Headliner predictions 2017

swede

• Replies 8.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, dentalplan said:

well shit. doubt they'll be at Glastonbury, but if they're actually back from the hiatus this early (and didn't just do this as a one off) i wonder if they'll be elsewhere next year e.g. Reading/Leeds (although with Kasabian seemingly confirmed i guess not 'cause 2012)

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

well shit. doubt they'll be at Glastonbury, but if they're actually back from the hiatus this early (and didn't just do this as a one off) i wonder if they'll be elsewhere next year e.g. Reading/Leeds (although with Kasabian seemingly confirmed i guess not 'cause 2012)

Any particular reason why you'd doubt Glastonbury? I always thought it would be their first UK festival once they returned. Foos, Radiohead and Stone Roses would be massive, although it lacks a younger act.

1 minute ago, jparx said:

Any particular reason why you'd doubt Glastonbury? I always thought it would be their first UK festival once they returned. Foos, Radiohead and Stone Roses would be massive, although it lacks a younger act.

no real reason really, and like you i expected Glastonbury would be first in line if they returned so soon, but with Roses and Radiohead now in place and me still thinking Sheeran is gonna be there there isn't any room left for them. those three would be ridiculously strong, but i just don't see it. guess there's still nothing cementing the Roses as a headliner other than their tour dates falling around it so maybe we've got it wrong (i doubt it though)

8 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

I would strongly expect it to be a one-off considering the nature of the show but it might just be something interesting to chew over. If we were at a point where Glastonbury hadn't signed all three headliners (eg. the talk of Roses being offered IOW for more money) then getting on the phone to the Foo people and reaching out for a one-off might be a goer. Prince Harry managed it once. Not expecting it but it's too early to close shop on all the headline chat. :P

I can't half feel that we consider Sheeran more likely simply because it makes sense for him to do it.

However i'd think that by the end of this year we'd at least hear news / whisperings that he was back in the studio making a new album etc.

I know he's one of the likeliest but there needs to be something out there first for me to believe it. It is almost too quiet on his front at the moment.

Edited by Matt42

7 hours ago, Matt42 said:

I can't half feel that we consider Sheeran more likely simply because it makes sense for him to do it.

However i'd think that by the end of this year we'd at least hear news / whisperings that he was back in the studio making a new album etc.

I know he's one of the likeliest but there needs to be something out there first for me to believe it. It is almost too quiet on his front at the moment.

I absolutely agree with all of this. 

7 hours ago, Matt42 said:

I get what you mean, but with a global superstar like Sheeran there doesnt need to be all this build up and talk of him being in the studio - he'll just drop a single/album announcement out of nowhere and that'll be that. There's always the chance that the album could take longer and not be out in time, but that doesn't seem very likely to me. All we're waiting for really is Neil to hear something more concrete

44 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

I get what you mean, but with a global superstar like Sheeran there doesnt need to be all this build up and talk of him being in the studio - he'll just drop a single/album announcement out of nowhere and that'll be that. There's always the chance that the album could take longer and not be out in time, but that doesn't seem very likely to me. All we're waiting for really is Neil to hear something more concrete

Like Adele did with her latest album, it basically just dropped out of nowhere and then it was everywhere.

8 hours ago, Matt42 said:

Fucking hell matt. Did you do that on purpose? Summoning him up from where ever he has been?!

Just seen this on facebook

http://www.sugarscape.com/music/news/a1091882/ed-sheeran-announces-first-performance-hiatus/

Edited by FuzzyDunlop

7 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

Fucking hell matt. Did you do that on purpose? Summoning him up from where ever he has been?!

Just seen this on facebook

http://www.sugarscape.com/music/news/a1091882/ed-sheeran-announces-first-performance-hiatus/

If you say Sheeran three times whilst looking into a mirror at midnight he will appear and warble earnestly about drugs or something.

24 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

To be honest, I wanted one Pyramid headliner I really want to see. It looks as though I will get one - Radiohead. 

It can be anyone other than Coldplay / Muse and I will not complain. Even Sheeran. Yes he is shite, but he has never headlined and is big enough.

Daft Punk is preferable though...

My sentiments exactly. I'd love three really great headliners, but at the same time I don't want to be at the Pyramid for all three evenings. So if I get one, I'm happy. Even though I'd secretly like two more. 

A first world problem if ever there was one.