The Park 2017

Tuna

8 minutes ago, Callum_96 said:

Would love to see Loyle Carner up at the Park, think he suits that far better than John Peel. 

Really?  It's just that I automatically assume that he would be best suited to an enclosed area.  Is he on the poster, I've not seen him?

Edited by carlosj

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 minutes ago, carlosj said:

Really?  It's just that I automatically assume that he would be best suited to an enclosed area.  Is he on the poster, I've not seen him?

I feel like the atmosphere up in the Park would suit him more than JP but I know what you mean about an enclosed area

2 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Nah Wild Beasts only did it in 2011, don't see them doing it again. Reckon they'll be mid/low Other this time.

(please excuse my stab in the dark)

i also changed marling to first aid as marling is much too high on the poster

I know it's always a bit dodgy to predict going on previous years, but could it be safe to assume Mark Lanegan might be headlining after Richard Hawley did last year (or was it the year before)?

Question for you Lanegan fans - where should I start with him if I wanted to educate myself with stuff that he might play? I know he's got a huge library of chunes, but I seem to remember somebody on here saying he doesn't play lots of his old stuff.

14 minutes ago, big__phil said:

I know it's always a bit dodgy to predict going on previous years, but could it be safe to assume Mark Lanegan might be headlining after Richard Hawley did last year (or was it the year before)?

Question for you Lanegan fans - where should I start with him if I wanted to educate myself with stuff that he might play? I know he's got a huge library of chunes, but I seem to remember somebody on here saying he doesn't play lots of his old stuff.

I reckon he'd a tad to small to headline it but dunno. Hope not anyway as he's Friday so that'd be a Radiohead clash. 

Blues Funeral is a fantastic album. 

18 minutes ago, big__phil said:

He plays old stuff yeah. Right back to The Screaming Trees. Try Bubblegum or Whiskey for the Holy Ghost. 

9 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

Last tour was Phantom Radio centric. I just want the c**t to play a full band versh of the immortal Shadow of the Season at Glasters. HAS to happen.

haha

He still played Halo of Ashes, One Hundred Days, Bombed, Twain Shall Meet, Wild Flowers, Meth Blues etc. And a few random covers. 

1 hour ago, dentalplan said:

I see Ride liked a fella's post on here (not @MattDavies__' he'll be sad to know) about hoping they're headlining the Park Stage. Not a confirmation ofc but curious if that's not the case.

Oooo interesting. Saturday's gone & I'm struggling to see where The Cinematic Orchestra would go other than the Sunday headline slot. Be a bugger if they're Friday night but I'm eyeing up the Ritz gig anyways so I can give em a miss 

2 minutes ago, big__phil said:

Mark Lanegan is showing as Park on Friday on the eFests lineup page - any idea why? Have I missed something?

A clash with Radiohead would be pretty cruel scheduling.

Somebody had info placing him there I believe. Don't worry, he won't be headlining.

3 minutes ago, big__phil said:

Mark Lanegan is showing as Park on Friday on the eFests lineup page - any idea why? Have I missed something?

A clash with Radiohead would be pretty cruel scheduling.

It was on his tour poster when he self confirmed ages ago. 

I don't think he'll headline, most likely 3rd down, so it'll hopefully be alright