The Nal

Radiohead Headlining 2017

Anyone on here done old Trafford as a gig venue before ?

looking forward to it but bit concerned of a few reports of sound issues at previous events there.

Best Glastonbury set since portishead for me. Right down the front, surrounded by friends, tripping our tits off and feeling like we were part of something monumental. 

I've seen the hattrick of radiohead headline sets and this was as good as any of them. Set list wise the best bar none.

Thank the gods they pulled it off, or my depression at skipping the lips would have been off the scale.

Life affirming stuff.

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, ThomThomDrum said:

what a shit article of the pompous 'I'm a music journalist and can go to more gigs than you' attitude

Edited by Chawk

Yeah I just checked that yesterday as well. I hadn't really considered the weather factor tbh. The person I'm going with isn't the biggest fan in the first place, and if she gets drenched for 3 hours it's hardly going to be a great experience :lol:

Yeah I'd kind of forgotten that it was outdoors... shite. Guess we got lucky with it being completely dry for them at Glastonbury so it was maybe too much to ask that luck strikes twice. Will be even madder if it ends up being really sunny on the Wednesday.

Anybody know the timeline (if there even is one) for Manchester Arena being sorted? Got Nick Cave there later in the year so wondering if that's gonna have to get re-jigged as well.

14 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

Yeah I'd kind of forgotten that it was outdoors... shite. Guess we got lucky with it being completely dry for them at Glastonbury so it was maybe too much to ask that luck strikes twice. Will be even madder if it ends up being really sunny on the Wednesday.

Anybody know the timeline (if there even is one) for Manchester Arena being sorted? Got Nick Cave there later in the year so wondering if that's gonna have to get re-jigged as well.

They're working to a timeline of early September. 

Got last week's set downloaded to my phone. Saving it for my train journey to Manchester on Thursday.

2 hours ago, Wooderson said:

Radiohead your best headliner since Travis, Russy?

:P

:lol:

It's a tough one to rank in terms of pyramid headliners. Up there with blur for me, but not quite at the heights of macca/bowie.

Travis still miles out in front, obvs.

Just a question for Manchester folk/anyone who's been to LCCC before:

Am I right in thinking that the majority of car parking for the cricket ground is at Old Trafford (Man Utd)? Can't seem to find much about parking at the LCCC itself

5 minutes ago, Ipayne said:

Just a question for Manchester folk/anyone who's been to LCCC before:

Am I right in thinking that the majority of car parking for the cricket ground is at Old Trafford (Man Utd)? Can't seem to find much about parking at the LCCC itself

Yep there's no parking at LCCC itself, have to book through Old Trafford

1 minute ago, kaytee... said:

Yep there's no parking at LCCC itself, have to book through Old Trafford

Oh right cheers! Can you not pay on arrival??

1 minute ago, Ipayne said:

Oh right cheers! Can you not pay on arrival??

Not sure but looks like its sold out online now

30 minutes ago, brettredmayne said:

Anyone heard what times are for Glasgow?

Nope but curfew is 23:55 and they have a full set so I reckon they'll be on about 21:15 and get two and a half hours. Should be dark for most of the set hopefully. 

While we're on the Glasgow gig, you can get half price tickets for it on resale websites if anything fancies it.

23 minutes ago, russycarps said:

:lol:

It's a tough one to rank in terms of pyramid headliners. Up there with blur for me, but not quite at the heights of macca/bowie.

Travis still miles out in front, obvs.

What did you think of the Stones? That always ranks highly on my imaginary list

3 minutes ago, kaytee... said:

Not sure but looks like its sold out online now

Just found the link to it, yeah not showing anything available. Thank you anyway! Looks like there's more than N2 open so I'll just try there anyway. Cheers! ^_^

Re Manchester - I'm staying in the Travelodge at Sale and thinking of getting the bus to the show. Are the buses to and from pretty regular at 11 pm or should I drive and park? Also what's the food and drink options like inside the ground? Sorry for the questions - never been to Manchester before! 

Yeah food and drink is a good question. I'm imagining it decked out like a mini festival but I'm probably totally wrong.

19 minutes ago, jparx said:

Yeah food and drink is a good question. I'm imagining it decked out like a mini festival but I'm probably totally wrong.

From memory there is food but it's overpriced and shit 

20 minutes ago, jparx said:

That's pretty much it - basic food but there are a few different food vans and a good amount of bars