The Park 2017

Tuna

2 hours ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Unless that's referring to a slightly later curfew or a new sculpture or the Silent Disco being replaced by something or the Ribbon Tower being made much bigger or...

Yes, exactly. I was trying to point out the contradiction in thinking "exciting surprises" is a hint to something that, due to its nature, they can't hint about.

• Replies 509
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

16 hours ago, Bradders said:

Any ideas?

I can't think of much myself, a gap in the timetable is too obvious, as is listing a fake name because on any decent sized stage someone will notice and raise the alarm. The only thing I can think is listing a real band who then don't actually play, but that would leave a lot of disappointed people who wanted to see the actual listed act.

Maybe they just don't announce the line-up on the Friday (or any day). Just put in the program "10th Anniversary Celebration" and it's up to people to rock up and see what they get. Afrika Express was similar and when I rocked up early evening there was about 50 people up there. It got busier obviously.
I kind of like the idea of people just coming on and playing, collaborations etc. You'd see a lot of bands already on site playing, which was what happened with Afrika Express.

4 hours ago, Pilgrim S said:

Maybe they just don't announce the line-up on the Friday (or any day). Just put in the program "10th Anniversary Celebration" and it's up to people to rock up and see what they get. Afrika Express was similar and when I rocked up early evening there was about 50 people up there. It got busier obviously.
I kind of like the idea of people just coming on and playing, collaborations etc. You'd see a lot of bands already on site playing, which was what happened with Afrika Express.

That would be ace. There are so many stages at Glastonbury, surely there's space for one of them to do something different to the standard "band plays for 45mins- hour and a half" format?

Pete Doherty headlined the park in 2008, I think? Could he do it again?

He was a lot more relevant back then but I do think we will see him back at the festival in 2017 just not sure where.

Maybe Bloc Party if they're still touring then could make an appearance at The Park?

1 hour ago, across97 said:

Pete Doherty headlined the park in 2008, I think? Could he do it again?

He was a lot more relevant back then but I do think we will see him back at the festival in 2017 just not sure where.

Maybe Bloc Party if they're still touring then could make an appearance at The Park?

I've got Doherty down for low-ish Other.

Bloc Party wouldn't be on the Park and I doubt they'll be booked anyway.

Sufjan would be good but perhaps a little too big? The same applies to Animal Collective.

Television, Yo La Tengo and Slowdive would be spot on though.

Dreams would be Magnetic Fields, Guided by Voices and Boards of Canada as a one in a million but I can't imagine much better.

Saw Local Natives last night - new stuff didn't really come alive much more live but they had a couple of guest vocalists who were excellent. Really fucking good musicians are that lot. Definitely see them taking 2nd or 3rd down this year, would be perfect.  

On 02 November 2016 at 2:15 AM, BLTN said:

Sufjan would be good but perhaps a little too big? The same applies to Animal Collective.

Television, Yo La Tengo and Slowdive would be spot on though.

Dreams would be Magnetic Fields, Guided by Voices and Boards of Canada as a one in a million but I can't imagine much better.

Animal Collective didn't have that big a crowd a few years back when they headlined. They were good. I'd love to see Boards of Canada but it aint going to happen. Even if they did play live again, which I doubt, I can't see them at Glastonbury for some reason. I heard one of them has a hearing problem.

Sufjan would be great and I think he could still play it but he is boarderline too big for the stage.

1 hour ago, Tuna said:

Saw Local Natives last night - new stuff didn't really come alive much more live but they had a couple of guest vocalists who were excellent. Really fucking good musicians are that lot. Definitely see them taking 2nd or 3rd down this year, would be perfect.  

Ah shame about the new stuff, the album has really grown on me.

Off to see them tonight but hope they're booked for Glasto :)

Edited by TomViolence

On 03/11/2016 at 9:47 AM, Tuna said:

Does it need to come alive more? It's an incredible album. Seeing them in Manchester on Tuesday.

29 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Does it need to come alive more? It's an incredible album. Seeing them in Manchester on Tuesday.

Sorry - by that I suppose I mean I was hoping I'd 'get' it seeing it live, which I didn't really. 

• 1 month later...
7 minutes ago, majormajormajor said:

Bumping this.

Lost count of how many times I've listened to this album. AOTY for me -- edges Parquet Courts, Radiohead and the Gizz.

the album's great although wouldn't break my top ten (probably need to give it more listens really)

that song, on the other hand, probably will