Knobs

elias

I don't think I met any genuine knobs. I saw a few really wasted people doing stupid stuff but that was it really. There was a guy behind me at LCD who was absolutely gillespied drinking a pint of thatchers. He could barely stand up and when he finished the pint, he pulled out a can and proceeded to drink that! Then he picks up the empty cup of thatchers which he'd dumped on the ground and proceeds to piss into it. At that stage I decieded "fuck this", and moved slightly to the left to get away from him. In the pit at foals there was 2 lads and 2 girls who dropped pills at about half 8 which I thought was a bit silly, far too early in the night for that. When you're around people who are on pills and you're not they can be quite annoying. These guys wouldn't shut the fuck up about 30 minutes later when the pills kicked in.

• Replies 381
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

only thing I'll say about this thread is that the opening post was such a positively accurate commentary about the general lovely people that were on site this year, and yet because it is titled as such -  "Knobs" - it has invited subsequent posters to change that picture by listing the idiots that were on site. Yes, I saw a few, but generally I really thought it was a great crowd this year  as the OP says, especially as in later years it seemed like there was more and more of the types you wouldn't want at Glastonbury managing to get in as a 'must do once' type of thing.

Apart from the cockend who decided to strike up a conversation with me in the shangri la on saturday night. Asked me who I'd seen (no problems so far) then when I told him, basically decided to try and take the piss.

Laughed at me for watching underworld.."You should have seen muse - "how stuck in the past are you? You should just go to a retro festival, you'd prefer it"

"You are so northern and backward"... (I'd hardly said a word to him)

He went on a minute / 90 second rant calling Adele a "fat bitch".

Then when he asked me why I didn't like Drum n Bass, I said "because it's full of people like you" 

He got the message and did one.

Other than him, everyone was friendly and good natured.

Edited by FuzzyDunlop

Also thought it was better this year. However, I can't let one incident slide! Group of four in a tent near us, one of the party decides to take a shit in his tent. Next morning he gets a ribbing from his mates and girlfriend, though they seem to be secretly rather proud of him for some reason. Well to dispose of it, he carries it in on a couple of cushions and dumps it right outside of our tent.

Someone also shat inches from out tent in 2014. Twice in 3 years we've had a shit inches from our tent. It's hard enough in tough muddy conditions getting through the festival - but 2 shits in 3 years... I'm not asking much just to have a shit-free sleeping area am I? Am I being unreasonable??

There were a group of four/five "lads" next to me and my wife at Muse who were utter fucking w*nkers. Openly shovelling come up their noses (I don't judge doing it, but hate the twattish behaviour it often spawns), being loud, chucking drinks around, abusing others and getting rather gropey with any nearby young lady. Had to move away from the utter cnuts before they turned their attention to Mrs Jass.

Special mention too to the two twats on Sunday night pissing against the fence at Pennard Hill gate when there were empty long drops literally ten feet away.

11 minutes ago, Hugh Jass said:

There were a group of four/five "lads" next to me and my wife at Muse who were utter fucking w*nkers. Openly shovelling come up their noses...

This could be my favourite typo ever. At least, I hope it's a typo.

Generally a good year behaviour wise, saw 5 people pissing, tackled a couple but there's generally no shaming some people. One bloke was peeing of the side of the path next to Bella's Bridge mentioned earlier, straight into the stream. I had a go at him and he just looked at me like I was insane.

Bizarrely, the only place I saw anyone taking NOS was in the Acoustic Tent before Art Garfunkel. True to form, they just dropped the empty cannisters on the floor.

On 27 June 2016 at 8:42 PM, adamski said:

Was a really good crowd, only things that annoyed me were  people standing around chatting on the walkways while everyone struggles to get past. There was even two people sat there on chairs having a fag!

This indeed, had to stop the mrs a few times from going mental with a few. Had a few people just pushing past others but on the whole most people were friendly and helpful.

18 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Generally a good year behaviour wise, saw 5 people pissing, tackled a couple but there's generally no shaming some people. One bloke was peeing of the side of the path next to Bella's Bridge mentioned earlier, straight into the stream. I had a go at him and he just looked at me like I was insane.

Bizarrely, the only place I saw anyone taking NOS was in the Acoustic Tent before Art Garfunkel. True to form, they just dropped the empty cannisters on the floor.

Crikey. Incongruous! Well, that's an example of how diverse Glastonbury is I suppose! :D

1 hour ago, Fearless_Fish said:

Also thought it was better this year. However, I can't let one incident slide! Group of four in a tent near us, one of the party decides to take a shit in his tent. Next morning he gets a ribbing from his mates and girlfriend, though they seem to be secretly rather proud of him for some reason. Well to dispose of it, he carries it in on a couple of cushions and dumps it right outside of our tent.

Someone also shat inches from out tent in 2014. Twice in 3 years we've had a shit inches from our tent. It's hard enough in tough muddy conditions getting through the festival - but 2 shits in 3 years... I'm not asking much just to have a shit-free sleeping area am I? Am I being unreasonable??

Where abouts were you camped? 

I was generally very chilled out this year. I had one of the threads on here about not judging people who move through the crowd at the back of my mind and it really helped.

I did yell, 'dont push' at some young blokes who were shoving after Adele by the Beat Hotel as they nearly knocked my son over but my husband told me to leave it and so I did.<proud>

24 minutes ago, Fearless_Fish said:

Each time I was camped on a thin strip just south of The Woods and directly opposite where the Beat Hotel usually is (before it moved this year).

Bottom Webb's Ash. We normally camp there, no chance with the traffic though.

Apart from the odd turf, was it quieter this year with TheBeat Hotel having moved?

31 minutes ago, arcade fireman said:

Told a couple of Home Counties twats to shut the fuck up a few times when they kept talking loudly during Sigur Ros when about 5-6 rows from the front. There are some sets its more okay to talk during - LCD were incredible but people talking during those songs was fine. You just don't do that when up close at Sigur Ros. 

I had to politely ask an older group to shut the fuck up at the start of Garfunkel. Two women from their group just started screaming just after he started playing although it was unrelated to what was happening up on stage.

30 minutes ago, arcade fireman said:

Told a couple of Home Counties twats to shut the fuck up a few times when they kept talking loudly during Sigur Ros when about 5-6 rows from the front. There are some sets its more okay to talk during - LCD were incredible but people talking during those songs was fine. You just don't do that when up close at Sigur Ros. 

This pissed me off during Kurt Vile, a group of people infront of me were chatting and taking photos throughout the whole set. They handed the camera over to me so I could take a photo, I have anxiety and dyspraxia which means I shake when I'm caught off guard like that.   The bloke said rudely "You're too shaky" and handed the phone to a guy stood next to me. Made me feel quite embarrassed but I got over it quite quickly and just ignored them. The only bad encounter I had all weekend really.

Was anyone camped in Lower Mead? There was one group of scousers right next to us who were out of their face for the whole festival. They were constantly arguing with each other, and on one of the nights one of them threatened to stab their 'mate'. All of this was over ridiculous petty stuff as well. On Sunday night they heard someone snoring in another tent so they started shouting they would burn their tent down. One of them literally spat every other minute. Them horrible ones bringing up all their snots and sounding like a Gorilla. 

4 minutes ago, Gnomicide said:

Bottom Webb's Ash. We normally camp there, no chance with the traffic though.

Apart from the odd turf, was it quieter this year with TheBeat Hotel having moved?

I think I got in later than you, but managed to get pitched near the fences by the trees in a rare patch of green. We only had one early night where the Beat Hotel was still going when we got back. Seemed about the same volume though!

1 minute ago, Rumblestripe said:

Yeah, what is the attraction of The Beat Hotel, always looks shit to me? A load of of young blokes (never seems many females there) standing around not doing very much when there is a world of possibility just a short walk away.

Very odd.

I agree, although I'm not exactly "with it" :) However, the first thing I heard after clambering back into my tent was Ghostbusters theme tune which was fun!

It's still amazing that a festival with the population of Iceland (or Croydon) can get together and take every drug under the sun, get pissed as whatever, survive the most horrendous mud and rain for days on end, and yet there is virtually zero hassle - by far the opposite you spend the entire time meeting and chatting to amazing friendly people, whatever their particular vibe of choice is.

There was a group of guys in the Avalon Inn on the Thurs evening and one of them was a complete state. He's the only person at Glastonbury I've ever seen be asked to leave a venue.

He started chatting to me by saying he'd buy us all a round of drinks, but within seconds was 'i'll pay for you to dance'. He then tried to hand me £40 and other notes were falling out of his wallet. His mate, who was slightly better, at least picked his money up and sorted his wallet out. That guy probably lost a lot of money that night!