Adele sub headliner?

Mark Pooler

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 hours ago, arcade fireman said:

I'm pretty sure it's been said on here before that the organisers do consider who makes a "sub". Depending on who's headlining and what the other stages have on, they often either like putting two very different acts on to turn over the crowd more, or they like putting two acts on as a "package". This certainly seems to fit with other years. 

Well I can't argue with the evidence that the subs are always acts that are eitherlike the headliner or not like the headliner! :D

11 hours ago, wilem said:

But evidence shows that organisers HAVE to put effort into thinking about subs in the event that they bump them to headline (like 2015). I also think that they do put just as much effort into the order of acts lower down - I can easily see discussions breaking out about who should play fifth or fourth in relation to each other etc. frankly, I've been known to use the term "sub sub" before to describe the act third down - I really don't think it's just an emphasis on the top two, nor on pyramid/other exclusively. I'd easily talk about who "subs" WH or The Park etc. I referred to Jamie XX's slot as "subbing" last year..... But hey, maybe I'm just an enthusiast of the idea of the sub.... that may be the case actually. 

Well Florence last year was an anomaly. But it's one that also speaks to how little the running order matters even with the headliner spot. I'm almost certain that the initial conversations would have been around having the Libertines replace the Foo's, but when it became apparent that they'd have to be kept secret and not shown on TV, Florence was bumped up instead.

I'd agree that a degree of thought is given to the stage running order a whole, and the bookers will have an ideal take on how it should go, but practical considerations will override those more often than not - who is available what day, what bands have to do the afternoon as they're gigging elsewhere the evening (I know one act on Other was shifted around last year for just that reason).

21 minutes ago, stuartbert two hats said:

I checked into this thread yesterday and because I didn't have a good signal, I decided to start at page 7.  

Did I miss anything?

Radiohead will sub Adele.

Edited by Woffy
...according to Martin and 'history'.

33 minutes ago, Scruffylovemonster said:

It's used fairly often round the environs of west Yorkshire. I myself am partial to shouting it at other drivers. 

As if you nearly wasted the chance to use the word environs

Edited by GETOFFAMYLAWN
You c**t

4 hours ago, Martin Ashford said:

I think it will be a huge name. Somebody that would be a perfect headliner in their own right. Michaels already said it's the best line up ever. History tells me it's Radiohead.

Next hel be saying it was the best one ever & that next years heard liners are already booked 

6 hours ago, shoptildrop said:

I could not even imagine the fallout if Special Guests was announced on the lineup and it turned out to be Spice girls rather than Radiohead, the outrage would be hilarious :lol::D

I dunno, I reckon there would be thousands of people bursting with excitement for a bit of "Zig a zig ah". :D

Just now, russycarps said:

but they've sold loads of records! They arent playing any other festivals! It would be a real coup for the festival! 

You sir get a thumbs up for a higher level of sarcasm than I have seen in a while