1. 1. Are we IN or OUT

• IN
    • OUT

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

56 minutes ago, Mr.Tease said:

Nope,  they are two completely different things, you can be mentally ill and not be a murderer and you can be a murderer and not mentally ill. Hate isn't a mental illness. Depression, anxiety, personality disorders, bipolar, etc are very natural responses by your brain,  body and emotions to difficult life events, traumas and experiences. Murder is not. 

I've got plenty of hate but am never going to kill anyone. Takes a twisted brain to do that.

Quite liked this video from an academic looking at the actual consequences of leaving.

7 minutes ago, phil the shrew said:

Turkey aren't joining the EU. They have been asking to join since 1963 and have only met one of 35 criteria to do so. Plus even if they did each country in the EU can veto them joining. Basic understanding of EU will show that to be the case - if that's the best Leave have as an argument it not a great reflection on the benefits of leaving 

He's a troll, but the funny thing is he's a stereotype of a Leave supporter -- complete ignorance and lies.

13 minutes ago, DeanoL said:

I've got plenty of hate but am never going to kill anyone. Takes a twisted brain to do that.

And likewise plenty of people struggle with mental health but aren't going to kill anyone. 

13 minutes ago, majormajormajor said:

He's a troll, but the funny thing is he's a stereotype of a Leave supporter -- complete ignorance and lies.

I guessed he/she was on a wind up but always worth countering some ranting with a few facts. Wet Liberal that I am I hope once in a blew moon these kind of trolls might actually engage in some meaningful debate

45 minutes ago, DeanoL said:

Quite liked this video from an academic looking at the actual consequences of leaving.

That was fascinating - and a very lucid and very fair explanation of the pros and cons of EU membership, albeit one which came down firmly on the side of remaining.

And, although he said he was personally in favour of remaining, he did point out that it wouldn't do much for his credibility as a researcher and professor of law if he didn't properly explain the possible consequences of leaving.

i was amused when he said he had been gobsmacked at the ignorance of prominent campaigners on BOTH sides. 

Well worth watching - Ta!

Edited by JanieM28

OECD 2015. UK health provision... "Outstandingly poor prevention. Short staffing due to lack of funding. Under equipped and patients dying due to chronic lack of investment".

Controlled Health Care budget + Health Authority over spend + uncontrolled immigration = disaster.

Let's welcome the nice 85 million population of Albania, Macedonia, Montenegro, Serbia and Turkey. 

Vote IN to screw the NHS.

#goteamCameron

I think you are being too moderate Thevorpalblade.  Why not invite all 8 billion people on the planet to our country.  It's obviously what David Cameron wants.  They all want to come. It's probably the weather. Or the racist idiots shooting politicians they disagree with.

Sorry, when I said "moderate" I meant "a complete idiot".

Stop posting the same thing over and over.  You made your point already, plenty of people told you how silly it is.  Stop it now please.

5 minutes ago, Thevorpalblade said:

OECD 2015. UK health provision... "Outstandingly poor prevention. Short staffing due to lack of funding. Under equipped and patients dying due to chronic lack of investment".

Controlled Health Care budget + Health Authority over spend + uncontrolled immigration = disaster.

Let's welcome the nice 85 million population of Albania, Macedonia, Montenegro, Serbia and Turkey. 

Vote IN to screw the NHS.

#goteamCameron

How are we welcoming Albania, Macedonia, Montenegro, Serbia and Turkey? None of those countries are even close to joining the EU. The NHS could not cope without immigrants working there and their funding will be hit if we leave. You need to have a little google deary as you clearly are embarrassingly under-researched and you make yourself look a little silly. 

Edited by danbailey80

"Polish national Piotr Kupiec, 28, who is on the Interpol most wanted list, was arrested after an investigation into gangland killings, theft, violence and murder. One of the world's most wanted men has been found working at s British branch of Subway. Piotr Kupiec, 28, was arrested as a result of investigations into Gangland killings, theft and violence and murder of a football fan."

Vote IN for unfettered access to all.

3 hours ago, Thevorpalblade said:

Who will join me in order to arrange for cheap travel to Britain for the 85 million Turkish and other imminent joiners of the European Community. We can make loads of money!

The UK can afford to pay their benefits: we're loaded. The UK can afford to pay for their education: school classes sizes aren't large enough. The UK can afford to give them medical treatment: the treatment waiting times aren't long enough.

I'm voting IN.

Your argument would be vaguely relevant if Turkey were joining the EU. They aren't even close. 

2 hours ago, Thevorpalblade said:

"Polish national Piotr Kupiec, 28, who is on the Interpol most wanted list, was arrested after an investigation into gangland killings, theft, violence and murder. One of the world's most wanted men has been found working at s British branch of Subway. Piotr Kupiec, 28, was arrested as a result of investigations into Gangland killings, theft and violence and murder of a football fan."

Vote IN for unfettered access to all.

Do you want to think about that argument for a moment?

He's one of Interpol's most wanted. So he'll be on no fly lists. So the only way he got out of Poland and into the UK was with false documentation. So he wasn't travelling legally anyway. So whether or not we allow legal immigration from the EU is irrelevant in this case.

Stupid question, I'm afraid, but, perhaps, the more knowledgeable among you may be able to answer with some facts (not opinions). 

I've been reading as much as I can before putting my cross in the box and came across the Q & As in the Indie, one of which was:

Are there any grounds on which an EU state can prevent another European citizen from visiting or from migrating?

Yes, there are. In principle any EU citizen has the right to seek and take work in any member state and have the same tax regime and social benefits as anyone else. Member states are, however, allowed to refuse entry on the grounds of “public policy, public security or public health”. A known German criminal could not demand the right to come to Britain to compete with our own criminals.

There is also another restriction. Freedom of movement does not apply to jobs in the “public service”.  

If our government, whether blue, red, or any other colour, wanted to restrict/limit/control, wouldn't they be able to do it on 'public policy, public security...'grounds? For example: we don't accept convicted murderers or suspected terrorists.

Why wouldn't this be feasible under current freedom of movement rules?

Edited by JanieM28

3 hours ago, Thevorpalblade said:

OECD 2016: "concern over pressure placed on schools by immigration. Larger classes hamper children's education".

Controlled education expenditure + uncontrolled immigration = disaster.

Vote IN to screw our children's future.

#goteamHunt

I am a primary school teacher in London and I know this is not true. The best thing about you is the fact you fit the classic brexit cliché moron. If someone undecided read your posts they'd be put off leaving as even the most basicly educated would know your comments are moronic, borderline simpleton. So please keep posting so we can have a good laugh. 

Edited by danbailey80