Radiohead Headlining 2017

The Nal

12 hours ago, kaytee... said:

It's been confirmed that all three people coming with me will be seeing Major Lazer instead?? Looks like I'm gonna be on my own in front of Pyramid for a good few hours so if anyone sees me nursing a bottle of rum please say hi 

Fairly sure I'm in the same boat, with Lorde clashing at the start of Radiohead I've lost my potential company

It'll be me an my other half watching, I've not asked if that's what he is doing - just assuming. Others in our group will likely be towards the back. I'm in it for the long haul - Royal Blood through to Radiohead, I think that's the longest I'd have spent at the same stage!

I'm now limiting my listening of Radiohead so it can be a 'surprise' - I find it ramps up my excitement!

10 minutes ago, Deadendfriends8 said:

Fairly sure I'm in the same boat, with Lorde clashing at the start of Radiohead I've lost my potential company

I'm actually really annoyed about the Lorde thing because shes the only act I haven't seen yet and really wanted to. I'll see how the ground is on the day and if a run from other to pyramid is possible but probably unlikely

4 minutes ago, kaytee... said:

I'm actually really annoyed about the Lorde thing because shes the only act I haven't seen yet and really wanted to. I'll see how the ground is on the day and if a run from other to pyramid is possible but probably unlikely

Yeah one of my mates is gonna try this, I wish him good luck. I'm probably staying put at the front from Royal Blood onwards

2 minutes ago, kaytee... said:

This. I've watched Lorde in the past but haven't seen Radiohead. Lorde has upped her game massively and ideally I'd see both at Glastonbury. I'm just not sure whether leaving the Pyramid after The xx to run over for Lorde before running back to the Pyramid for Radiohead is smart. Which is really annoying as I'd love to see all three but its probably not going to happen. I don't want to miss out on a good spot for Radiohead. Oh well, there are worse problems eh?!

1 minute ago, jyoung said:

This. I've watched Lorde in the past but haven't seen Radiohead. Lorde has upped her game massively and ideally I'd see both at Glastonbury. I'm just not sure whether leaving the Pyramid after The xx to run over for Lorde before running back to the Pyramid for Radiohead is smart. Which is really annoying as I'd love to see all three but its probably not going to happen. I don't want to miss out on a good spot for Radiohead. Oh well, there are worse problems eh?!

One advantage in this is that Lorde will 100000% going to be announcing a tour soon

Just now, Deadendfriends8 said:

One advantage in this is that Lorde will 100000% going to be announcing a tour soon

My bank account considers that a 100000% disadvantage haha. I'd probably skip the tour to be honest. I reckon the Glasto show will be pretty special but I can see her own shows being £40 odd for a ticket and all things considered that's probably not for me. Damn you, clash! 

The 3 others in my group have decided that Major Lazer is more for their liking, so Radiohead will be a solo mission for me. Looks as if they have the longest set of the weekend so maybe something out of the ordinary is being planned?

I imagine this will be the only headliner all of my group go to, although we are all pissed off about some of the clashes (Lorde, .Paak, Flips). Gonna be a good 'un, anyways.

Friday evening looking very nice indeed.

Hamilton Leithauser > Glass Animals/Mark Lanegan > Angel Olsen > The xx > Radiohead

26 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

I imagine this will be the only headliner all of my group go to, although we are all pissed off about some of the clashes (Lorde, .Paak, Flips). Gonna be a good 'un, anyways.

Friday evening looking very nice indeed.

Hamilton Leithauser > Glass Animals/Mark Lanegan > Angel Olsen > The xx > Radiohead

You may notice me following you for the last four, but I assure you it is simply a coincidence

33 minutes ago, across97 said:

The 3 others in my group have decided that Major Lazer is more for their liking, so Radiohead will be a solo mission for me. Looks as if they have the longest set of the weekend so maybe something out of the ordinary is being planned?

Radiohead are best savoured alone! 

Yeah definitely surprised to see them with a bigger slot than Foos. I'm sure Radiohead will still play the usual 24 song set, even if that only equates to 2 hours, but it's a relief to see they haven't been given 90 minutes or something daft.

This really is going to be something else. The full gravity of the situation has fully sunk in now we have the set times.

1 hour ago, kaytee... said:

How realistic is this?  I was thinking the same but it's been a few years since I've been and not sure if I ever did a quick dash from Other to Pyramid.

16 minutes ago, jparx said:

This really is going to be something else. The full gravity of the situation has fully sunk in now we have the set times.

This is where I'm at today, a proper set length on the Pyramid at Glastonbury. And it's only a few weeks away... 

55 minutes ago, cloudb said:

How realistic is this?  I was thinking the same but it's been a few years since I've been and not sure if I ever did a quick dash from Other to Pyramid.

If it's dry, it's totally do-able.  Just ease yourself towards the path when it's getting towards the end of Lorde's set to be ready to go. You'd miss the first 3-4 Radiohead songs but unless they radically change their setlists, that may not matter to you.  Plus you can hear what's happening on the Pyramid before you get there.  I reckon a few will be doing the same dash.  If it's wet, double the journey time but Radiohead are on for ages so even if you miss as much as an hour, you'd still see more than half the set.

Edit: Doh, got my times wrong.  Anyway, 15 mins if it's dry.  I've done the reverse journey in less but it was 2010 so dry as a bone and I was running away from Gorillaz stinking up the Pyramid...

Edited by scaryclaireyfairy

5 minutes ago, scaryclaireyfairy said:

If it's dry, it's totally do-able.  Just ease yourself towards the path when it's getting towards the end of Lorde's set to be ready to go. You'd miss the first 3-4 Radiohead songs but unless they radically change their setlists, that may not matter to you.  Plus you can hear what's happening on the Pyramid before you get there.  I reckon a few will be doing the same dash.  If it's wet, double the journey time but Radiohead are on for ages so even if you miss as much as an hour, you'd still see more than half the set.

I concur. I'd quite like to see Lorde so I'm going to do similar, but I don't want to miss the start of Radiohead so will leave her set early. In 2013 I legged it from Cave to Pumpkins and it really didn't take long at all. If you leave her set even slightly early you'll miss the crowds too.

17 hours ago, arcade fireman said:

Don't want more than 5 OKC tracks (but can add Lift/Big Boots to that). Just too much other good stuff to be played. 

I agree. I've said it before in this thread, I'd be amazed if they play more than 5 from OKC. Some people are reading an awful lot into an old album being reissued. If they had announced an OKC tour around Glastonbury then I could see the possibilities but they haven't and they won't.

2 hours ago, across97 said:

Same here! Your three people and my three people can both enjoy Major Lazer but they don't know what they're missing

59 minutes ago, cloudb said:

If you leave for other from the left of the Pyramid field it's easier to get back in a decent spot from the same side but the crowd is gonna be huge for Radiohead. Don't think I wanna risk it for a crap spot