Adele sub headliner?

Mark Pooler

• Replies 690
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Disclosure will surely wheel out Sam Smith who will certainly go down well with the Adele fans.

no...he can't...absolutely can't...not a chance...not his smug face....not when many of us are still hoping/expecting Radiohead to be slotted there...

1 hour ago, Spindles said:

I'd have stuck someone in between ZZ Top and Foals, but that aside I wouldn't be at all surprised if that was pretty much the running order.

Reckon Beck could easily be in between Foals and ZZ Top instead of being on the Sunday. Would certainly make more sense than having him between the Suday legend and Ellie Goulding - there'll be a mass exodus for him if he's stuck there imo

1 minute ago, FloorFiller said:

Reckon Beck could easily be in between Foals and ZZ Top instead of being on the Sunday. Would certainly make more sense than having him between the Suday legend and Ellie Goulding - there'll be a mass exodus for him if he's stuck there imo

That's what I mean about the predicted Pyramid stage lineup being bizarre. I know they try and  get variety on that stage, but ELO > Beck > Ellie Goulding > Coldplay is just a bit mental.

1 hour ago, Spindles said:

I'd have stuck someone in between ZZ Top and Foals, but that aside I wouldn't be at all surprised if that was pretty much the running order.

ZZ are pretty big tho. They regularly do arenas here and would place highly on any festival lineup in the world. Third is right for them.

24 minutes ago, FloorFiller said:

He could and to be fair Skepta is the type of act from the hip hop scene that I can see being 5th down instead of 4th. 

You know which act would fit nicely 3rd Sunday instead of Beck ;)

4 hours ago, theDandy said:

I reckon the Pyramid then is looking like:

Friday -- MUSE // FOALS // ZZ TOP

Saturday - ADELE // DISCLOSURE // THE LAST SHADOW PUPPETS // MADNESS

Sunday - COLDPLAY // ELLIE GOULDING // BECK // JEFF LYNNE'S ELO

Seems as good a place as any to ask, is it time to give up on the dream of Tame Impala appearing this year? Have I missed any info? I was still thinking they could do 3rd down on the Sunday with Beck maybe slotting in between Foals and ZZ Top on the Friday. Seems odd to not have them playing when they have a space in their schedule, aren't doing any other UK festivals and had one of the best received albums of last year

On 25/03/2016 at 2:47 PM, yaniv297 said:

Do people actually believe it's a realistic possibility that Radiohead will sub ANYONE? let alone sub Muse or Coldplay... just not going to happen. 

They'll likely to headline 2017, maybe get a secret slot at a small stage this year like 2011.

The absence of Tame Impala this year is something i simply cannot get my head around. Its perplexing. Theyre doing Rosklide a week after G. Whatever gone down, its a bloody travesty theyre not there.

14 minutes ago, T-Mouse said:

The absence of Tame Impala this year is something i simply cannot get my head around. Its perplexing. Theyre doing Rosklide a week after G. Whatever gone down, its a bloody travesty theyre not there.

I'm just hoping they've left them off the poster so there's still a big Pyramid act left to announce. 

Tbh, it would be unacceptable if they aren't there. If they have booked Ellie Fucking Goulding and not Tame Impala they really need to sort their shit out.

Just now, jparx said:

I'm just hoping they've left them off the poster so there's still a big Pyramid act left to announce. 

Tbh, it would be unacceptable if they aren't there. If they have booked Ellie Fucking Goulding and not Tame Impala they really need to sort their shit out.

Goulding's an absolutely chronic booking.

31 minutes ago, DGrant261 said:

Seems as good a place as any to ask, is it time to give up on the dream of Tame Impala appearing this year? Have I missed any info? I was still thinking they could do 3rd down on the Sunday with Beck maybe slotting in between Foals and ZZ Top on the Friday. Seems odd to not have them playing when they have a space in their schedule, aren't doing any other UK festivals and had one of the best received albums of last year

I reckon a lot more bands will be announced, they were one of the biggest surprise omissions so wouldn't be too shocked if they were announced further down the line, but you never know 

1 minute ago, theDandy said:

I reckon a lot more bands will be announced, they were one of the biggest surprise omissions so wouldn't be too shocked if they were announced further down the line, but you never know 

Aye, that's what I keep telling my friends, but the thing is I'm struggling to see where they'd slot in. Maybe, Sunday on the other might have the very strong top 3 of...

BMTH///Tame Impala///PJ Harvey

Other sub or 3rd on Pyramid is their natural fit as I see it.  I'd be insanely happy if either option came up.

In the radio interview EE said that the full lineup with stage splits and times would be released in April, so at least we should know how much of a clash hell it will be and who else we get the chance to see.  There have been surprises quite high on the bill on the last few lineups that weren't mentioned in the initial poster, I live in hope.

8 minutes ago, DGrant261 said:

Aye, that's what I keep telling my friends, but the thing is I'm struggling to see where they'd slot in. Maybe, Sunday on the other might have the very strong top 3 of...

BMTH///Tame Impala///PJ Harvey

I thought high up on Pyramid or Other or even John Peel headliner? 

What about Friday under LCD for Tame Impala? I can't see LCD headlining with Bastille subbing, especially when The 1975 are 3rd down on the Other, having already released a second number one album. Too much crossover with Foals, if they were to sub Muse perhaps? 

16 minutes ago, theDandy said:

John Peel headliner? 

This was something that was being talked about last years before Currents turned them into an arena sized band, think they've moved well past this now tbh.

7 minutes ago, kingbadger said:

What about Friday under LCD for Tame Impala? I can't see LCD headlining with Bastille subbing, especially when The 1975 are 3rd down on the Other, having already released a second number one album. Too much crossover with Foals, if they were to sub Muse perhaps? 

Beneath LCD is a decent shout I guess, but christ the Foals/Tame Impala clash would be a nightmare for so many of us. 

3rd down on Saturdays pyramid was another idea I had but we know Madness are 4th and people seem sure Last Shadow Puppets are doing the Saturday and with the others top 3 taken it seems 3rd down is the only place they can really go so that's probably not an option. 

20 minutes ago, DGrant261 said:

This was something that was being talked about last years before Currents turned them into an arena sized band, think they've moved well past this now tbh.

Beneath LCD is a decent shout I guess, but christ the Foals/Tame Impala clash would be a nightmare for so many of us. 

3rd down on Saturdays pyramid was another idea I had but we know Madness are 4th and people seem sure Last Shadow Puppets are doing the Saturday and with the others top 3 taken it seems 3rd down is the only place they can really go so that's probably not an option. 

aye i'd rather they didn't play at all than have them clashing with Foals - this years lineup (especially the Friday) is already looking to potentially be very clashtastic as it is without adding more to the fold. almost expecting the Sunday to have a shite/uninspiring selection of headliners again as seems to have been tradition (as much as i loved Chemical Brothers, hardly pioneering stuff)

3 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

aye i'd rather they didn't play at all than have them clashing with Foals - this years lineup (especially the Friday) is already looking to potentially be very clashtastic as it is without adding more to the fold. almost expecting the Sunday to have a shite/uninspiring selection of headliners again as seems to have been tradition (as much as i loved Chemical Brothers, hardly pioneering stuff)

Yeah Friday is shaping up to have a good selection of headliners to choose from. 

Whilst I agree with your comment on Sunday headliners I'd argue BMTH is a fairly bold move for Glasto, whether they're shite of not is obviously a personal opinion but I interpret their booking as trying something a bit different and not so repetitive I guess (If only the same could be said of our pyramid headliners)

5 hours ago, DGrant261 said:

Yeah Friday is shaping up to have a good selection of headliners to choose from. 

Whilst I agree with your comment on Sunday headliners I'd argue BMTH is a fairly bold move for Glasto, whether they're shite of not is obviously a personal opinion but I interpret their booking as trying something a bit different and not so repetitive I guess (If only the same could be said of our pyramid headliners)

It is a bold move but they have a tour that is hard to justify anything but there. It's a case of right position wrong festival for it maybe.

9 hours ago, FloorFiller said:

Honestly that always used to seem like the case.  Some years the lineup on Sunday seemed designed to encourage people to leave early and beat the traffic.

2 hours ago, Spindles said:

Honestly that always used to seem like the case.  Some years the lineup on Sunday seemed designed to encourage people to leave early and beat the traffic.

They shut down the Park early on Sundays for some reason now, leading a crowd (including me) to believe there was a secret headliner there the other year.

It's probably also because they give free tickets to the locals on Sunday so want the best stuff on the other days...

16 minutes ago, rpfranks said:

They shut down the Park early on Sundays for some reason now, leading a crowd (including me) to believe there was a secret headliner there the other year.

It's probably also because they give free tickets to the locals on Sunday so want the best stuff on the other days...

Maybe they've been conditioning people over the last few years to believe the stage closes earlier, so this year when Pink Floyd play people won't be expecting it. It's been the plan for years.

;)