Balance payments

skunkmedic

So I have had issues around work paying me wages and holiday pay owed, the issues have been addressed but it turns out I won't be paid what I'm owed until next Friday. I'm gutted, I have no money and literally no way offering any to pay the balance. I'm at a loose end and have no idea what to do :(

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've had similar issues having just finished a job I was working for this very problem. The fuckers have messed me around something rotten!!

Could you not threaten your company with legal action if they dont resolve the matter? Ask to see if a friend or family member could front you the cash in the mean time?

Still not paid my balance yet. CAn I pay and still change my mind and give the ticket back at a later stage?

9 hours ago, alframsey said:

So I have had issues around work paying me wages and holiday pay owed, the issues have been addressed but it turns out I won't be paid what I'm owed until next Friday. I'm gutted, I have no money and literally no way offering any to pay the balance. I'm at a loose end and have no idea what to do :(

I would email glastohq. You have nothing to lose

I am paying my balance today. Managed to borrow a few hundred quid to cover my girlfriend's brother's ticket.

He has until the 6th May to get his paperwork together for the PA ticket and if he can't at least I only lose £15. I want to give him the chance to sort it and not just put his back in as he had such a fun time last year!

10 hours ago, alframsey said:

Ask your bank for a temporary overdraft, explain the situation with your employer and that you will be getting the money soon. The worst thing that can happen is they say no. With current interest rates it will cost pennies.

9 hours ago, LondonTom said:

Christ its getting a little expensive.

its the first time i have ever really questioned what it costs.

I worked out for 4 people's general admission tickets, all fees and one car park ticket you get £25 change out of a grand.

They would only have to put the price up by £5 next year and the car park up by £5 to break that £1,000 barrier next year.

you can spin in whichever way though, when you compare the price to Medium sized festivals that cost £180 the price is quite reasonable. A bit more money for a lot more value. plus you can take your own booze.

but you can't get away from the fact its now essentially £250 (including your share of a car park ticket) before travel, food, drink, camping gear and other sundries have even been thought about.

a budget festival would see you spend £500 total all in.

Edited by Memory Man

Just a paranoid check. My other half paid for the tickets last night and have the email confirmation however it says this on the email.... 

"A ticket has been purchased for you to attend GLASTONBURY 2016 at Worthy Farm, Pilton-Somerset on 24-26 June 2016"

We've got Thursday coach tickets but the 24th is the Friday. Am I right to assume this still means we have Thursday tickets as I've not heard of any tickets just for 24th-26th?

11 minutes ago, ourkid1984 said:

Just a paranoid check. My other half paid for the tickets last night and have the email confirmation however it says this on the email.... 

"A ticket has been purchased for you to attend GLASTONBURY 2016 at Worthy Farm, Pilton-Somerset on 24-26 June 2016"

We've got Thursday coach tickets but the 24th is the Friday. Am I right to assume this still means we have Thursday tickets as I've not heard of any tickets just for 24th-26th?

thats the official festival date friday saturday sunday

8 minutes ago, gerardfenton18 said:

thats the official festival date friday saturday sunday

Thanks, I was aware that was the official date of the festival just really wanted to know whether this was a standard email which I suspect it is and therefore there is nothing to worry about.

34 minutes ago, Memory Man said:

its the first time i have ever really questioned what it costs.

I worked out for 4 people's general admission tickets, all fees and one car park ticket you get £25 change out of a grand.

They would only have to put the price up by £5 next year and the car park up by £5 to break that £1,000 barrier next year.

you can spin in whichever way though, when you compare the price to Medium sized festivals that cost £180 the price is quite reasonable. A bit more money for a lot more value. plus you can take your own booze.

but you can't get away from the fact its now essentially £250 (including your share of a car park ticket) before travel, food, drink, camping gear and other sundries have even been thought about.

a budget festival would see you spend £500 total all in.

Yes, you can really go on a fabulous week's holiday for what glastonbury costs these days. I always said it's time to pack it in when entry alone costs £250. I guess it wont be long before that is put to the test.

I first attended when I was 18. My financial resources back then amounted to not much more than fuck all. It would have been absolutely impossible for me to attend the current incarnation of glastonbury. 

How do the yoof afford it?

Edited by russycarps

You can compare it to a week's holiday, but I suspect any type of holiday will have a much bigger deposit than Glastonbury. With the festival, you have six months to save £180 once you've paid your deposit. The rest of it can be done very cheaply if you're willing to push yourself.

Possible idea for the festival might be the monthly payment type thing others are doing.

1 hour ago, russycarps said:

Yes, you can really go on a fabulous week's holiday for what glastonbury costs these days. I always said it's time to pack it in when entry alone costs £250. I guess it wont be long before that is put to the test.

I first attended when I was 18. My financial resources back then amounted to not much more than fuck all. It would have been absolutely impossible for me to attend the current incarnation of glastonbury. 

Work poorly paid part time jobs at all hours of the day and night, sacrifice studying, food, drink and any social life 

It's quite easy actually 

1 hour ago, russycarps said:

i think its an interesting debate to have, I certainly agree that it would be difficult financially for a young person to go these days.

having said that my student sister in law is coming this year and has gone with us each year throughout university. she is by no means well off. i suppose its prioritising what is important to you.

but yes it'd be a big, big stretch to an 18 year old without a student loan without financial assistance

It's interesting that the medium size festivals are trying to get away with charging around £200 a ticket, I was looking at Bestival this year and don't really see how it can be justified. On the one hand you have Glastonbury, which offers a hell of a lot more in terms of entertainment (and length), on the other you have small festivals offering similar line ups for £100 or less.

Would be interested in seeing Glastonbury doing discounted tickets for under 25s, seeing as the government wants to withdraw all support to this age group. Guess it would be a bit more of a pain on the gates having to check ID, but can see issues in the festivals future without it attracting new (young) blood.

I went to my first at 17 and the tickets were about £100, I worked in a supermarket for a fiver an hour (a lot more than my friends!), think the same job now pays around £7. If I was that age again I wouldn't be able to justify going at the current price - especially with the amount of smaller events that have established themselves over the last 10-15 years.

Edited by blackred

1 minute ago, Smeble said:

I suspect the price charged for festivals is more to do with what it costs to put on than what you get for your money.

Definitely, though I'm surprised they continue to sell well when they offer comparaitively poor value to the punter.

36 minutes ago, blackred said:

It's interesting that the medium size festivals are trying to get away with charging around £200 a ticket, I was looking at Bestival this year and don't really see how it can be justified. On the one hand you have Glastonbury, which offers a hell of a lot more in terms of entertainment (and length), on the other you have small festivals offering similar line ups for £100 or less.

Would be interested in seeing Glastonbury doing discounted tickets for under 25s, seeing as the government wants to withdraw all support to this age group. Guess it would be a bit more of a pain on the gates having to check ID, but can see issues in the festivals future without it attracting new (young) blood.

I went to my first at 17 and the tickets were about £100, I worked in a supermarket for a fiver an hour (a lot more than my friends!), think the same job now pays around £7. If I was that age again I wouldn't be able to justify going at the current price - especially with the amount of smaller events that have established themselves over the last 10-15 years.

At the very least there should be discounted tickets for students and the unemployed.