Solange.

I'm massively surprised Solange is at Pitchfork, she's going to have a job on performing at both Lovebox and Pitchfork in one weekend.

3 minutes ago, adequate8 said:

are we thinking latitude might go in a slightly more commercial direction?

increased capacity
new booker (im sure its in this thread)
1975/mumford being suggested

I'[ve never been myself, but from what my local-living cousin (6 fingers :P) told me a year or two back, it's becoming more and more a local festival for local people as each year goes by ... so on that basis, I guess it's got to give enough of a mainstream fill to keep them happy.

3 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I'[ve never been myself, but from what my local-living cousin (6 fingers :P) told me a year or two back, it's becoming more and more a local festival for local people as each year goes by ... so on that basis, I guess it's got to give enough of a mainstream fill to keep them happy.

I've been twice (2014/2015) and didnt notice any difference in those years, I know 2015 had Noel Gallagher which wasnt really a Latitude headliner and I cant vouch for last year.

Still a lovely fest, good weather/people and great comedy/talks too - touch wood for a good announcement on Wednesday!

50 minutes ago, adequate8 said:

are we thinking latitude might go in a slightly more commercial direction?

increased capacity
new booker (im sure its in this thread)
1975/mumford being suggested

The new booker is from Eat Your Own Ears/Field Day, so I don't think the undercard will get any more commercial or suffer re strength. 

They could afford to make it a bit more top heavy, if they do it without sacrificing quality of acts. 

12 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

The 1975 as a booking are no different to Foals or Maccabees. Mumfords is different to what's come before, but you can't blame them for grabbing that opportunity I guess. Agree no Lana if it's those two.

how are they no different? very different from foals/maccabees and 1975 surely suit a V lineup more than a Latitude one?