Radiohead Headlining 2017

The Nal

14 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

Got confirmation that I've got front standing tickets for manchester. Was a bit worried and confused about the process but it's seemed to work out okay. Hope it's been alright for everyone else too!

What's everyone hoping to hear them play then? Ask me tomorrow and my ideal setlist will be different, but here's what i'm feeling today. (semi-realistic with a few hopeful tunes thrown in)

1. Daydreaming
  2. Lucky
  3. Ful Stop
  4. There There
  5. All I Need
  6. Decks Dark
  7. Lotus Flower
  8. Let Down
  9. Pyramid Song
  10. Identikit
  11. The National Anthem
  12. Weird Fishes/Arpeggi
  13. Everything In Its Right Place
  14. Idioteque
  15. Exit Music (For A Film)
  16. The Numbers
  17. Bodysnatchers

18. Motion Picture Soundtrack
  19. Man Of War
  20. Nude
  21. Paranoid Android
  22. Fake Plastic Trees

23. The Bends
  24. Reckoner
  25. Karma Police

Those two encores are the best I've seen anyone predict. If they walk out to MPS as the first encore I think my body will just disperse in to the ether.

1 minute ago, jparx said:

Those two encores are the best I've seen anyone predict. If they walk out to MPS as the first encore I think my body will just disperse in to the ether.

same man, same

Going back over the setlist is like Christmas morning with too many new things to focus on any one thing. The run of There There>Bodysnatchers>Street Spirit is beckoning me forth with a "this was the best bit, Dave, honest".

11 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

Going back over the setlist is like Christmas morning with too many new things to focus on any one thing. The run of There There>Bodysnatchers>Street Spirit is beckoning me forth with a "this was the best bit, Dave, honest".

This sounded huge and is being lost by what surrounded it.

I was watching on my own and had ended up next to another bloke called Duncan who was enjoying the gig immensely but wasn't a Radiohead obsessive. He asked me what this song was called because he loved it so much.

2 minutes ago, strummer77 said:

This sounded huge and is being lost by what surrounded it.

I was watching on my own and had ended up next to another bloke called Duncan who was enjoying the gig immensely but wasn't a Radiohead obsessive. He asked me what this song was called because he loved it so much.

That was the highlight to me. Such a muscular transformation.  I thought it was a new arrangement, but it doesn't actually seem to be much different in the parts played, just that the rhythm section is much heavier sounding.

EDIT:  It sounds absolutely beastly!

Edited by stuartbert two hats

I'm still struggling to take it all in. I need to watch it again on iplayer as I think I was in a daze for the first half of the set, unable to comprehend what was going on. 

I think I'd built it up so much in my head, the first time I've ever seen Radiohead, on The Pyramid, it was going to be the best  set ever, life changing almost. 

I think it's only the lack of Reckoner that makes it just that. It's also the lack of Reckoner, my favourite song, plus knowing that was probably the only chance I'll ever get to see it played on The Pyramid, that makes me think back on it as an amazing set, but not the life changing affirmation it could and should have been. 

37 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

15 Step > Myxomatosis > Exit Music, for me. Then, when Pyramid Song started, fook me. Immense.

13 minutes ago, Tuna said:

15 Step > Myxomatosis > Exit Music, for me. Then, when Pyramid Song started, fook me. Immense.

Got to be Idioteque > You and Whose Army > There There, and then those two encores. Incredible.

I'm really looking forward to Manchester but worried it won't be nearly as good as Glasto and it'll damage my memory of it. I guess that's why we have iPlayer.

4 minutes ago, jparx said:

I still think Daydreaming > Lucky was my highlight, even though Thom was wobbly as fuck during Lucky.

Exit Music > Pyramid Song > EIIRP > Let Down was majestic, and the whole first encore just knocked my socks off.

When EEIRP started was the moment when I think the whole field was onboard. The cheer for those opening notes...

18 minutes ago, barkley87 said:

Got to be Idioteque > You and Whose Army > There There, and then those two encores. Incredible.

I'm really looking forward to Manchester but worried it won't be nearly as good as Glasto and it'll damage my memory of it. I guess that's why we have iPlayer.

I'll give you that run - even I enjoyed There There and I haven't shut up about it for about 9 months. YAWA on the Pyramid was gr8

I dont get anyone going to see Radiohead in 2017 and not knowing all the tunes off OK Computer. We got 7 tunes from OKC! 7!

And how even the most casual of fans doesnt enjoy at least 6/7 of the tunes in the first 10 is beyond me.

The more I think about the gig the more I find it difficult to separate the highlights..........

Edited by ThomThomDrum

4 minutes ago, nikkic said:

Do we think that this little string of gigs will be it for a while? Any hope of some more UK dates end of the year? 

yeah i think they said they've got no plans after the Israel gig. Jonny & Thom have a gig together in Italy in August but not with the full band. I reckon these gigs will be the last few for at least a year.

31 minutes ago, SomeoneListeningIn said:

yeah i think they said they've got no plans after the Israel gig. Jonny & Thom have a gig together in Italy in August but not with the full band. I reckon these gigs will be the last few for at least a year.

At least a year? I think the next time we see them will be 2020. Radiohead seem to time their tours with the Olympics. 

Where I End is near the top of my Manchester wishlist for sure. That tune is a proper boogie.

I'd like:

Where I End

HTDC

Reckoner

Climbing up the Walls

Lift

The Bends

Planet Telex

and, of course, Motion Picture Soundtrack

1 minute ago, jparx said:

Where I End is near the top of my Manchester wishlist for sure. That tune is a proper boogie.

I'd like:

Where I End

HTDC

Reckoner

Climbing up the Walls

Lift

The Bends

Planet Telex

and, of course, Motion Picture Soundtrack

Absolute dream! HTDC, WIEAYB, CUTW and Talk Show Host are top of my lift. Fingers crossed they play at least one! Motion Picture Soundtrack would be insane to close the main set tbh

1 hour ago, ThomThomDrum said:

I dont get anyone going to see Radiohead in 2017 and not knowing all the tunes off OK Computer. We got 7 tunes from OKC! 7!

And how even the most casual of fans doesnt enjoy at least 6/7 of the tunes in the first 10 is beyond me.

The more I think about the gig the more I find it difficult to separate the highlights..........

Correct. The set was *littered* with "oh my word" moments. As I hadn't seen them in 11 years and not seen them nail it since '97 I went in cold. The 2hrs+ was one of my best experiences on the farm.

And Strummer could be bang on the bollox right, the EIIRP intro was the moment things kicked on to the next level for me too.

As a casual fan post OKC I thought it was bloody amazing. Didn't recognise or know all of the songs but certainly enjoyed them all! Couldn't believe we got Lucky that early, and it just got better from there.

Only gripe was the screens. Until watching on iPlayer I had no idea that Thom was moving around that much and generally looking like he was enjoying himself. Would have helped the atmosphere I think.