Confirmed Food Vendors 2016

JoBalls

• Replies 403
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Soulful Food Co have confirmed they will be there this year!

Me and my friend stumbled across them last year, just right of the Other Stage. We got a thai green curry and pulled pork and chorizo one pot dish. Really amazing food, we bopped around to Clean Bandit while we were eating it :)

Will be paying a visit this year, highly recommend!!

Screen Shot 2016-04-15 at 20.08.31.png

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/9/2016 at 10:11 PM, Porcelina said:

Praying for Happy Maki vegan sushi to be back, had about four last year - near William's Green.

Twisted Burger Co not far from the West Holts was pretty impressive too. I know they're everywhere in Sheffield.

Oh my gawd. I did not know Twisted Burger where there. Fingers crossed for them again... me and the boyfriend head to the Harley at least once a month for a burger and a pint of Aspalls! 

I'm so excited (and hungry) now - seems to be a few stalls that were new last year that I need to try. I wasn't there last year and I swear I was just as upset about missing out on a Goan fish curry and Yam the Cassava as anything else. (Am totally in denial about the distressing Yam the Cassava news.)

10 minutes ago, jed123 said:

I'm bringing my girlfriend for her first Glastonbury this year, does anyone have any recommendations for stalls for someone who is coeliac and has to avoid all gluten?  

I'm not coeliac, so this is a bit of a guess, but I'd think:

- Tartiflette at La Grand Bouffe

- Goan Fish Curry

- Numerous Jerk Chicken oulets (and many opinions on which is best - most people go for one that advertises Curry Goat)

- Numerous asian curry places

- Loads of vege places in green fields have meals with no noticeable gluten

As I said, this is a bit of a guess and I have no idea if there's gluten in rice/potatoes/whatever, but there is a huge choice of quality food

17 minutes ago, jed123 said:

I'm bringing my girlfriend for her first Glastonbury this year, does anyone have any recommendations for stalls for someone who is coeliac and has to avoid all gluten?  

Yep

https://twitter.com/gf_glastonbury

And a thread here.

The smokehouse places were nice last year. Had a great bit of brisket. Still never made it to the lobster place. Or the crab place. Gumbo on Williams Green though. Yessir!

IMG_2600_Snapseed.jpg?resize=250%2C0

2 hours ago, jed123 said:

Hippy Chippy = coeliac friendly. Crucial info.

2 hours ago, The Nal said:

Yep

https://twitter.com/gf_glastonbury

And a thread here.

The smokehouse places were nice last year. Had a great bit of brisket. Still never made it to the lobster place. Or the crab place. Gumbo on Williams Green though. Yessir!

IMG_2600_Snapseed.jpg?resize=250%2C0

I had some Gumbo from there last year that didn't really taste of much :( must've been a bad batch or something as I know a few from here have raved about Crayfish Bob's in the past.

On 2 March 2016 at 0:16 PM, mr gumby said:

I'm hoping for these as my dream headliners:

Wednesday - Strumpets With Crumpets at The Park

Thursday - Roaming Rotisserie at William's Green

Friday - La Grand Bouffe at West Holts

Saturday - Oli's Halloumi Cone at Pyramid

Sunday - Welsh Oggie at Other

Strumpets With Crumpets were at Kendal Calling last year. Lovely!

I'll be looking out for the Halloumi Cone, loved the stuff ever since living in Cyprus in the early 90's.

For me, the only place I tend to visit more than once is Manic Organic for their Bruscetta and Cous Cous. It's 2 years since I was last there, I hope it hasn't changed.

Shaun.

56 minutes ago, pastorofmuppets said:

The gumbo was the best thing I ate last year - does he usually give you a whole crayfish to eat while you wait, or was I just lucky? 

Ha! I got a crayfish too! LOVELY food from there - bloody messy, but lovely!

If burgers are your thing I had an amazing one up at the top of the park last year. Really was good, even made a point of going back to tell them. Sorry, couldn't tell you what the place was called. 

Edited by joeltg