The Park 2017

Tuna

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Fingerbobs said:

I'm just amazed he manages to carry on and sing the rest of the album afterwards.  It wrecks my voice just listening to it.

He doesn't do it live every time you press play y'know. :P

I have no such worries. I've perfected my #HamVoice singing The Rat incessantly for years.

Definitely my song of the year. The album does suffer from starting off too well tho. Not to say there's only one really great track - Sick as a Dog is fantastic too, but that's the second song!

2 hours ago, dentalplan said:

He doesn't do it live every time you press play y'know. :P

Aw shucks. Well whoever it is he gets to stand in for him when he's not at my command sounds really good to my ears so I'm not too disappointed I suppose. 

On 08/12/2016 at 3:57 PM, The Orgazoid said:

It's good. But I think it suffers from track one being by far and away the best on the album. 

What song are you talking about? Black Out is the best song on the album for mine. It's remarkably consisten end to end though. 

Never heard much of the Walkmen. Are they as good as this? Anyone recommend a stating point for me? 

13 minutes ago, majormajormajor said:

What song are you talking about? Black Out is the best song on the album for mine. It's remarkably consisten end to end though. 

Never heard much of the Walkmen. Are they as good as this? Anyone recommend a stating point for me? 

Bows and Arrows, specifically 'The Rat' which is one of the best songs of the 2000s

Just now, majormajormajor said:

The Walkmen are ace! Bows + Arrows is generally regarded their best, and also has The Rat on it which is their most well known song. You & Me and Libson are also very very good

1 hour ago, majormajormajor said:

Crank Juveniles (from the LP Lisbon) up nice and loud and dance around to some very, very good American Indie. I was sad when they split. Hamilton is a truly superb front man - really old school, in his suits, working the crowd. Class.

:)

Ben

1 hour ago, FloorFiller said:

The Walkmen are ace! Bows + Arrows is generally regarded their best, and also has The Rat on it which is their most well known song. You & Me and Libson are also very very good

Bows + Arrows is very good and the best place to start but I think the other two you mentioned are better albums. I think it's more highly regarded than the others because of The Rat which is the only part of The Walkmen's career that's drawn anything close to adequate appraisal. Can't think of a single more underrated band in recent years than those boys.

Edited by dentalplan

• 1 month later...

Ty Segall absolutely has to be booked. New album is absolute fucking quality. Has to be late afternoon or in the evening at the Park too, please not like midday on John Peel or elsewhere - that's just a shite time to see someone wig out.

There's been a real dearth of quality rock'n'roll over the past couple of years.

37 minutes ago, majormajormajor said:

Ty Segall absolutely has to be booked. New album is absolute fucking quality. Has to be late afternoon or in the evening at the Park too, please not like midday on John Peel or elsewhere - that's just a shite time to see someone wig out.

There's been a real dearth of quality rock'n'roll over the past couple of years.

Absolutely. New album is cracking. Though I'd happily see him play, say, William's Green if they could get him...

• 1 month later...
7 minutes ago, MattDavies__ said:

Soooooo...

First Aid Kit, Warpaint, The Cinematic Orchestra headlining? 

Sampha, Ride, Angel Olson, Lemon Twigs, Mark Lanegan, Moonlandingz, Girl Ray, Loyle Carner on the undercard? 

Please let's have First Aid Kit in a sunset slot on one of the days.

Seems more fitting than a dark headline slot.