FloorFiller

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tame Impala !!! v Floating Points v Churches 

Foals v Explosions in the Sky

PJ Harvey v Mac Demarco

was anticipating the Grimes & LCD clash but it still hurts. Grimes will be my first park headliner though and should still get back to other for last hour of LCD :)

New Order v M83

Saint Etienne v Band of Horses

Beck v Stereo MCs

There are no headliners I'm interested in on the Sunday which must be a first, but later on Plaid into Kayla Painter in the Glade is going to be lush. Very happy about Tame Impala too. I was hoping to avoid the Pyramid altogether but Tame Impala and Beck are a must see.

On the plus side, my headliners have split really well – New Order (Saturday) and LCD (Sunday) being my only options (and what great options!). However, I would have happily done Underworld, Sigur Ros or Richard Hawley on Friday night. I reckon everyone I know will plump for Underworld – plus that offers my only chance to get into the Naughty Corner after a headliner.

I’ve also got Foals - Explosions in the Sky – Ronnie Spector

New Order – Mercury Rev

Madness – Jagwar Ma

Not too drastic though I reckon

Edited by Homer

I need help!

If I go The 1975 on Other 7.15-8.15 how much of Tame Impala will I miss? If they are on Pyramid 8-9.15?

Realistically how long you rekon it will take me to get there? And is this do-able if I am prepared to miss the beginning of Tame Impala?

2 minutes ago, Wellyboot said:

I need help!

If I go The 1975 on Other 7.15-8.15 how much of Tame Impala will I miss? If they are on Pyramid 8-9.15?

Realistically how long you rekon it will take me to get there? And is this do-able if I am prepared to miss the beginning of Tame Impala?

Depends on where you're standing in one and where you want to stand in the other.

Also depends on whether it's muddy or not.

But you can probably do it in 20 minutes.

Sunday night is bad, but there's no question I'll be at LCD.

Saturday on the other hand, is an utter minefield of great acts clashing or bleeding into each other. Art Garfunkel, Floating Points, Mercury Rev, Chvrches, M83, Lee Scratch Perry, Tame Impala, Ms Dynamite, A Guy Called Gerald, probably even more I haven't spotted yet. It's the most colossal pileup of clashes I've ever seen.

4 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

Depends on where you're standing in one and where you want to stand in the other.

Also depends on whether it's muddy or not.

But you can probably do it in 20 minutes.

My hero! You have made me feel better! So I can probably catch the 2nd half of Tame Impala?

3 minutes ago, Wellyboot said:

My hero! You have made me feel better! So I can probably catch the 2nd half of Tame Impala?

For sure.  If you watch The 1975 from the rear of the crowd on the side (RHS as you look at the stage) and make beeline the second they down tools and approach the Pyramid from the LHS (again, as you look at it) you could probably do it in less as the crowds should be fairly manageable.

Unless you're stopping at bars, the longdrops, etc.

43 minutes ago, SophieBee said:

I'm gutted about missing Grimes, but LCD Soundsystem definitely wins out for me. I think that's my worst clash - I'll pick Beck over PJ Harvey as I'm off to Field Day in a couple of weeks so will see her then.

Am a little gutted I'll be missing grimes but I've been wanting to see LCD Soundsystem for an age so makes it a little easy to deal with.

10 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

For sure.  If you watch The 1975 from the rear of the crowd on the side (RHS as you look at the stage) and make beeline the second they down tools and approach the Pyramid from the LHS (again, as you look at it) you could probably do it in less as the crowds should be fairly manageable.

Excellent! Then I can head back to the Other for New Order!

Just need to make sure I'm on the Right then! Feel SO relieved now!

Muse vs Disclosure.... I've seen Disclosure twice before so I'll probably stay at the pyramid since I'll be there for Foals anyway.

Coldplay and LCD clash, but I've seen Coldplay before and their recent setlists and crap so LCD probably wins that? Although I'll be seeing LCD again later in the summer so who knows, ill decide on the day.

I saw mention of Them Crooked Vultures in another thread but I can't find them anywhere on the bill, can someone tell me the stage and time?

23 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I factor in 15 mins to get from the Pyramid to the Other (and vice versa obviously!).

1 minute ago, Madyaker said:

I saw mention of Them Crooked Vultures in another thread but I can't find them anywhere on the bill, can someone tell me the stage and time?

i'm not sure where or why they were mentioned but they haven't been active for years and are definitely not on the lineup

theres a few the most heartbreaking is
pj harvey beck/craig david as i know the rest of my group will manhandle me to see craig david

explosions in the sky/bring me the horizion me and best friend love certain BMTH tracks

chrbes vloating points tame impalka