Shangri-La Lineup!

NoBallGames

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

yeah i'd say so - headlined an arena on their last tour and are only getting bigger. JP headliner would be a step down for them. third on Pyramid seems the most fitting spot but there doesn't really seem to be much room there unless we've got something wrong

Them and Beck could be 3rd down Fri and Sun with the ELO info being incorrect, or they could be below BMTH with PJ Harvey 3rd down, if LCD are Friday.

Reading Mark Ronson's new album specifically in the middle "In addition to to writing lyrics alongside Pulitzer Prize -winning novelist Michael Chabon, the multi-instrumentalist DJ/producer enlists musical genius of all stripes, from Tame Impala's Kevin Parker to Mystikal to Jeff Bhasker"

Explains why we might just see Kevin Parker with Ronson. He has three songs featuring Kevin Parker on his new album

1 minute ago, NoBallGames said:

Reading Mark Ronson's new album specifically in the middle "In addition to to writing lyrics alongside Pulitzer Prize -winning novelist Michael Chabon, the multi-instrumentalist DJ/producer enlists musical genius of all stripes, from Tame Impala's Kevin Parker to Mystikal to Jeff Bhasker"

Explains why we might just see Kevin Parker with Ronson. He has three songs featuring Kevin Parker on his new album

That's his old album from last year.

14 minutes ago, 6t6o6m said:

Can some explain Shangri-la to me please?

i thought it was a dance area, but they have Reef?!

Lots of stuff other than dance music going on in there. The Deluxe Diner always has a good selection of ska, old school r'n'r and soul (Craig Charles virtually lives there). And there was an anarcho punk micro venue as well last year!

Just now, Badlands said:

That's his old album from last year.

Yeah I haven't messed with him much. I just see it is his newest album I can see. I was more concerned with figuring out if Tame Impala will be at Glasto and given these circumstances I do believe it guts those chances some.  

Quite a few I'd like to see here (EE, Kate Tempest, Jamie Jones to name a few). Hopefully the times aren't too far off now so I can see what's doable!

The Kevin Parker booking is definitely intriguing but I'm still not convinced Tame Impala will be there.

2 minutes ago, musky said:

Lots of stuff other than dance music going on in there. The Deluxe Diner always has a good selection of ska, old school r'n'r and soul (Craig Charles virtually lives there). And there was an anarcho punk micro venue as well last year!

Thanks, I like a bit of ska.

I think I'm looking forward to Wilkinson most from that list. Hopefully he gets added to Arcadia or similar.

9 minutes ago, Will-2609 said:

Them and Beck could be 3rd down Fri and Sun with the ELO info being incorrect, or they could be below BMTH with PJ Harvey 3rd down, if LCD are Friday.

yeah if you bump ZZ Top down from our expected third placing i guess it could make room for Tame Impala to fit in third on either the Friday or the Sunday

I thought Kevin Parker basically was Tame Impala?  I know there's a live band but he does all the recordings and song writing solo.  No reason why they won't crop up somewhere.

7 minutes ago, 6t6o6m said:

Thanks, I like a bit of ska.

I think I'm looking forward to Wilkinson most from that list. Hopefully he gets added to Arcadia or similar.

If the Trojans (Gaz Mayall's band) play again this year go see them. You won't regret it!

Shibusashirazu (渋さ知らズ Shibusashirazu?, roughly, "we don't understand/are unaffected by cool"), often lengthened to Shibusashirazu Orchestra, is a popular Japanese free jazz orchestra. The group was formed in 1989 by bassist Daisuke Fuwa and since then many of Japan's best free jazz musicians, Butoh dancers and other performance artists have passed through the orchestra.

The majority of the group's original work is composed and arranged by Daisuke Fuwa. Their style stems from the free jazz movement of the 60s, with the influence of 80s punk and No Wave. Although featuring extended free improvisation, there is also an element of rock music that makes the orchestra more accessible to a wider audience than a lot of other free jazz.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shibusashirazu_Orchestra

:o

10 minutes ago, FuzzyDunlop said:

LBHQ presents - loving that.

Craig Charles - Always great

Craig has a new show on radio 2 late saturdays i think, called the craig charles house  party. I am downloading now. if you like funk, soul, disco and basically anything that makes your body move, worth a listen. can't wait to dance along with him at Glastonbury