The Clashes

FloorFiller

2 minutes ago, Watergirl said:

Yep, that is a serious clash for me too.  Saw Ben Miller at Cambridge last tear.  Highly recommended.  

This is one of mine that could easily swap. The other being James v Syrian Orchestra.

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 01/06/2016 at 11:14 AM, huh? what? said:

Coming to terms with the clashes this morning. How easy is it going to be to get from PJ Harvey to Grimes? I figured I have a couple of options, A. see all of PJ Harvey and catch the end of Grimes. B. see about 20 minutes of PJ Harvey and watch the rest of Mac DeMarco. C. Just watch Mac DeMarco. I've seen Mac twice but haven't seen the other two, but seeing him at Glastonbury would just top it off. I'll probably make my decision when I'm there. My brain hurts.

Depends on how big a crowd Grimes gets really. Not sure if you've been before, but the Park stage is a straight line up from the Other Stage. If you move to the back for the last few songs of PJ Harvey, you can start walking that straight line the moment her set finishes. Perfectly feasible to see all of PJ Harvey and at least half of Grimes - quite possibly even a little bit more if you're quick about it and there isn't any mud.

Ok, so Bluedot removes the Floating Points clash, this is how the rest shape up;

James + Rokia Traore vs Paradise Bangkok
Nao vs Dakhabrakha (think this may be the saddest)
Explosions In The Sky vs Ronnie Spector
St Paul & The Broken Bones vs Baaba Maal
Santigold vs Beak> vs Art Garfunkel vs Super Hans
ELO vs Bat For Lashes
Earth Wind And Fire vs Coldplay vs Cyndi Lauper vs LCD Soundsystem (planning to catch 15-20 mins of Grimes and see the full set at Latitude).

My biggest clash which I feel gutted about is Nathaniel Rateliffe up at the Park and Michael Kiwanuka at West Holts.

It's not as if there is even any leeway to catch a bit of both as they are on at pretty much the same time.

I suspect I will opt for Kiwanuka at West Holts because I've not seen him before and I prefer the venue. I'm not that keen on the Park and I have at least seen Rateliffe before, although not in the current Night Sweats incarnation. 

Ooh! I do believe that having spelled out my dilemma here that I've actually made up my mind! Ta, folks.

5 minutes ago, JanieM28 said:

My biggest clash which I feel gutted about is Nathaniel Rateliffe up at the Park and Michael Kiwanuka at West Holts.

It's not as if there is even any leeway to catch a bit of both as they are on at pretty much the same time.

I suspect I will opt for Kiwanuka at West Holts because I've not seen him before and I prefer the venue. I'm not that keen on the Park and I have at least seen Rateliffe before, although not in the current Night Sweats incarnation. 

Ooh! I do believe that having spelled out my dilemma here that I've actually made up my mind! Ta, folks.

Fancied both of these two but have ruled the two out because of ELO. Natty R and The Sweaties (as the cool kids call them) finish just as ELO start and Michael Kiwanuka overlaps. Sad times.

34 minutes ago, BlackHole2006 said:

Kurt Vile V Shibusa Shirazu is a tough one. Gonna just see what mood I'm in at the time. If I'm in the mood for a party, I'll go to Shibusa Shirazu, if I'm in the mood for something laid back, I'll go to Kurt Vile... 

My clashes

Yak vs Craig Charles funk all dayer

Sigur Ros vs Underworld - This is 50/50. If I'm at Roisin Murphy then I'll stay for Underworld. If I'm not then who who knows?

Kurt Vile vs Ozric Tentacles vs Shirazu Orchestra for me..... I've decided I'm seeing the Shirazu Orchestra on the Hell stage that nigh so it removes them.

Art Garfunkel vs Floating Points - I am going to go to Floating Points. I think his crowd may not be the biggest, but I think it could be the set of my weekend.

22 minutes ago, JanieM28 said:

I have never heard of Michael Kiwanuka and decided to youtube him following your post. Really enjoying what I am hearing. Thanks.

9 minutes ago, eastynh said:

They are up against St Etienne as well I think. 

I am more of a St Etienne fan but I have never seen the Stereo MC's

You should be able to manage both - one finishes at 7pm and the other starts at 7pm.

Friday is the motherfucker of all time - Muse/Sigur Ros/Hawley/Barclay James Harvest/Underworld - the three most progressive acts on the bill, one legendary rave act and one of the best modern songwriters in the business. It's doing my swede in frankly.