Will you be returning next year?

PurpleFire

Will you return to Glastonbury Festival in 2017  

528 members have voted

1. 1. Will you return to Glastonbury Festival (Tickets Aside) in 2017?

• Yes
    • No

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Considering I didn't have the best Sunday in 2015, when we struggled to get tickets I was ok about taking a year out, as the weekend went on it got easier to be away from the festival, by Saturday I was fully enjoying watching performances on tv and Coldplay etc were enjoyable yesterday.

I think if I had got involved with all the mud and traffic queues especially in a very small camp with most of my friends missing it might have ruined it for me, so in fact i'm happy that most of this year out has been spent with friends getting everyone all hyped and energised for next year, so hopefully we can have a massive camp and amazing Glasto next June.

A lot of my friends turn 30 next year so we decided it's naturally the place to go and celebrate that (and not mention it ha)

I'm not afraid of long queues and mud, done it all before buy by own admission my health isn't as good as it has been and would have had more impact this year than in the past.

Edited by siweltrebor

Having being forced to miss the last two due to not being able to get a ticket and being utterly depressed for both weekends when the festival is going on down the road... I find it incomprehensible that people would actively choose not to be there! 

I would have given an organ to have been there this year and the same will apply next year. No doubt. 

Despite getting stuck in the 14 hour camper queue for most of Tuesday and being forced to wait for most of Wednesday in the showground, not to mention the mud (made worse by pushing/carrying the 3 year old around in it) and having to leave early on Sunday, of course we will be back! It was hard going but for us, definitely worth it.

This is my last one for now. I think I need a break to reignite my love for it. 

We were unlucky with tent neighbours this year - I woke up on Friday to chants of 'YES FARAGE' followed by 'get them out now' and it just took away some of the magic for me. Such a small thing, but it just summed up a shift in the festival's audience (which at times can really test me). 

No, but down to the fact we are planning New Zealand for the Lions tour.

I will go back in future, the other half made the decision to leave yesterday afternoon. I think she was mentally drained from the mud, and according to my pedometer, we had done over 100,000. It's a shame we missed some acts we really wanted to see but it's not the end of the world.

I saw some great acts, got to the front for many which was easy. 

2 minutes ago, Amii said:

We were unlucky with tent neighbours this year - I woke up on Friday to chants of 'YES FARAGE' followed by 'get them out now' and it just took away some of the magic for me. Such a small thing, but it just summed up a shift in the festival's audience (which at times can really test me). 

I'm feeling the same right now. Enjoyed the festival most when i got away from the main crowds and went to Crows Nest, Rabbit Hole, Bimble Inn, Big Top. Currently thinking i need a year off from it all but on the other hand, just think i need to base myself in Park for the festival. Didn't go to the SE corner once this year. Liked the new JP location though.

26 minutes ago, Amii said:

Ugh. People like that exist (in droves, evidently) in the Real World too. Don't let that put you off going back, although I totally understand why that put a downer on things for you. I'd have felt the same in your position.

A definite NO. Even though we took last minute decision not to bother with tenting, and travel daily for three days, handy option living locally. The evil mud killed it off for me, saftey was also big concern, very shambilic at times, OK conditions didn't help, and were difficult to deal with for everyone. It needs a huge rethink, dated day of arrival tickets, lower the attendance levels. I fear if they don't do anything they risk big problems from locals, and the council. We enjoyed the music we saw, but that's all, the rest was a nightmare.

I have to admit that it's crossed my mind that I may not go next year.. But I know deep down that on ticket day I'll be trying to get tickets for my 7th festival.

I really struggled this year. I have a problem with my spine and was given disabled access but even that didn't help at times. I'm in pain but glad I stayed. I'm just sad that I didn't spend much time in circus, green futures and theatre/cabaret this year. They're my favourite places to explore and I just didn't have the energy to get from Bushy Ground to that end of the festival site. Because of this, it's felt far less magical to me this year. 

This year was TOUGH, but I still want to go for the foreseeable future. I still had a great time, just saw less than I wanted to due to the time it took to get anywhere. Our newbies enjoyed themselves but sadly left early Sunday afternoon because I think it had taken its toll on them. 

I have absolutely had it with the SE corner however. I enjoy it on a Thursday night when it's a bit less busy but when we went on Saturday it was just unbearable. 

I really hope that Mr Eavis does not listen to any calls for a reduced capacity! 

All well and good for you people who have just got home to say that! Spare a thought for those of us who have been unable to get a ticket for the last two years! Even at the current capacity.

To be honest, hearing people say they are done with the festival is good news for me. With a little luck I will be able to get a ticket once again after two years of forced absence! 

12 hours ago, PurpleFire said:

After all the trails and tribulations of this year, has anyone been beaten, broken or frustrated enough to not return in 2017?

For me and guessing like many you cannot miss it but a lot needs to change.

1. South East corner, is just a mess and it cannot cope with the demand! I went three years ago and remember walking past the Pyramid stage at six in the morning with not a sole about it was like a ghost town...this year I was walking in droves after the nightlight finished. It's too big for its boots.

2. I know the weather played its part on the parking and the ques this year but more and more are turning up on Wednesday and it's the root cause of the problem. They need to do, like they do with the coaches and have Wednesday Thursday tickets.

3. Last point would be maybe even lower the capacity. I know demand is there and more people would be disapointed and maybe even me again like 2015 but this year it seemed very unsafe and very poorly organised from a security and risk point of view. But again it's down to the weather and it's something that cannot be helped.

Fingers crossed for next year, had a brilliant 5 days, had to come on early after falling ill, maybe food poisoning but I got engaged on Wednesday at the top of the hill by the sign and it was truely magical!

Love to all! 

I completely agree with what you have said, I was actually saying the same things to my girlfriend. Oh, and I too have a stomach bug!

Had a fucking ball as always. Would prefer it without mud, but to me it doesn't detract from the spectacle of the event, the feeling of togetherness. 

I spent virtually no time around circus/theatre etc this year. I guess it was harder to get stuff out and about because of the mud? Was in the SE corner every night, didn't have any problem there at all. Shangri-La was a doddle to get into at midnight Saturday.

Sitting at home now, so sad it's all over. I'll be 35 next year. Bring it on. 

Edited by majormajormajor

Much as I like the idea of having half Wednesday and half Thursday tickets it won't work. If big groups of Thursday people turn up on Wednesday are they seriously going to turn them away at the gate? We were at Worthy View where the entrance is supposed to be exclusive for WV campers but people were turning up with just general admission tickets and being allowed through.

From a personal point of view, this was the first year where I was happy to leave (after Sunday headliner), normally I have to be dragged out of the site. Purely down to the mud and the aches in my feet (first year in the eight I have been to I have worn Wellies for the entire festival). Still plan on going to my ninth!

The legs are shattered but the mind is wide awake.

Loved every second of it, even the rain and the very hard going mud. Finding somewhere to sit (an even lay down!) we golden moments though I did miss falling asleep on the grass.

Tickets permitting I will be there next year and every year.

I'll aim to be there, but I'll never say for definite that I will be, not with ticket hell day.

Overall it's been the worst Glastonbury I've been to but that's more to do with me being run over 15 days ago than anything else. It's hard enough to get around in the mud at the best of times, but my leg made it so much harder. Still, even now, halfway home, I consider myself lucky to have been there, seen some fantastic performances and weirdness. Wish I could've done more but I did what I could. Out of the five of us who went one's already ruled next year out though.

No I will be out for a while now.

Was at '05 and '07 and this year wasn't far off those but I'm 10 years older now so just found it much tougher to cope and get my spirits up! Had a break for 4 years after '07 so maybe something similar again.

The horrible journey down, sheer amount of people, claustrophobic walking between stages and near front of main stages and obviously the mud/rain/mud combo all made it a bit worse for me this year and I enjoyed it less than any other Glastonbury I've been too.

I expect it might be easier to get tickets next year because of this??

It's hard work in the mud, and it's got even harder work since they made they site so much bigger since around 2007. The car parks are now about 30mins further walk away!

Still, will def. be back. Not sure about next year but not really because of the mud. That's x2 years like that out of 10 for me so not too bad statistics!

Agreed on some of the points above - particularly the SE corner. Just not enjoyable up there it's so rammed. 

Hope everyone gets home OK. Cramming a load of cars into fields and through country lanes in the pissing rain will always cause problems.