Next Announcement thread

Matt42

• Replies 3.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, SwedgeAntilles said:

Anything in that PM to shake your belief @eFestivals?

nothing more than he said here really.

Ultimately, what anyone thinks towards how the situation might be is led by what they put a greater belief in. He's got his good reasons for what he thinks, and I have them for mine.

His info could be spot on for all I know, but for whatever reasons I've not be convinced by anything put to me so far saying they're not playing, because there doesn't appear to be an alternative story.

4 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

Ultimately, what anyone thinks towards how the situation might be is led by what they put a greater belief in. He's got his good reasons for what he thinks, and I have them for mine.

His info could be spot on for all I know, but for whatever reasons I've not be convinced by anything put to me so far saying they're not playing, because there doesn't appear to be an alternative story.

That's good enough for me. Bring on the weekend!

5 minutes ago, eFestivals said:

I'll take that!

1 minute ago, ghostdancer1 said:

so if we're all so convinced that the Adele-sub is some alternative name and not Disclosure, that means we're settled on them headlining the Other Stage?

Yep.

No idea where that leaves LCD or BMTH though. You'd assume LCD would headline Other on Sunday.

Just now, eFestivals said:

it doesn't seem likely, as there's a bowie tribute at The Park as the headliner on Saturday.

I could see them putting more than one tribute on the main stages. They're happening everywhere; and the two we have any indication of the time of are both Saturday night (Park and Greenpeace DJ's in Heds Party).

The old band plus guest singers thing would be pretty swell for one of the big stages. Maybe not in the Saturday sub slot but I'd hope they at least pursued that idea.

Just now, dentalplan said:

The old band plus guest singers thing would be pretty swell for one of the big stages. Maybe not in the Saturday sub slot but I'd hope they at least pursued that idea.

Who do you think it would be? Lorde is certainly an option, Michael C Hall as well. 

Just now, Alex DeLarge said:

Who do you think it would be? Lorde is certainly an option, Michael C Hall as well. 

I bet they could get a variety between the performers and punters. Paul Heaton, Richard Ashcroft, Rita Ora... possibilities are endless.

Just now, CaledonianGonzo said:

Bowie and the lads (excluding Bowie) have been mentioned as playing, so they should still crop up somewhere.

Like properly self confirmed? Had no idea. That's awesome.

4 minutes ago, dentalplan said:

Like properly self confirmed? Had no idea. That's awesome.

Confirmed by Emily, although reading it back again it's not as locked down as I'd remembered.

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/music/news/glastonbury-festival-2016-emily-eavis-reveals-how-the-festival-will-pay-tribute-to-david-bowie-a6959961.html

3 minutes ago, CaledonianGonzo said:

I see. I don't think it will be but that'd have been a great use of an evening Pyramid slot, wouldn't it? Generous crowd, Bowie classics, little bit of a game of not knowing who'll come on and sing next, Heroes cover backdrop. It'd still be good at some other point in the day but when everyone's up and there'd be a bumper crowd it would be on point.