The Clashes

FloorFiller

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, dentalplan said:

Cat's Eyes and Oddisee don't clash. Twenty minutes between - tho I've got lost every single time I've tried to walk directly between those stages so I need to spend Wednesday and Thursday practicing.

ah right you are! may just do the same as you then, which will also allow me to see a bit of Four Tet in Stonebridge just before CSH start as well

Im not seeing to many clashes that may get on my wick. Ive got the odd dash between stages, the biggest dash tho not a far one will be from Paul Heaton/Jacqui Abbott to ELO, know how rammed the "Legends Slot" now gets I guess i may well have to cut one short to get to get a good spot for another.

main ones are Paul heaton vs nathaniel rateliff, going to result in a part set, then sun grimes vs cyndi lauper. Even the kids have a clash..they want to see madness and dynamo on the sat, he also clashes with nathaniel rateliff on the Sunday. Couple of others but will see where my mood takes me on the day.

Bat For Lashes v ELO

Guy Garvey v OMAM

Already knew about Adele v New Order

Picking Sunday Headliner..... Coldplay, Cyndi Lauper, EW&F, Newton Faulkner

My slightly unusual ones...

Ralph McTell & Madness

Finding Dory & St Paul & the Broken Bones. Should still be able to catch most of St Paul & BB though.

Friday night, is it Muse, Disclosure or Underworld?  Muse put on an amazing show and their old stuff is awesome, love Disclosure and they could have some interesting guests turn up but the thought of re-living my youth bouncing in a field to Born Slippy with Underworld is too good to be true.  

Friday is just fucking HORRIFIC.

It's a total OMNICLASH CLUSTERFUCK.

I've been staring at it over and over since I last discussed (disgust?) it briefly with @Scruffylovemonsterthis morning. 

WTAF to do?

And yeah, I know, we're lucky to be spoilt for choice...first world / middle class problems, etc. Meh meh mehhh. Shut up (me). But really?!

Muse vs Sigur Rós vs Savages + Richard Hawley

Editors vs Ezra Furman + Daughter (may head over for the second half of these)

James Blake vs M83 vs New Order

CHVRCHES vs Tame Impala vs Floating Points (friends all seeing Tame and I'll already be at the Pyramid so may watch the first half hour and see if I enjoy it more than last time I saw them)

Wolf Alice vs Jagwar Ma

PJ Harvey vs Beck

Band of Horses + The Bootleg Beatles vs Craig Charles Funk and Soul

Jeff Lynne's ELO vs Bat For Lashes

Some obviously worse than others. Missing Savages for Foals/Muse is probably the most gutting (would be Sigur Rós if I didn't have Citadel tix).

Will probably catch the first 15 mins of Beck, too. Can't see it being too hard to get a good spot at PJ Harvey.

Edit: That'd mean missing The Bootleg Beatles but oh well I saw them not long back.

Edited by Will-2609

9 hours ago, Tigerdragon said:

Sunday evening is pretty brutal too: LCD/EWF/KT Turnstall/Cyndi Lauper.

This is the killer one for me. It's usually Friday evening that has the worst clashes, at least this year its a different day!

Sunday is absolutely horrific for me clash wise -

First - Kasami Washington / Paul Heaton 

Then

Bootleg Beatles / Beck / Guy Garvey / PJ Harvey / Craig David / Lee Scratch Perry / Mac Demarco / Grimes / LCD Soundsystem / Earth Wind and Fire all running into each other one after another. 

Edited by MichaelsBeard

3 hours ago, scaryclaireyfairy said:

Beck vs Peej is the worst for me.  I'm leaning towards Beck cos his recent setlists have been great but my heart will ache to miss Polly. :( Then, to add insult to injury, I'm sort of stuck for a headliner after. 

Recent setlists are looking good but noticed no Debra... How can this be! 

Personally for me one of the strongest line ups in the last 5 years I've been going, so saying that happy that I've only got a couple of major clashes this year.

Wolf Alice V Jagwar Ma - truly awful clash would both be in my top 5 of the whole weekend. I'll be at Wolf Alice though. Not sure I'll get over this one..!

Two Door V Temperance Movement - might leave this one down to day to decide a band I've seen before and I know put on a performance & who I haven't listened to properly for a while (reinvested time today and swaying towards Two Door. Temperance Movement though are a band I've wanted to see for a while and have yet to do so "blind faithhhh explorerrr"

Roisin Murphy vs Ronnie Spector - Made easy by Savages being on the same stage afterwards and so not having to miss any of them. 

Underworld vs Sigur Ros - Would have to miss the start of both after Savages and I'm not really arsed about either. Might try to find something obscure. 

Art Garfunkel vs Santigold - Tough one as unlike most clashes there's nothing much on immediately before or after to sway the decision. Reckon Santigold would be better to get me in the mood for New Order though. 

Eska vs Post-Capatilsm Panel and Corbyn - I'll be sick of music by this point. 

Beck vs PJ Harvey - Think I'd rather see PJ really but Beck allows time to get to the Park for Grimes. 

Grimes vs LCD Soundsystem vs Cyndi Lauper - FFS.

22 hours ago, mynameismatt said:

Superhans vs Tame Impala

So gutted about this one! I even tweeted Glasto when he announced he was starting his DJ career to get him! Tame Impala for me though.