Stage Predictions 2017

Gucci Piggy

21 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

I'd be all for Phoenix headlining a stage on Saturday or Sunday as like yourself I quite like the options so far but nothing's grabbing me yet, I think they're destined for an evening Other stage slot though after headlining JP last time. I'm kind of half expecting to miss them already with the way clashes will no doubt work out.

Exactly the same as me. I might try and get press later in the year for their London show but I'll see how things pan out.

Who are your must sees then?

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, DownboundTrain52 said:

Exactly the same as me. I might try and get press later in the year for their London show but I'll see how things pan out.

Who are your must sees then?

As long as Radiohead, The National and Katy Perry don't somehow clash I can deal with the rest. Anyone else I really want to see I've either seen before or can see again soonish so not getting too worried yet.

8 minutes ago, kingcrawler said:

As long as Radiohead, The National and Katy Perry don't somehow clash I can deal with the rest. Anyone else I really want to see I've either seen before or can see again soonish so not getting too worried yet.

Horrible feeling the last two could, somehow. Radiohead against either would be immeasurably stupid.

4 minutes ago, DownboundTrain52 said:

Horrible feeling the last two could, somehow. Radiohead against either would be immeasurably stupid.

Nah ain't a chance any of those three will clash now I reckon - all Pyramid acts. Tbh they're probably my big BIG must sees as well so that bodes well for me.

I reckon this is how they will close the Pyramid each day, although I'd much prefer Perry into Radiohead, this makes more sense.
Friday - Pyramid - Radiohead, The xx, The National, 

Saturday - Pyramid - Foo Fighter, Biffy Clyro, Royal Blood

Sunday - Pyramid - Ed Sheeran, Katy Perry, Chic, 

Edited by EmotionalMan

4 minutes ago, EmotionalMan said:

I reckon this is how they will close the Pyramid each day, although I'd much prefer Perry into Radiohead, this makes more sense.

Probs dis. aigh?

19 minutes ago, EmotionalMan said:

I'd be happy with that 

1 hour ago, EmotionalMan said:

Apparently Royal Blood can only do the Friday. Maybe as JP headliners

Edited by simian_mobile_mushrooms

3 hours ago, DownboundTrain52 said:

Why does everyone keep putting Chic against Phoenix? That is the question. Pretty resigned to the fact I'll miss Phoenix but still. 

Woah woah slow that Bird Train down. Why are we all missing Phoenix? Whats the intel?

6 minutes ago, Diva Sam said:

Woah woah slow that Bird Train down. Why are we all missing Phoenix? Whats the intel?

Don't think there's been any info as to where Phoenix are - just that with a lineup as stacked as this years there's a high chance they'll be getting sacrificed in favour of somebody else (although having not seen them yet I hope not).

3 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Not sure whether to believe their bullshit but it'd certainly make the poster running order theory seem correct.

well we might as well, considering we're believing them on BBK headlining the Other Stage, with absolutely no quote from Emily. and The XX subbing Radiohead is far more likely than BBK headlining Other.

5 minutes ago, ghostdancer1 said:

well we might as well, considering we're believing them on BBK headlining the Other Stage, with absolutely no quote from Emily. and The XX subbing Radiohead is far more likely than BBK headlining Other.

They're usually quick to swat erroneous rumours so I'd say we'd know if Emily was misquoted by the NME by now.

6 hours ago, ghostdancer1 said:

I think it maybe that Neil acquired extra info maybe apart from that article to say correct but Sunday other wise I can see him possibly having moved Justice to unknown stage and Stormzy being sub. I guess tbh maybe BBK are big enough for it and Stormzy atm probably would play 4th Pyramid, got more hype I think that a couple of previous hip Friday Pyramid acts, even more so maybe that Skepta atm last year who has blown up now seemingly. I'm going with either RTJ to play 5th down Pyramid Friday or ATCQ to be added in and take the slot. 

12 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I've been told it's Sunday and not Saturday.

My guess is that it had to be moved as Alt-J are only available on Saturday.

Are you thinking then that The xx, The National, Biffy and Katy P will be on the Pyramid stage if the Other headliners are looking to be Lazer, J and BBK?

12 hours ago, dentalplan said:

Phoenix into Justice Sunday evening would be great. Could also shimmy over to Metronomy apres-ca. I think the masses are sleeping on how much of a party Metronomy will be that night.

Aye. I'm sure I saw someone claim they weren't very upbeat in another thread :lol:

I'd be cool with them being my Sunday headliner.

Now that we have the BBK info I'd be shocked if any of those first three lines on the poster were anywhere other than on the Pyramid and if we'd have known about BBK headlining in the first place I doubt we would've entertained any other idea (well, I'm sure some would've...)

1 minute ago, TomViolence said:

Aye. I'm sure I saw someone claim they weren't very upbeat in another thread :lol:

I'd be cool with them being my Sunday headliner.

We talking Phoenix into Justice on West Holts? Unpopular opinion, but would rather flip 'em with Phoenix against Ed, so that I have the guaranteed Sunday high.

For those curious why I seem to care little for Justice, it's more that I haven't heard anything by them, rather than dislike. So if anyone wants to throw me some recommendations, I'll be very grateful.