Silver Hayes Lineup

pastorofmuppets

Overall I think it's pretty weak as others have pointed out from previous years. Out of the lineup, I'm probably looking forward to Red Axes the most, simply because I've not seen them yet. Same with Fatima Yamaha. Man Power was brilliant last year in the Beat Hotel, so I'll try catch him again, and Palms Trax is always worth a watch.

In general though I'm not too fussed, I can hardly recall spending any real time in Silver Hayes. I'd of liked some more live stuff, like last year we got Mathew Herbert, which despite the problems on stage, was great fun to watch. That's what I feel is missing here, the likes of Kiasmos, Tiga Live. Instead of a bunch of djs, most of us can see any other night. 

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

40 minutes ago, _daveyboy said:

Overall I think it's pretty weak as others have pointed out from previous years. Out of the lineup, I'm probably looking forward to Red Axes the most, simply because I've not seen them yet. Same with Fatima Yamaha. Man Power was brilliant last year in the Beat Hotel, so I'll try catch him again, and Palms Trax is always worth a watch.

In general though I'm not too fussed, I can hardly recall spending any real time in Silver Hayes. I'd of liked some more live stuff, like last year we got Mathew Herbert, which despite the problems on stage, was great fun to watch. That's what I feel is missing here, the likes of Kiasmos, Tiga Live. Instead of a bunch of djs, most of us can see any other night. 

Blackalicious, Borns, Bugzy Malone, Haelos, Honne, Lady Leshurr, NAO, Proteje, Raleigh Ritchie, Slamboree, Sorceress, Stormzy amd Tiggs Da Author are all live sets at least. 

I think it's quite a strong lineup such a mix on there. 

2 hours ago, Junglist1981 said:

Out of that list Annie Mac is the most likely headliner I'd say. Not my cuppa tea, but she's huge in some quarters. If she's not then they must be keeping back the headliners.

Yeah I agree. I saw Annie Mac headline Arcadia Bristol in September and she did a pretty good job (loads better than I was expecting), and as others have pointed out headlines her own festival.

The Arcadia thing had Eats Everything, Monki and GotSome, all of which are on that poster. Perhaps a similar line up for one of the nights?

3 hours ago, Junglist1981 said:

Out of that list Annie Mac is the most likely headliner I'd say. Not my cuppa tea, but she's huge in some quarters. If she's not then they must be keeping back the headliners.

Essential mix is a strange one as it's normally broadcast in the middle of the night. Last time year on the hell stage it was 1-4, but Sonic stage shuts at half 12 right? Either something will be open really late for a change, or they're gonna do a silent disco essential mix (surely not?!).

Ooooo, perhaps it will be Sasha and Digweed! I don't care how unlikely it is, I'm clinging on to that. 

they'll probably just record it and broadcast it a few hours later. pretty sure they've done that with some other "live" EMs.

21 hours ago, dentalplan said:

I didn't even see DJ Premier!

Look at all this stuff I'm probably gonna have to miss!

Just had a listen to his boiler room as I wasn't aware what his sets were like. 

Does he MC/shout over the tracks in all of his sets?

3 hours ago, Junglist1981 said:

Essential mix is a strange one as it's normally broadcast in the middle of the night. Last time year on the hell stage it was 1-4, but Sonic stage shuts at half 12 right? Either something will be open really late for a change, or they're gonna do a silent disco essential mix (surely not?!).

Ooooo, perhaps it will be Sasha and Digweed! I don't care how unlikely it is, I'm clinging on to that. 

Most essential mixes from events are recorded and replayed the next week. Creamfields, global, TITP etc.

No reason why that shouldnt happen at glastonbury this year.

26 minutes ago, J1990 said:

Just had a listen to his boiler room as I wasn't aware what his sets were like. 

Does he MC/shout over the tracks in all of his sets?

i'm just listening to it now.  so many great tunes, but that shouting... lets hope it's a bit less irritating when you're actually in he crowd!

4 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

Should be renamed 'The Area Formerly Known as the Dance Village"

That could be expanded into quite a nice site-wide idea as a one off. 

JP - the area formerly known as the outdoor cinema

West Holts - formerly known as Jazz/World

Other - formerly known as NME

William's Green - formerly known as Queen's Head

and so on...

1 minute ago, Morgs74 said:

Sorry if this has already been discussed....  Is Feel my Bicep definitely Bicep?  And if so what's the difference?  Why aren't they just down as Bicep?

@Matt42 met them and they said they were playing one of the parties in WOW, Feel My Bicep is the name of the label, so they're probably putting on the party